United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 14-05-2022, 04:49 AM
Sharders

Default Seafood

Hated it as a kid, teens, twenties, most of thirties. Now I'm fairly sure I'm addicted. Wife same. Last night at Ship on the Shore in Leith, Edinburgh got a starter platter of:

Loch Creran Oysters, Mussels, Smoked Queen Scallops, Rollmop & Sweet Cure Herring, Clams, Anchovies, Abroath Smokie, Shipís Hot & Cold Bunnahabhain Smoked Salmon with Garlic Mayo

https://ibb.co/cDwzQVX

The thought of that 20 years ago would make me sick. Can't get enough now.

Anyone else had shift in taste to seafood?

Unread 14-05-2022, 06:22 AM
believe

Yep exactly the same and all over it now. My trip to the fish market is the highlight of my month.

Did a tagine with cod and prawns in the week thatís the best seafood dish Iíve had to date. Takes some time getting used to cooking seafood the way it should be but the tagine method works really well. Literally seven minutes submerged in the sauce and both the cod and prawns were perfect.

Unread 14-05-2022, 07:42 AM
Long tongue phooey

Fish finger sandwiches are ok

Unread 14-05-2022, 07:46 AM
NedKelly

I must have consumed hundreds of thousands of prawns by now. Maybe even millions.

Unread 14-05-2022, 07:53 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I must have consumed hundreds of thousands of prawns by now. Maybe even millions.
The Prawnmower Man

Unread 14-05-2022, 08:21 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post

Unread 14-05-2022, 08:25 AM
Street Magician

I still can't stand anything with gills, apart from monkfish. Although I love all crustaceans/shellfish though... weird me!

Unread 14-05-2022, 08:44 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Magician View Post
I still can't stand anything with gills, apart from monkfish. Although I love all crustaceans/shellfish though... weird me!
Crustaceans have gills.

Never eat benthic filter feeders.

Unread 14-05-2022, 08:51 AM
Poop

Eat it far more than meat. If it comes out of the sea I'll down it. Fresh salmon is king.

Lowlights however were octopus (like eating a sink plunger) squid (elastic bands) and oysters (phlegm).

Unread 14-05-2022, 09:06 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
Eat it far more than meat. If it comes out of the sea I'll down it. Fresh salmon is king.

Lowlights however were octopus (like eating a sink plunger) squid (elastic bands) and oysters (phlegm).
Salmon are anadromous, most wild caught coming from freshwater.