United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2017, 11:55 PM
Crumps

Default Don't want him, too defensive...

Was the cry. How wrong some were about that. Love the way he's come in and adapted and is pleasing most camps and the 'we play this way' traditionalists. Absolutely made for this club and can see him here long term, his kids must be getting to leave home in the next few years. This is the start of a Fergiesque dynasty and he will win every trophy available to him within 5 years. Got the basic shape of the team now so new signings in the summer with some leaving then we'll be in the position to dominate making one or two signing per season, big juicy record piss boiling transfers. DOMINATION

Me in 20 years.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:03 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Let's hope so

Needs to find a home and get his wife settled in. If not he'll soon be walking around with a plate in his bag.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:04 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Was the cry. How wrong some were about that. Love the way he's come in and adapted and is pleasing most camps and the 'we play this way' traditionalists. Absolutely made for this club and can see him here long term, his kids must be getting to leave home in the next few years. This is the start of a Fergiesque dynasty and he will win every trophy available to him within 5 years. Got the basic shape of the team now so new signings in the summer with some leaving then we'll be in the position to dominate making one or two signing per season, big juicy record piss boiling transfers. DOMINATION

https://youtu.be/SI-sJ7R7lys

Me in 20 years.
Spot on Pal - he is the Cantona of the Managers world IMHO he will settle here just as Eric did and could be in charge for years and years. Also think he got it from the outset that he has to attack the Utd way!!!!

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:05 AM
Sparky***

Someone's been on the prosecco.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:06 AM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Match made in heaven.

The outrage over that red on Monday is something we've not had since Fergie.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:09 AM
armchair

I heard fergie recently told him to just be himself and do it his way.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:13 AM
Bunker Buster

Could be here for 10 years....

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:18 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Read that somewhere myself and it's ridiculous if true. He shouldn't have had to change anything anyway if the club truly wanted him. We needed him just as much as he needed us so to try and put some kind of restrictions on him in order to live up to some ficticious nonsense would be pathetic.

Many of us knew he was the one to follow Fergie, not only did he not fear the pressure of following the great man, he was relishing the challenge.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:24 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Someone's been on the prosecco.
Fizzy piss. Not my bag.

I think he's come as manager at exactly the right time too, think taking over Fergie and everything that came with that may have caused some big issues. Getting Fergie's way of doing things out of mind of the supporters by having to sit through 3 years of mostly unwatchable shite ends up as a positive.

I'm personally thrilled at the football we have been playing and how players are reacting to the new training/coaches/manager. If we can keep Pogba, Zlat and Carrick fit there's a good chance this run could get even better Using the cup games to audition a Carrick alternative would be handy, TFM and Blind could be worth a go. Failing that plenty of time being dedicated to how others would take up parts of his role.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:27 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Read that somewhere myself and it's ridiculous if true. He shouldn't have had to change anything anyway if the club truly wanted him. We needed him just as much as he needed us so to try and put some kind of restrictions on him in order to live up to some ficticious nonsense would be pathetic.

Many of us knew he was the one to follow Fergie, not only did he not fear the pressure of following the great man, he was relishing the challenge.
imo he was kind of walking on egg shells at the start. He's grown into it.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:32 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Yep, he looked a bit uncomfortable which imo was the nonsense talked about with 'the United way'.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

https://youtu.be/SI-sJ7R7lys

Me in 20 years.
Absolute reppage

Quote:
Goth on the money again

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:47 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Yep, he looked a bit uncomfortable which imo was the nonsense talked about with 'the United way'.
yeah and it was noticeable that the people pushing "the United way" were ex-pool pundits in the main. pack of #@&%!s. same #@&%!s thought moyes needed more time.

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:04 AM
Billy Redface

Said something similar earlier.

We're seeing a side growing in confidence, togetherness, resilience .... and all while remaining positive and faithful to the clubs traditions.

Mourinho himself looks happier too. He looked frustrated earlier in the season, probably because he was. Good. We weren't winning.

Now, he's shaping his squad, he seems to trust the right players and is getting the best out of them.

We'll be seriously primed for a title push from the £#%&!ing start next season.

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:09 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Fizzy piss. Not my bag.

I think he's come as manager at exactly the right time too, think taking over Fergie and everything that came with that may have caused some big issues. Getting Fergie's way of doing things out of mind of the supporters by having to sit through 3 years of mostly unwatchable shite ends up as a positive.

I'm personally thrilled at the football we have been playing and how players are reacting to the new training/coaches/manager. If we can keep Pogba, Zlat and Carrick fit there's a good chance this run could get even better Using the cup games to audition a Carrick alternative would be handy, TFM and Blind could be worth a go. Failing that plenty of time being dedicated to how others would take up parts of his role.
always likely the man after the man after fergie would be the true beneficiary. didn't bargain for the moyes experiment but hey ho... here we are now

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:14 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Nah, £#%&! the man after the man revisionism crap.

If you appoint a coward and non-winner after a legend retires you get what was served up. Mourinho would have walked in and lapped the situation up.

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:16 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
always likely the man after the man after fergie would be the true beneficiary. didn't bargain for the moyes experiment but hey ho... here we are now
Was gonna put that in 'the man after the man' but it's the man after the man after the man. Got himself a clean slate, a good squad and relatively little/low pressure/expectations for United manager. This is probably the first (maybe second) time in 25 years where our manager hasn't been expected to win the league from the off.

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:17 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Said something similar earlier.

We're seeing a side growing in confidence, togetherness, resilience .... and all while remaining positive and faithful to the clubs traditions.

Mourinho himself looks happier too. He looked frustrated earlier in the season, probably because he was. Good. We weren't winning.

Now, he's shaping his squad, he seems to trust the right players and is getting the best out of them.

We'll be seriously primed for a title push from the get-go next season.
very disappointing

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:17 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
very disappointing
Corrected

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:27 AM
jem

Quote:
he's started picking carrick.
Closed Thread