United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2021, 07:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I personally was impressed with him today. His weight of pass and passing range just puts someone like Fred to shame.

He also seems to have the positional discipline to play that holding role for a top side, which is something that Pogba lacks.

I'd 100% sign him, but I think the club will push for Rice next summer instead.
Should sign him and buy Rice next summer.

Although, I get the impression Rice will end up a CB.

Unread 29-08-2021, 08:05 PM
Ronny

Neves has 3 years left on his current deal,perhaps Wolves are asking too much.

Unread 28-05-2022, 12:56 PM
Curtis

This has got a lot of attention today. Multiple sources saying we’re making threats to bid etc.

Unread 28-05-2022, 12:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
This has got a lot of attention today. Multiple sources saying we’re making threats to bid etc.
£100m for him and De Jong. Can’t see it. We could really do with selling some shit@#%&!s for more than a tenner.

Unread 28-05-2022, 01:02 PM
suedeshoes

Actually at the 'making threats to bid' stage. Exciting times.

Unread 28-05-2022, 01:18 PM
Joe Biden

Can't be any worse than The Scottish Player. Get it done.

Unread 28-05-2022, 02:55 PM
shenwen

tenners likes him apparently

I'm not sold completely on Neves tbh, but better than what we have, especially in that role. Be weird seeing a defensive midfielder again who can pass a ball.

need Duaners' take.

Unread 28-05-2022, 03:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

I'm not sold completely on Neves tbh, but better than what we have, especially in that role. Be weird seeing a defensive midfielder again who can pass a ball.

need Duaners' take.
Seem to remember Duaners being a big fan, despite a slightly
Indifferent season.

I like him. Always have. If we got him and De Jong we would he so much better. Having players that can actually pass and receive the ball under pressure.

Unread 28-05-2022, 03:19 PM
Sparky***

3 years ago
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...ht=Ruben+Neves

Unread 28-05-2022, 03:49 PM
Patty_b

Always been a massive fan of the lad, been my no. 1 choice for years. Would be a huge signing if it can get done.

Unread 28-05-2022, 03:52 PM
Chris Quayd

Neves - The Scottish Player
Neves - Fred
Neves - Pereira

The possibilities are endless

Unread 28-05-2022, 03:52 PM
saffers

Must be a De Jong alternative. Both doesnt make sense.

Need one of them and a more defensive type.

Would be overjoyed with either.

Unread 28-05-2022, 07:27 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

need Duaners' take.
Been brilliant this season. Really upped his all round game.

Same age as De Jong, premier League proven and an absolute professional.

Not only would he be cheaper than De Jong, he'd actually want to join. And bear in mind, if utd sign De Jong, Barca will definitely sign Neves.

Clubs should leave Barcelona to keep all their players and fester in their gross financial mismanagement for as long as possible.

Neves captained Porto in the champions League as a teenager, he'd step up without any problem.

Unread 28-05-2022, 07:56 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Neves - Pereira
Oh My God, He's still on the books isnt he.

He's going to have a cracking pre season and make the squad again for 3 months. ffs

Unread 28-05-2022, 08:03 PM
armchair

If we had a different manager, I'd be team Neves all day.

Unread 28-05-2022, 08:14 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Must be a De Jong alternative. Both doesnt make sense.

Need one of them and a more defensive type.

Would be overjoyed with either.
Both makes perfect sense. A side that has players that keep the ball, anticipate danger and intercept a la Carrick rather than a destroyer is the sort of forward looking side we need. The rest of the team would need to understand the care for the ball these two would bring is a bit concerning… Bruno will need to reign it in a bit but ultimately a team with those two in midfield is far more progressive than a McFred ‘caust.

Unread 28-05-2022, 08:23 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Both makes perfect sense. A side that has players that keep the ball, anticipate danger and intercept a la Carrick rather than a destroyer is the sort of forward looking side we need. The rest of the team would need to understand the care for the ball these two would bring is a bit concerning… Bruno will need to reign it in a bit but ultimately a team with those two in midfield is far more progressive than a McFred ‘caust.
You want pure sexball mr B?

Unread 11-06-2022, 11:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 11-06-2022, 11:31 AM
Joe Biden

De Jong. Neves. Fred.

£#%&! me that's some improvement.

If those 3 play the majority of games next season I'd go from doom and gloom to trophy and top 3 very quickly.

Unread 11-06-2022, 11:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Can’t see it. If we get De Jong, he’ll be the only £60m+ signing we can afford. Wolves are going to want a fortune for him. I’d love him here, but I think there are cheaper alternatives.
Closed Thread