United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:25 AM
windy waffles

Thumbs down We need to talk about Bailly

Was he actually injured, was he taken off as he was so bad or did he feign injury to cover up how he managed to create one or the worst defensive displays in recent memory in just 30 minutes?

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:27 AM
waynes ear's

no we dont

£#%&! him. straight in the bin

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:28 AM
dunk

Barely played this year, thrown in as the right side of a back 3 with Ashley Young all at sea in front of him. #@&%!bled by Verratti.

It's not looking good for the lad, spends more time injured than anything else, but can deffo play. Was brilliant at Arsenal, I think it was anyway.

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Mr_Ed

Squad player at best. Next.

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:30 AM
dunk

I'd just like to reiterate once again how £#%&!ing shite Ashley Young is. Improved slightly when changed to a back 4, but please, please just £#%&! off.

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:31 AM
My Name is Heath

Jesus - must we always look for a sacrificial lamb???

Thrown in cold, unfamiliar position. It didn't work out.

He has shown plenty of potential. If we can sort his injuries out - great.

For me - 4th choice CB so may have to go anyway.

Thor and Killmonger are best 2.

Jones and Rojo are probably slightly ahead of Bailly right now.

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Jesus - must we always look for a sacrificial lamb???

Thrown in cold, unfamiliar position. It didn't work out.

He has shown plenty of potential. If we can sort his injuries out - great.

For me - 4th choice CB so may have to go anyway.

Thor and Killmonger are best 2.

Jones and Rojo are probably slightly ahead of Bailly right now.
Exactly, so many posters are like with yo-yos with their opinions on players here. Herrera being the best example

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:37 AM
windy waffles

After the first half hour, thought Ashley Young was ok...

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:40 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd just like to reiterate once again how £#%&!ing shite Ashley Young is. Improved slightly when changed to a back 4, but please, please just £#%&! off.
Not even keep him as a squad player ?

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:41 AM
AK14

Quote:
We started with a back four

Bailey was at Rb with young (supposedly) rm

We changed to a back 5 (3) later on.

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We started with a back four

Bailey was at Rb with young (supposedly) rm

We changed to a back 5 (3) later on.
Nah, was more 3 CBs with Young and Shaw pushing on. That's why they kept getting in behind Young and a confused Bailly. Once Bailly went off, went more orthodox 4-4-2 with Dalot on the right. Dalot was excellent and helped Young out no end.

As we sat deeper as the 2nd half progressed, Young tucked in and Dalot played a little deeper. PSG were much less of a threat by then. Great game management and flexible tactics from Ole

Did DdG have a save to make btw? I remember 1 from Bernat first half, can't remember one second half.

Shit defence and joke defenders..

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:50 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Nah, was more 3 CBs with Young and Shaw pushing on. That's why they kept getting in behind Young and a confused Bailly. Once Bailly went off, went more orthodox 4-4-2 with Dalot on the right. Dalot was excellent and helped Young out no end.

As we sat deeper as the 2nd half progressed, Young tucked in and Dalot played a little deeper. PSG were much less of a threat by then. Great game management and flexible tactics from Ole

Did DdG have a save to make btw? I remember 1 from Bernat first half, can't remember one second half.

Shit defence and joke defenders..
Dunk is right. Was defo a back three with Young and Shaw.

Unread 07-03-2019, 10:50 AM
AK14

Quote:
Not how I saw it at all

We were 442 but bailey kept tucking in too much and Young was just all over the place. Andy P played on the left with The Scottish Player and Fred centre

Dalot came on and switched with young and then later we went to a five at the back with Dalot at wingback.

Anyway, I think bailey will be ok as squad player and he’s still young enough to improve. Injuries are a worry though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Dunk is right. Was defo a back three with Young and Shaw.
Nope.

Unread 07-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Right back and central midfielder are vital this summer.

Unread 07-03-2019, 11:03 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Not how I saw it at all

We were 442 but bailey kept tucking in too much and Young was just all over the place. Andy P played on the left with The Scottish Player and Fred centre

Dalot came on and switched with young and then later we went to a five at the back with Dalot at wingback.

Anyway, I think bailey will be ok as squad player and he’s still young enough to improve. Injuries are a worry though.

Nope.
You saw it wrong pal.

Unread 07-03-2019, 11:04 AM
AK14

Quote:
You saw it wrong pal.
Seems like I wasn’t the only one that saw it that way

Unread 07-03-2019, 11:08 AM
dunk

Quote:
Seems like I wasn’t the only one that saw it that way
Not seen anyone else say that tbh.

Even the commentators were referring to the back 3 and the wing backs attempting to stifle the PSG fulllbacks was clear as day pal.

Unread 07-03-2019, 11:11 AM
AK14

Quote:
Not seen anyone else say that tbh.

Even the commentators were referring to the back 3 and the wing backs attempting to stifle the PSG fulllbacks was clear as day pal.

It was 442, was mentioned just before kick off and during the game. Maybe start watching streams that know what they’re talking about

It’s ok, we'll agree to disagree.

Unread 07-03-2019, 11:13 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
l:

The weasel faced arse blazed one straight at him iirc.

Unread 07-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Cream

I thought Young was in midfield at one point. It was an absolute £#%&!fest.

Bailly - I just don;t know. Questionable on so many fronts but a beast on his day.
Closed Thread