United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:14 AM
armchair

means we'll be able to play a second string in the return so that's like a double bonus

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:14 AM
suedeshoes

Worst hat-trick I've ever seen. 0-0 without em but

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:15 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
very good result, quite a flat game though.
3-0 flattered us tbh.

Looking forward to Blackburn much more.
Spot on.

Thought first half we were dreadful.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:17 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Spot on.

Thought first half we were dreadful.
They made us look average, tbh. Shades of Atletico Bilbao in this cup a few years ago - though of course not *quite* as devastating

Always likely to tire in the second half if we could see that out, though - and did.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Wtf?

Entertaining game

Not perfect

Football

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:39 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They made us look average, tbh. Shades of Atletico Bilbao in this cup a few years ago - though of course not *quite* as devastating

Always likely to tire in the second half if we could see that out, though - and did.
Yeah said it in the ground that they put everything into the 45 and would tire 2nd. They deserved to go in ahead, we were very poor.

Happy with the result though. I'd rest Pogba, Zlatan, Valencia, Ander etc Sunday and next week.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:43 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yeah said it in the ground that they put everything into the 45 and would tire 2nd. They deserved to go in ahead, we were very poor.

Happy with the result though. I'd rest Pogba, Zlatan, Valencia, Ander etc Sunday and next week.
Was about to say we shouldn't underestimate Blackburn but just checked the Championship table and they're a mess.

Good chance to rest those guys in the next couple of games.

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:56 AM
Sparky***

blimey like triplets

Unread 17-02-2017, 12:57 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
means we'll be able to play a second string in the return so that's like a double bonus
not so sure. they have a lot of pace and a feisty crowd. this could easily turn on its head if we don't take it seriously. not that I care, but we need to play dependable sorted heads to ensure no wobbles. could afford to drop ibra and fellaini, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
surprised the @#%&! on the right didn't put his mother face first on the floor.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:03 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not so sure. they have a lot of pace and a feisty crowd. this could easily turn on its head if we don't take it seriously. not that I care, but we need to play dependable sorted heads to ensure no wobbles. could afford to drop ibra and fellaini, though.

surprised the @#%&! on the right didn't put his mother face first on the floor.

Only just realised tonight how poor the line-up in this competition is. Spurs the only team to worry about. Got to stay in it.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:05 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

they were shit.

they stayed in the game because we weren't at it.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:05 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not so sure. they have a lot of pace and a feisty crowd. this could easily turn on its head if we don't take it seriously.
Exactly. Have we all forgotten how abysmal away from home we've been in Europe for the last 3 years.

We absolutely 100% need to make sure that we score over there.

Quote:

I don't think they made us look average. What I saw was a team who put in a superhuman amount of effort vs a team that wasn't quite at it.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
they were shit.

they stayed in the game because we weren't at it.
I liked their endeavour first half and their movement looked decent at times. But technically they weren't very good at all. I'd be surprised if they put away three chances without reply, even against a weakened United side. Not surprised that goals have been their big problem this season. 5th in France with a good defensive record but scored far fewer than those above them.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:10 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Someone needs to teach papa Pogba how to wear his headphones properly,
His brother's a big lad, ain't he? Never realised.

3-0 win in Europe. Herrera getting a rest for the return leg. Not spectacular but zero complaints.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I liked their endeavour first half and their movement looked decent at times. But technically they weren't very good at all. I'd be surprised if they put away three chances without reply, even against a weakened United side. Not surprised that goals have been their big problem this season. 5th in France with a good defensive record but scored far fewer than those above them.
the tie is over. hth.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Someone needs to teach papa Pogba how to wear his headphones properly,
His brother's a big lad, ain't he? Never realised.

3-0 win in Europe. Herrera getting a rest for the return leg. Not spectacular but zero complaints.
Papa? that's not his dad mate it's his other brother Mathias who plays for sparta rotterdam.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
the tie is over. hth.
I know, which is why I said I'd rest up in the second leg too

Just disagree that they were/are shit. Plenty of good aspects to what they do. Conned out of two goals by Zlat, tbf.

Quote:
Papa? that's not his dad mate it's his other brother Mathias who plays for sparta rotterdam.
ffs

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:25 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I know, which is why I said I'd rest up in the second leg too

Just disagree that they were/are shit. Plenty of good aspects to what they do. Conned out of two goals by Zlat, tbf.
i thought they were shit. remember them having 1 chance in the entire game. no idea if they are shit usually.

we were ordinary and could have had 3 goals and more besides - apart the 3 we got.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
i thought they were shit. remember them having 1 chance in the entire game. no idea if they are shit usually.

we were ordinary and could have had 3 goals and more besides - apart the 3 we got.

Unread 17-02-2017, 01:33 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
i don't know what that means tbh
Closed Thread