United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:33 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i thought they were shit. remember them having 1 chance in the entire game. no idea if they are shit usually.

we were ordinary and could have had 3 goals and more besides - apart the 3 we got.
They had about 7 in the first half

Unread 17-02-2017, 08:34 AM
puressence

Love how jose mentioned the players attitude beofre the game to relaxed to happy not focused bet he £#%&!ing hammered them at halftime .. Love how he influences games from the touchline doesnt wait an age to change things either .

Unread 17-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Sizlack

I think its quite clear UEFA want us to go far in this competition for a bit more prestige Dodgy dodgy decisions all night, it was so embarrassingly obvious at times

Unread 17-02-2017, 09:11 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I liked their endeavour first half and their movement looked decent at times. But technically they weren't very good at all. I'd be surprised if they put away three chances without reply, even against a weakened United side. Not surprised that goals have been their big problem this season. 5th in France with a good defensive record but scored far fewer than those above them.

Sounds familiar

Unread 17-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
I think its quite clear UEFA want us to go far in this competition for a bit more prestige Dodgy dodgy decisions all night, it was so embarrassingly obvious at times
£#%&! me Sizzles that's the kind of stuff the missus comes out with... and even if true we're due some.

Apart from their constant body checking and diving that he fell for.

Actually thought he was a bit against us until he made a few odd ones either way

Refs eh? Wish they'd all £#%&! of to Saudi and put Pure in charge of our games

Unread 17-02-2017, 10:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
. Other than letting them kick us and stop our attacks with impunity and flashing a yellow whenever we committed a foul, yeah.

Unread 17-02-2017, 10:22 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Only just realised tonight how poor the line-up in this competition is. Spurs the only team to worry about. Got to stay in it.
Roma are an excellent side and would give us more problems than Spurs imo

Unread 17-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
. Other than letting them kick us and stop our attacks with impunity and flashing a yellow whenever we committed a foul, yeah.
That's wot I thought and then he did a few weird ones both ways. Nothing major. Pen a bit soft though

Unread 17-02-2017, 10:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
That's wot I thought and then he did a few weird ones both ways. Nothing major. Pen a bit soft though
Pen was down the other end so I couldn't really tell. Zlat for his free kick was £#%&!ing hilarious though, proper bought it, probably a foul the other way if anything

Unread 17-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
A bit soft £#%&!ing hell, we'd have been fuming if that was given against us.

Unread 17-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Pen was down the other end so I couldn't really tell. Zlat for his free kick was £#%&!ing hilarious though, proper bought it, probably a foul the other way if anything

Not a £#%&!ing chance we'd have got either in the PL. Far worse been ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
A bit soft £#%&!ing hell, we'd have been fuming if that was given against us.
No doubt... but getting a bit used to it. Maybe due a few more soft uns?

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:10 AM
redhegemony

Herrera is starting to become a worry - even in a game like this he seems to lose the plot a bit..

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Roma are an excellent side and would give us more problems than Spurs imo
Spurs will bottle it if it even looks as if they have a chance of winning the tournament. Roma, Lyon could be tricky, Bilbao, would have thought Zenit but they look on their way out. Squads for Squads none of them should be beating Utd over 2 legs.

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:23 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They had about 7 in the first half
did they £#%&!

they had a few shots from outside the box and nearly got onto a dodgy back pass.

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Zorg

Quote:
No doubt... but getting a bit used to it. Maybe due a few more soft uns?
Interesting how referees react differently when not faced with the prospect of being endlessly lambasted and pictured in a United shirt. The shoe is on the other side of their faces now, or something.

Unread 17-02-2017, 11:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Herrera is starting to become a worry - even in a game like this he seems to lose the plot a bit..
We had nobody in the centre of the pitch the majority of the time. Herrera scatterguns about, Pogba wants to be a free spirit, £#%&! knows what Fellaini was doing and everyone else is intent on hugging the touchline/leaving space for Zlat.

Watching Mata get ragdolled about by even the slightest touch up close is £#%&!ing hilarious btw. honestly thought the high five with Rashers would see him on his arse again.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
His form has been on the slide for a while.He runs around a lot and loves a niggly foul so some on here think he's amazing

Did play better last night though tbf...

We need an upgrade on him in the summer if we're going to challenge for the league etc next season. Good squad option but not good enough to be a regular starter if we want to challenge.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:41 PM
dragflick

Quote:
We had nobody in the centre of the pitch the majority of the time. Herrera scatterguns about, Pogba wants to be a free spirit, £#%&! knows what Fellaini was doing and everyone else is intent on hugging the touchline/leaving space for Zlat.

Watching Mata get ragdolled about by even the slightest touch up close is £#%&!ing hilarious btw
. honestly thought the high five with Rashers would see him on his arse again.
Yeahh, couldn't stop laughing at that..........

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:45 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Watching Mata get ragdolled about by even the slightest touch up close is £#%&!ing hilarious btw. honestly thought the high five with Rashers would see him on his arse again.
That's one of the main reasons why I can never see Mata as a first choice player in a side looking to compete with the Bayern's and Real's of this world

He has too many limitations but probably his worst one is that he can't withstand any pressure what so ever

It's nothing to do with his size as David Silva in comparison is fantastic at shielding the ball so can hold onto it under a lot of pressure

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

hahahahaha yeah

Closed Thread