United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Awesome picture Fountz. Espanyol's new stadium is quite nice, but that's also on the outskirts of their traditional supporter base. Love a bit of stadium bantz

Most of the books mentioned are worth reading, especially 'Dynamo', which is an incredible story. I'll add:

like the look of the Ajax book.. I've had "Dynamo" recommended to me before and I concur that.. "the miracle of Castel di Sangro" is an excellent read.

As for stadia !! ..surprised there isn't a thread devoted to the subject. Think I'll start one.

In the meantime, here's Athletic Bilbao's home. San Mames. Delighted we're playing them there before they move to their new ground.

Unread 25-02-2012, 12:17 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforeric

Excellent read. its about west brom & their fans but when he describes emotions & certain theories they are damn near the same as when i go to see united
Chiles actually comes across fairly well in it, amazingly

Unread 25-02-2012, 09:16 AM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Most of the books mentioned are worth reading, especially 'Dynamo', which is an incredible story.
Is this the one about Colne and their chairman, Chalky White? I think he was called. Pardon my ignorance if it's not.**
Years ago, this was recommended to me and I tried all the usual suspects, well mainly the book shop off St. Anne's square (Amazon hadn't been invented yet) and I had forgotten all about this, think I'll have a moooch on t'web today*

*must update weekend plans

** t'would appear to be about Kiev...........does anyone know the title of the one about Colne, please?

Unread 25-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Stickman

Di Canio's book
Gazza's book
Closed Thread