United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 21-09-2018, 02:38 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Just found out one of my closest mates has a cancerous lump in his oesophagus and is 2 weeks into his first bout of chemo.

He has another 2 weeks to do and then an operation followed by more chemo.

He's 48, has a wife and 3 kids aged 13, 9 and 6.
none of its fair but when it hits parents with young kids its just awful.

its just an absolute cunt. robbed so many people of so much.

Unread 21-09-2018, 03:24 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
His lovers last words ?

Nightmare. How old?

My sister ( 48 ) got tit cancer in nov 2016 and got the all clear 5 months later after having it off. I always thought that was that...nope. The treatment has continued and shes been sick ever since. Including constant pain and recently getting fucking stage 1 sepsis.

She's also had to work throughout all of this, as she was turned down for PIP benefit and told unless she's got 6months to live then she can't claim anything other than stat sick pay ( this was right after she had it off and couldn't even move her arm to wash her hair )
She’s 71. Had a tumour in a saliva gland removed about 12-13 yrs ago. Another one a few years later. Then had a hysterectomy last year because of another tumour & now this.
The only thing to be thankful for is that none of the new stuff is secondaries.

Fucking horrific disease. And the sheer randomness is just evil.

Aye, doesn't surprise me about the benefits. Those caring Tories & their necessary austerity eh?

Unread 21-09-2018, 05:15 PM
YCSYFEUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
none of its fair but when it hits parents with young kids its just awful.

its just an absolute cunt. robbed so many people of so much.
This. Reading through this thread was hard. Dipped in and out but read it in full today. Condolences to those who lost loved ones to this bastard. I only know too well what damage it can do.

Those of you going through it either battling it or supporting loved ones are so strong and you have my upmost respect.

Hopkins, stay strong mate

Last edited by YCSYFEUYA; 21-09-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Unread 21-09-2018, 10:08 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCSYFEUYA
This. Reading through this thread was hard. Dipped in and out but read it in full today. Condolences to those who lost loved ones to this bastard. I only know too well what damage it can do.

Those of you going through it either battling it or supporting loved ones are so strong and you have my upmost respect.

Hopkins, stay strong mate
All you can do is make the most of every day with your loved ones while they are here

The one saving grace is that you can build up to your goodbye and get used to the idea a bit. That one tiny micro grace

Unread 22-09-2018, 10:55 AM
magic_cantona

Mate of mine, his girlfriend and mother of 2 boys, died Thursday of cancer. She didn't tell a lot of people that she actually had it so it was a shock for a lot of people. Lovely girl ffs.

35. Mental.

Unread 22-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Mate of mine, his girlfriend and mother of 2 boys, died Thursday of cancer. She didn't tell a lot of people that she actually had it so it was a shock for a lot of people. Lovely girl ffs.

35. Mental.
Ffs.

Unread 24-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Cream

It's fucking infuriating this thread. Get it licked, brainiacs.

Unread 24-09-2018, 07:51 PM
Fat Al

Well, some good news at last.

My mum was discharged from hospital today. White blood cell count is up, and the infection is responding to antibiotics.
Tomorrows chemo has been put back a week, so hopefully she'll have her strength back by then because it really knocks her back for 10-14 days after each treatment.

The other problem is my step-dad. He's 79. His driving is getting worse - he's almost at the point where he is going to have to give up driving altogether. Short distances, he's not too bad but anything over 10 miles, he struggles. motorway driving too - especially the M6 between here & Stoke as it is full of fucking roadworks with very narrow lanes. And he's useless at night, his eyesight can't cope with it. Luckily my Mums chemo is at Stafford hospital which is only 6 miles from where they live but everything else, including this hospital stay, is up at Stoke. So I can't let him drive there, he'll end up having an accident.
He's getting forgetful, he can't be trusted in the kitchen & he's starting to have to problems with simple everyday tasks.
I've been dreading this happening.

Unread 24-09-2018, 10:04 PM
red in cumbria

Not many things are as much of a cunt as cancer, but Alzheimers arguably is.

Unread 02-10-2018, 03:47 PM
hopkins

Week 6

Another home visit for a few hours, currently chilling on the sofa with 2 happy rugrats. Hopefully this continues and can come home next week

Gonna be hard, as got a syringe driver in each arm, and will need a district nurse everyday to change the drugs, and can't get about like she used to, but obviously better than being stuck in the hospice