United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2014, 10:39 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default van Gaal Interview (Unlucky Jamie Jackson)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...d-a?CMP=twt_gu

"If you like to say that, then you have to write it down! I feel that [you] like to say that."

Unread 29-07-2014, 10:54 PM
red @rmy

Thumbs up

£#%&!ing hates jackson.

Unread 29-07-2014, 10:57 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
£#%&!ing hates jackson.
Sounds like it was a interview with all papers.

Hates Jackson though. £#%&!ing hates him.

Unread 29-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Switching Off

His question was: City fans would argue that they have knocked at the door, opened it, and closed it and now you have to knock at the door again and try to get back through it.

Belm.

Unread 29-07-2014, 10:58 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
I said “provoke” but Ryan [Giggs] said “entice”. But the players didn’t understand and said “provoke”.

Unread 29-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Ethers

I have learned the word “entice”. You are enticing me. I said “provoke” but Ryan [Giggs] said “entice”. But the players didn’t understand and said “provoke”.

Unread 29-07-2014, 11:01 PM
atticusgrinch

He's given Wacko Jacko a good slap there tbf.

Unread 29-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Aman27deep

The comments on the page. Without ever playing a game in England, the ABU are already shitting themselves

Unread 29-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
There is only one football country I wanted to see on the inside and that was England, because of the level and the atmosphere and that was why I announced in October, so that all of the English clubs knew. I had more offers than just from Manchester United. In October I announced it. I said it 10 minutes before the end at a press conference as coach of the Netherlands. They were very angry that I did it. They said it was unbelievable that I could say that before the World Cup, and I said that was bullshit because the pressure I put on myself is higher than the press ever can do.

Unread 29-07-2014, 11:04 PM
waynes ear's

City as a club getting a good slapping down

Unread 29-07-2014, 11:06 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He's given Wacko Jacko a good slap there tbf.
It wasn't a one on one, the Manc based journos were all there and are all reporting it as a Q and A so we don't know who asked what questions or who LVG was responding to. They're all passing it off as some kind of exclusive chat though.

Unread 29-07-2014, 11:08 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
It wasn't a one on one, the Manc based journos were all there and are all reporting it as a Q and A so we don't know who asked what questions or who LVG was responding to. They're all passing it off as some kind of exclusive chat though.
Jesus £#%&!ing H christ were they asking questions from behind a curtain as well the shithouses?

Unread 29-07-2014, 11:09 PM
75Red

"such a big club as Manchester City"
@#%&!
big club

Unread 29-07-2014, 11:11 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Jesus £#%&!ing H christ were they asking questions from behind a curtain as well the shithouses?
They had a United press officer there for their own safety as well

Unread 29-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I have learned the word “entice”. You are enticing me. I said “provoke” but Ryan [Giggs] said “entice”. But the players didn’t understand and said “provoke”.
Provocative pressing

Unread 30-07-2014, 12:18 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
"such a big club as Manchester City"
@#%&!
big club
Quote:
It is amazing, because they were not a big club and now they are already champions and they have also won the Cup in the last three years.

Unread 30-07-2014, 12:33 AM
est.1878

Thumbs up

We've already reached the stage where we can make up fully believable VG quotes much the same way the DFM ones were composed last year

Unread 30-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Tronics

Love the guy already!
Quote:
Interesting eh? Interesting. You’re all coaches now

Unread 30-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Sparky***

When his English gets to the point where he's just reeling it off fluently, he'll take reporters to pieces.

At the moment I think he's holding back from saying a lot because he's still filling in the small gaps he has in the language.

Unread 30-07-2014, 07:14 AM
djsst

United fans are very excited by the way you handled some of the Holland games in the World Cup. The change of formations, goalkeeper for a shootout etc?

Quote:
It is also a little bit of luck when you do that. But of course [you] are doing those things with arguments [for good reasons]. Already I give this press conference with a lot of arguments [reasons why], I hope you can understand that.
(Questioner laughs)

Quote:
You are laughing?
Closed Thread