United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Reply
 
Unread 19-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien View Post
Watched the original top gun. What I remembered to bea great film was pretty shit tbh. Not aged well at all and pretty much everyone in it is fundamentally unlikeable. That volleyball scene though
Surprisingly, the new one has been getting rave reviews.
 
Unread 19-05-2022, 09:55 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien View Post
Watched the original top gun. What I remembered to bea great film was pretty shit tbh. Not aged well at all and pretty much everyone in it is fundamentally unlikeable. That volleyball scene though
Where did you watch it? I want my daughter to see it before we see Maverick.

That volleyball scene

Still canít believe some people think itís a gay movie


I watched Red Notice finally all the way through. Pretty bland really.
 
Unread 21-05-2022, 03:04 PM
guerreiro
 
Default

The Northman - utter tosh. Worst of all the deluge of Viking shows
 
Unread 22-05-2022, 09:35 PM
FraUtd
 
Default

Everything, Everywhere, All At Once

Huh

I got what was happening, but definitely lost track of the why early on.
I'm sure there's a really good story or message in there somewhere, I'll need the Dummies Guide though
 
Unread 22-05-2022, 09:37 PM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Blade Runner 2049. Genuinely one of the dullest things I've ever watched.
 
Unread 22-05-2022, 09:39 PM
Drexl
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd View Post
Everything, Everywhere, All At Once

Huh

I got what was happening, but definitely lost track of the why early on.
I'm sure there's a really good story or message in there somewhere, I'll need the Dummies Guide though
I'm just watching this now, half hour in, and tempted to bin it. It's annoyingly chaotic and i'm sick of everyone having 4 random arguments allat the same time
 
Unread 22-05-2022, 09:43 PM
andyroo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
I'm just watching this now, half hour in, and tempted to bin it. It's annoyingly chaotic and i'm sick of everyone having 4 random arguments allat the same time
But enough about Fred now
 
Unread 22-05-2022, 10:36 PM
AK14
 
Default

Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers

Great laugh with the little man, who enjoyed it.

Some great cameos from 80/90ís cartoon characters.
 
Unread 23-05-2022, 03:51 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
The Northman - utter tosh. Worst of all the deluge of Viking shows
Here was me thinking a film starring Ethan Hawke, Nicole Kidman, Anna Taylor Joy, Bjork, William Dafoe and Finchy from the Office would be good.

Wrong.

Some decent bits, some nice violence, but a ultimately a messy, overlong Viking by the numbers film.
 
Unread 23-05-2022, 09:13 AM
Jethro
 
Default

Jackass 4.5 - Better than the film that was released. The sushi skit had me retching.

Wag the Dog - A government "cleaner" is brought in to sort out a scandal with the president who is accused of diddling a girl scout. The plan is to get a Hollywood producer to create a fake war. It's far too close to home for a satire as Clinton did the same thing about a year after it was released.

The Lost City - Not bad, but looks like utter shit. All modern films look like a Netflix soulless production.
 
Unread 23-05-2022, 06:27 PM
dunk
 
Default

The Fugitive - early 90ís Harrison Ford masterclass. God damn itís good
 
Unread 24-05-2022, 10:40 PM
Drexl
 
Default

The Outpost

True story about a team of US soldiers defending a camp against loads of Taliban in Afghanistan.

Pretty decent tbf: very intense, heartbreaking when they show the pictures of the real dudes KIA at the end.

But all the way through, I was looking at this guy and thinking where do I know him from?



The name gave it away: Scott Eastwood. He really tries his best not to do his dad's voice but fails, because there are two kinds of people in this world my friend etc
 
Unread 25-05-2022, 12:14 PM
windy waffles
 
Default

Off to see Top Gun 2 tonight.

Can't bloody wait.

Will be emotional I'm sure, take me back to my days in the RAF...
 
Unread 25-05-2022, 01:01 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Off to see Top Gun 2 tonight.

Can't bloody wait.

Will be emotional I'm sure, take me back to my days in the RAF...
This is it Koppas, this is really it.

Can't f***ing wait.
 
Unread 25-05-2022, 01:05 PM
windy waffles
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
This is it Koppas, this is really it.

Can't f***ing wait.


Looks f***ing ace tbf.
 
Unread 25-05-2022, 01:58 PM
Jethro
 
Default

One False Move - Following a series of drug deals and murders, three criminals travel from Los Angeles to Houston, arriving in a small Arkansas town to go into hiding. Two detectives on their trail hire local PD to help with the case. Very very good noir/crime thriller with a great lead from Bill Paxton.
 
Unread 27-05-2022, 07:18 PM
Jethro
 
Default

Top Gun - The coolest yet gayest film of all time.

Top Gun: Maverick - Wow. Superb absolutely superb. I've not smiled during the runtime of a film like that in so long. Dropped tear a few times too. Tonally perfect and the action set pieces are some of the best you'll see at the cinema. See it at the IMAX if you can.
 
Unread 28-05-2022, 10:46 AM
guerreiro
 
Default

Top Gun: Maverick.

Masterpiece. Big grins throughout from start to finish.

Went to IMAX, screen size was great, but by Christ the seats were crap. Like old school skinny hard things, crammed in. Going for a second viewing at the one with interactive, moving seats. Canít wait.
 
Unread 28-05-2022, 12:08 PM
Jethro
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Top Gun: Maverick.

Masterpiece. Big grins throughout from start to finish.

Went to IMAX, screen size was great, but by Christ the seats were crap. Like old school skinny hard things, crammed in. Going for a second viewing at the one with interactive, moving seats. Canít wait.
 
Unread 29-05-2022, 07:58 PM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Gold on Amazon Prime. Zac Efron and another fella found some buried gold in the desert and tried to make a plan to excavate it and then I got bored and moved to Netflix look for something else.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Movies I saw this weekend - 2022 Edition
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Movies i saw this weekend - 2021 edition Chorlton74 TV / Film / Books / Arts 1387 01-01-2022 06:17 AM
'Movies' I saw this weekend II Ginners TV / Film / Books / Arts 10036 22-12-2014 02:22 PM
Special Edition/Directors Cut movies. magic_cantona TV / Film / Books / Arts 20 20-06-2009 12:02 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.