United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-04-2011, 04:58 PM
andyroo

Default Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It's yet more anti-United nonsense & nothing more.

How ANY Football fans can sit there with a straight face & say they're offended by swearing is beyond me.
It's part of Football....I litchrally don't stop swearing throughout a game.

The Press spend all week slagging him off - & then when he tells them to £#%&! Off they get all shirty about it.
Shearer was spot on for once.

"He's apologised, that's the end of it. Next."

Unread 03-04-2011, 05:15 PM
borsuk

Default Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Some people prefer the safety blanket of 4-5-1 and would like United to sign players to fit it, others prefer the attacking emphasis of something vaguely resembling 4-4-2
that's an idiotic comment throb. both formations can be attacking or defensive depending on how they are set up and how the manager wants them to play.

Unread 03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
would you think that might have anything to do with, for example, Obertan away, Hargreaves' contract position, VDS' retirement and Scholes winding down?

you never know, eh. it just might.
Our midfield needs strengthening and I'd imagine if United have the funds (big if) we'll strengthen the midfield. You can't use the Hargreaves situation, he has been £#%&!ed for what, 2 years? So he needed replacing last year. Of course we're top of the league and on for a treble so you can sit there making excuses saying our midfield is fine, but most other people seem to be able to see beyond that, except you. I've said it before but it's a pointless argument because people like you will always find an excuse, now you're saying Fergie only said that because he wants to replace Hargreaves, £#%&! off he's been £#%&!ed for 2 years.

Unread 03-04-2011, 05:41 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
that's an idiotic comment throb. both formations can be attacking or defensive depending on how they are set up and how the manager wants them to play.
And depending who's in it...

Unread 03-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Our midfield needs strengthening and I'd imagine if United have the funds (big if) we'll strengthen the midfield. You can't use the Hargreaves situation, he has been £#%&!ed for what, 2 years? So he needed replacing last year. Of course we're top of the league and on for a treble so you can sit there making excuses saying our midfield is fine, but most other people seem to be able to see beyond that, except you. I've said it before but it's a pointless argument because people like you will always find an excuse, now you're saying Fergie only said that because he wants to replace Hargreaves, £#%&! off he's been £#%&!ed for 2 years.
over and over again you just say the same old shit tbh

but no matter how many times you say it, the problems with the midfield still do not amount to it being shit

of course, you've gradually revised your stance on that already

if you can't find any mention of fletcher's limitations, or anderson's fitness issues or the patience with hargreaves in my posts on the subject of united's midfield then you'd be better off following someone else around on here tbh. if on the other hand you can find mention of them, then perhaps you'd be good enough to get someone to explain them to you and take it from there.

Unread 03-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
the two positions (pov's) i mentioned are not the only two positions. i was particularly referring to the wishlist of fred transfer targets that was very clearly focused on an attacking midfielder - VDV, Ozil etc - to support a lone striker.

it's hardly idiotic, is it. accurate would maybe have been a better description ;-}

btw we've already established that Ferguson tends to use 4-5-1 as a stifling tactic as much as anything, as confirmed by his comments after the arsenal 1-0 game at ot this season. he also uses it to match-up with the opposition. 4-5-1 has attacking possibilities obviously, particularly in terms of sucking the opposition on and using fast players to hit the spaces in behind. the original idea of the shift in emphasis in europe anyway was to try and control the ball as much as possible. personally I think the success of it in that respect hasn't been anything like enough to justify the overuse of it last season in particular. it will be very interesting to see how United set about Chelsea in the european cup quarter-final this season. i seriously doubt they will start with only one striker.

Unread 03-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
you sad little @#%&!
That's me.

btw BORE OFF #@&%!FACE.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's me.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:13 PM
borsuk

Quote:
it will be very interesting to see how United set about Chelsea in the european cup quarter-final this season. i seriously doubt they will start with only one striker.
fergie has often used two up top against chelsea, hasn't he? the 4-3-3 lineup is his preferred choice for arsenal, for example, and european aways (i wonder how far that is dictated by a desire to minimise energy use in relatively meaningless group games and to give weaker players a run in them in a relatively safe formation). on the other hand from memory he tends to play 2 up against the dippers and chelsea.

the interesting thing for me will be the choice between berbatov, rooney and pea. you could make a good case for any two of them starting.

it was good to see anderson back on saturday, even if only on the bench. key player for us imo.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
even ferie knows it needs strengthening
think he probably has a better view of what we need and don't need than any of us tbh

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:20 PM
beansy

Quote:
think he probably has a better view of what we need and don't need than any of us tbh
Do you think of Fergie when you £#%&! your missus?

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:22 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansy
I do tbh.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
you misinterpreted the intended tone of 'even' pal

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
ha ha, no really ha ha ha, brilliant mate :£#%&!er:

sorry for actually thinking fergie might be a good manager, my bad

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
you misinterpreted the intended tone of 'even' pal
oh

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:28 PM
beansy

Quote:

He's brilliant isn't he? Probably the greatest. However, there is more to the club than him sometimes.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:29 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:31 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
However, there is more to the club than him sometimes.
Make your mind up.

Unread 03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Hopskipjump

he he watching the replay now...phew...