United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:36 AM
wiganste

Default May 27th - this day can't come quick enough

I cannot £#%&!ing wait for this.

I remember at the start of the season when the question was asked - what you you prefer, the league or the European Cup?

I said league because of the 18 times shit but I also said I'm a greedy @#%&! and I want them both. Now we have the chance to do that, I'm £#%&!ing buzzing.

Fergie sounded confident last night and said we'll win it. That's good enough for me

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:37 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I cannot £#%&!ing wait for this.

I remember at the start of the season when the question was asked - what you you prefer, the league or the European Cup?

I said league because of the 18 times shit but I also said I'm a greedy @#%&! and I want them both. Now we have the chance to do that, I'm £#%&!ing buzzing.

Fergie sounded confident last night and said we'll win it. That's good enough for me
but what about Hull away ?

one game at a time

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:38 AM
carlosartorial

You sorted a ticket out yet, Ste?

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
but what about Hull away ?

one game at a time
one big awayday party that. still not sure how i feel about us potentially winning and saving the black and white shite in the process.

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:41 AM
elephantstone

I cant seem to concentrate on anything roll on Rome!

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:43 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I cant seem to concentrate on anything roll on Rome!
its an age thing. Was talking to No Fun about it and he just suddenly started talking about cherry scones.

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:45 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
its an age thing. Was talking to No Fun about it and he just suddenly started talking about cherry scones.

Thats because he is an old fruit

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Billy Baroo

nerves have already set in

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:50 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Going to be a good week. My birthday on the monday, setting off to Rome on Tues night and got the week off

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:52 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Going to be a good week. My birthday on the monday, setting off to Rome on Tues night and got the week off
have you done any t-shirts?

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:53 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
have you done any t-shirts?
I knew you were going to say that & no...

Unread 18-05-2009, 11:56 AM
carlosartorial

I'm relaxed and confident. Just going to enjoy the occasion and hope for the best.

Remember that Barca will be far more nervous than us. They have got quite an inferiority complex as regards the European Cup - ie consantly reminded of Madrids record and the fact they've reached three finals and lost.

Unread 18-05-2009, 12:26 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I'm relaxed and confident. Just going to enjoy the occasion and hope for the best.

Remember that Barca will be far more nervous than us. They have got quite an inferiority complex as regards the European Cup - ie consantly reminded of Madrids record and the fact they've reached three finals and lost.
my next door neighbour pulled me on Saturday and said we have an excellent record in european cup finals against teams begining with B.....I said it will come down to more that that

Unread 18-05-2009, 12:40 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
my next door neighbour pulled me on Saturday
Hope she was fit

Unread 18-05-2009, 12:41 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm relaxed and confident.
I wouldn't say I'm confident (I never am!), but definitely very relaxed about this final. Probably down to us having won it last season, so there's a little less pressure?

Buzzing for it though. I fly out next Monday and it cannot come around quick enough. Playing Barcelona in Rome - that's what a European Cup final should be like! I'd have been gutted if we'd had to play those cockney £#%&!ers again!

Still can't quite believe we're one game away from retaining the European Cup

Unread 18-05-2009, 12:43 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Hope she was fit
It's a bloke.motwyw

Unread 18-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Stickman

did Barca win the league at the weekend or will they be needing full strength this week again? I know they lost there match.

I have to echo the semi relaxed sentiments, last seasons win seemed far more 'essential'. This ones more of a bonus but still obviously huge as its the CL final an all

To retain would make us a truly great side in history.

18 + 4 potentially Still seemed a £#%&!ing mile away at the end of 06-07 when we were 16/2

Unread 18-05-2009, 12:59 PM
wiganste

Quote:
You sorted a ticket out yet, Ste?
Yes.

Unread 18-05-2009, 01:02 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
did Barca win the league at the weekend or will they be needing full strength this week again? I know they lost there match.
Real's defeat at Villareal on Saturday secured the title before Barca played on Sunday. Barca dropped loads of players against Mallorca.

Unread 18-05-2009, 01:02 PM
mark o

I was less confident this time last year, mainly just the fear of losing to an English club. If we play our A Game then Barca can not touch us.
Closed Thread