United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 05-05-2022, 05:18 PM
Jethro

What a terrible terrible game. The AI defending is infuriating.

Unread 05-05-2022, 05:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
What a terrible terrible game. The AI defending is infuriating.
Ball magnets in their feet the blocking and interceptions aaaarrrghhhhh

Unread 05-05-2022, 09:04 PM
Poop

Trek To Yomi (PC)

Extremely basic slasher. I was seduced by the graphics and bought it. Was hoping it might be a worthy successor to Capcom's Onimusha series. It's boring as hell and no more sophisticated than a mobile phone game.

Crap.

Unread 05-05-2022, 10:13 PM
windy waffles

Looks like Limbo with Rayden out of Mortal Kombat instead of the little kid...

Unread 25-05-2022, 12:40 AM
Poop

Thumbs down

I returned to Death Stranding after about a year. Initially I f***ed it off as it was a walking simulator but decided to give it a second chance.

It's still a walking simulator and hands down the most needlessly nonsensical bizarre ambiguous pretentious load of aimless shite I've ever played. Pick up your cargo, walk awkwardly for twenty minutes up a mountain trying not to drop everything, deposit your cargo and walk all the way back down without falling over, crouch an hide and hold your breath when floating enemies are in the area, change your hiking boots, sooth the baby in a bottle you have connected to your suit when its stressed, carry your mothers dead body on your back, etc, etc, etc

Rubbish. And the f***ing menu screens, I've played less complex PC flight sims with a Chinese interface. Then there's the story, don't even f***ing ask. I'll tell you what, Hideo Metal Gear Solid Kojima is heralded as one of the greatest games developers of all time, a genius. No he's not, he's a f***ing c***.

I've read the first ten hours or so are an absolute slog and it gets better afterwards but not a sodding chance do I want to play a minute more. I've got as far as securing a motorcycle which I assume eases off on the on-foot missions but I'm beyond giving a toss. It looks nice but otherwise this game can f*** right off. Livid

Unread 25-05-2022, 02:23 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
I returned to Death Stranding after about a year. Initially I f***ed it off as it was a walking simulator but decided to give it a second chance.

It's still a walking simulator and hands down the most needlessly nonsensical bizarre ambiguous pretentious load of aimless shite I've ever played. Pick up your cargo, walk awkwardly for twenty minutes up a mountain trying not to drop everything, deposit your cargo and walk all the way back down without falling over, crouch an hide and hold your breath when floating enemies are in the area, change your hiking boots, sooth the baby in a bottle you have connected to your suit when its stressed, carry your mothers dead body on your back, etc, etc, etc

Rubbish. And the f***ing menu screens, I've played less complex PC flight sims with a Chinese interface. Then there's the story, don't even f***ing ask. I'll tell you what, Hideo Metal Gear Solid Kojima is heralded as one of the greatest games developers of all time, a genius. No he's not, he's a f***ing c***.

I've read the first ten hours or so are an absolute slog and it gets better afterwards but not a sodding chance do I want to play a minute more. I've got as far as securing a motorcycle which I assume eases off on the on-foot missions but I'm beyond giving a toss. It looks nice but otherwise this game can f*** right off. Livid

9/10 then?

Unread 25-05-2022, 02:37 PM
Bobda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
9/10 then?

Hates it, so no doubt Poop will now invest in a Death Stranding banded PS5, with matching controller and all the DLC and never open it.

Unread 25-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Poop

I'm going to reinstall it again tonight and give it one more go

I hate it but its niggling at me and I'm not going to let it better me, the useless pile of nonsensical turgid walky shite. There might be something in there worth persevering with.

*that French actress who was in the most recent Bond movies, she doesn't get them out in it by any chance?

Big Mads Mikkelsen, my man crush (not gay) is in there too. Though I might have a peek if he gets his bits out tbh.

Unread 25-05-2022, 04:49 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I'm going to reinstall it again tonight and give it one more go

I hate it but its niggling at me and I'm not going to let it better me, the useless pile of nonsensical turgid walky shite. There might be something in there worth persevering with.

*that French actress who was in the most recent Bond movies, she doesn't get them out in it by any chance?

Big Mads Mikkelsen, my man crush (not gay) is in there too. Though I might have a peek if he gets his bits out tbh.
I loved MGS and to be honest I probably made a big mistake in hoping it would be a similar kind of game. Or at least provide me with a similar level of entertainment. I thought it was shite and when I tried to replay it I thought it was shite then too. Hideous Kojima is a perfect example of someone who bought too much into their own hype. Incredibly pretentious.

Unread 27-05-2022, 01:37 AM
Poop

Thumbs down

Microsoft Flight Sim 2020.

You call this shit fun? f*** off

Unread 27-05-2022, 05:19 AM
Drexl

Thumbs up

Quote:

If you zoom in, you can see Nigel Farage

Unread 27-05-2022, 06:03 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:

might work better if you werent playing it on a potato

Unread 27-05-2022, 10:01 AM
Poop

Oi, oi, oi. Its an old potato but still a tasty potato, my trusty 1080.

That's a random field in Donegal tbs, tbs. Programmers are obviously racist as they didn't lavish it with the care the rest of the game got.

Unread 28-05-2022, 09:16 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:

“Objective: End the flight”

Looks like you succeeded.

Unread 29-05-2022, 08:00 AM
Drexl

Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth

HP Lovecraft inspired horror game.

You are a private detective who travels to Innsmouth (think: Stockport by the sea) on the hunt for a missing person.

The bad: it's old and clunky. There is no detective stuff to do. It feels open world at first, but really it is a very linear corridor game that jumps from set piece to set piece.

BUT It's pretty creepy. The atmosphere is great: it's more the stuff you see out the corner of your eye than anything specific: something slithering through a door or down a grid as you turn a corner, or glimpsing a hanged woman through a window...

More a curio than anything, but worth paying maybe 2 quid. I think when I originally played it, I was more excited about how it suggested what pc games would become. Even though they never did...

Unread 03-06-2022, 12:24 PM
dunk

Gave The Last Guardian a go out of curiosity. What a f***ing game

Unread 06-06-2022, 11:06 AM
armchair

Max Payne 3 for me today.

Unread 06-06-2022, 11:07 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Max Payne 3 for me today.
Still think this is the best TPS ever made.

Edit - or at least it’s peak gameplay

Unread 06-06-2022, 11:13 AM
armchair

I'm pretty sure I've played it before but it's not on my steam or rockstar launcher. It's only 7 euros on steam atm.

Unread 06-06-2022, 11:43 AM
Arnold Muhren

Death Stranding (Director’s Cut) is coming to PS Plus. Is it as bad as Poop says or is at all worth a look?