United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 19-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien View Post
Watched the original top gun. What I remembered to bea great film was pretty shit tbh. Not aged well at all and pretty much everyone in it is fundamentally unlikeable. That volleyball scene though
Surprisingly, the new one has been getting rave reviews.

Unread 19-05-2022, 09:55 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien View Post
Watched the original top gun. What I remembered to bea great film was pretty shit tbh. Not aged well at all and pretty much everyone in it is fundamentally unlikeable. That volleyball scene though
Where did you watch it? I want my daughter to see it before we see Maverick.

That volleyball scene

Still canít believe some people think itís a gay movie

I watched Red Notice finally all the way through. Pretty bland really.

Unread 21-05-2022, 03:04 PM
guerreiro

The Northman - utter tosh. Worst of all the deluge of Viking shows

Unread 22-05-2022, 09:35 PM
FraUtd

Everything, Everywhere, All At Once

Huh

I got what was happening, but definitely lost track of the why early on.
I'm sure there's a really good story or message in there somewhere, I'll need the Dummies Guide though

Unread 22-05-2022, 09:37 PM
suedeshoes

Blade Runner 2049. Genuinely one of the dullest things I've ever watched.

Unread 22-05-2022, 09:39 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd View Post
Everything, Everywhere, All At Once

Huh

I got what was happening, but definitely lost track of the why early on.
I'm sure there's a really good story or message in there somewhere, I'll need the Dummies Guide though
I'm just watching this now, half hour in, and tempted to bin it. It's annoyingly chaotic and i'm sick of everyone having 4 random arguments allat the same time

Unread 22-05-2022, 09:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
I'm just watching this now, half hour in, and tempted to bin it. It's annoyingly chaotic and i'm sick of everyone having 4 random arguments allat the same time
But enough about Fred now

Unread 22-05-2022, 10:36 PM
AK14

Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers

Great laugh with the little man, who enjoyed it.

Some great cameos from 80/90ís cartoon characters.

Unread 23-05-2022, 03:51 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
The Northman - utter tosh. Worst of all the deluge of Viking shows
Here was me thinking a film starring Ethan Hawke, Nicole Kidman, Anna Taylor Joy, Bjork, William Dafoe and Finchy from the Office would be good.

Wrong.

Some decent bits, some nice violence, but a ultimately a messy, overlong Viking by the numbers film.

Unread 23-05-2022, 09:13 AM
Jethro

Jackass 4.5 - Better than the film that was released. The sushi skit had me retching.

Wag the Dog - A government "cleaner" is brought in to sort out a scandal with the president who is accused of diddling a girl scout. The plan is to get a Hollywood producer to create a fake war. It's far too close to home for a satire as Clinton did the same thing about a year after it was released.

The Lost City - Not bad, but looks like utter shit. All modern films look like a Netflix soulless production.

Unread 23-05-2022, 06:27 PM
dunk

The Fugitive - early 90ís Harrison Ford masterclass. God damn itís good

Unread 24-05-2022, 10:40 PM
Drexl

The Outpost

True story about a team of US soldiers defending a camp against loads of Taliban in Afghanistan.

Pretty decent tbf: very intense, heartbreaking when they show the pictures of the real dudes KIA at the end.

But all the way through, I was looking at this guy and thinking where do I know him from?

The name gave it away: Scott Eastwood. He really tries his best not to do his dad's voice but fails, because there are two kinds of people in this world my friend etc

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:14 PM
windy waffles

Off to see Top Gun 2 tonight.

Can't bloody wait.

Will be emotional I'm sure, take me back to my days in the RAF...

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:01 PM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Off to see Top Gun 2 tonight.

Can't bloody wait.

Will be emotional I'm sure, take me back to my days in the RAF...
This is it Koppas, this is really it.

Can't f***ing wait.

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:05 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
This is it Koppas, this is really it.

Can't f***ing wait.

Looks f***ing ace tbf.

Unread 25-05-2022, 01:58 PM
Jethro

One False Move - Following a series of drug deals and murders, three criminals travel from Los Angeles to Houston, arriving in a small Arkansas town to go into hiding. Two detectives on their trail hire local PD to help with the case. Very very good noir/crime thriller with a great lead from Bill Paxton.

Unread 27-05-2022, 07:18 PM
Jethro

Top Gun - The coolest yet gayest film of all time.

Top Gun: Maverick - Wow. Superb absolutely superb. I've not smiled during the runtime of a film like that in so long. Dropped tear a few times too. Tonally perfect and the action set pieces are some of the best you'll see at the cinema. See it at the IMAX if you can.

Unread 28-05-2022, 10:46 AM
guerreiro

Top Gun: Maverick.

Masterpiece. Big grins throughout from start to finish.

Went to IMAX, screen size was great, but by Christ the seats were crap. Like old school skinny hard things, crammed in. Going for a second viewing at the one with interactive, moving seats. Canít wait.

Unread 28-05-2022, 12:08 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Top Gun: Maverick.

Masterpiece. Big grins throughout from start to finish.

Went to IMAX, screen size was great, but by Christ the seats were crap. Like old school skinny hard things, crammed in. Going for a second viewing at the one with interactive, moving seats. Canít wait.

Unread 29-05-2022, 07:58 PM
suedeshoes

Gold on Amazon Prime. Zac Efron and another fella found some buried gold in the desert and tried to make a plan to excavate it and then I got bored and moved to Netflix look for something else.