United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
What were people expecting ffs?

He's not suddenly gonna start freezing out players we don't like and throwing 18 year olds in.

What's more important is HOW we play.

That team has plenty in it if it's given the license to express itself.

Pogba back. Martial back. Shaw back. Rashford through the middle.
Yeah already said everybody gets their chance. Even Jones can't ruin a game v Cardiff. Hopefully.

Unread 22-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Chelsea score makes this more interesting, and it was already the most exciting Utd game in months.

Arsnal and Chelsea are both capable of going through very poor runs of form that could bring Utd right back in.
it's not happening mate.

We'd need to win 7-8 games on the trot.

Unread 22-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
it's not happening mate.

We'd need to win 7-8 games on the trot.
Unlikely I admit, but look at the run that Arsenal have been on with a rather mediocre team, a couple of wins, a bit of confidence and you can string together results in this league. So many poor teams that a little attacking conviction can blow away. Optimism feels good for a change.

Also in part because I don't think either of Arsenal or Chelsea are particularly good teams.

Unread 22-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Unlikely I admit, but look at the run that Arsenal have been on with a rather mediocre team, a couple of wins, a bit of confidence and you can string together results in this league. So many poor teams that a little attacking conviction can blow away. Optimism feels good for a change.

Also in part because I don't think either of Arsenal or Chelsea are particularly good teams.
well we've been away to city, liverpool and chelsea so who knows.

Unread 22-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Agreed.... but hard to see past anything other than how we look today.

If we look all over the place and lose 2-0, we're as far away as we've ever been.

Important to not get caught up in the giddiness of this week. We've all been so £#%&!ing depressed that we're in danger of exaggerating any sort of positive change .

Unread 22-12-2018, 05:57 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
well we've been away to city, liverpool and chelsea so who knows.
steady on Sparkles, that may be construed as positive.

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
lets just get above watford and see what happens

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
lets just get above watford
A contender for the "things we thought we would never hear" award

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Tibs' lack of Soty was already a scandal but he's just turned Sparky into believing anything is possible

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:09 PM
dunk

Quote:

Aubamayang is the reason for their run. Not sure we have anyone capable of providing that sort of catalyst for us..

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tibs' lack of Soty was already a scandal but he's just turned Sparky into believing anything is possible
Not from me.

Tiberian and ZiggyStardust saged the £#%&! out of United under Mourinho

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Aubamayang is the reason for their run. Not sure we have anyone capable of providing that sort of catalyst for us..
Really?

He's a good player, but he's no world beater. They just supply him well and play nice stuff.

We are capable of so much more.

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:12 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Drexl

If a goal/player/min thread pops up, could somebody please put me down for: Pogba 1?

Ta

dunk

Quote:
Really?

He's a good player, but he's no world beater. They just supply him well and play nice stuff.

Isn’t he top scorer? Pretty important that tbh.

Lok

Ole will get found out in the big games but a positive attitude should see us steamroll over 90% of the dross in this league.

Probably not good enough to get 4th.

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Buck

Quote:
Really?

I actually don't think they play that differently from Wenger's last year. Their 22 game run had so much luck in it - quite a few games they should have lost but Emery's signings have worked well for the time being.

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Forgot about big Phil tbf..

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Forgot about big Phil tbf..
Our new manager clearly hasn't.

Unread 22-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I actually don't think they play that differently from Wenger's last year. Their 22 game run had so much luck in it - quite a few games they should have lost but Emery's signings have worked well for the time being.
Yeah, that run was flattering and it's kind of levelled out a bit.

They'll finish 4th or 5th next to Chelsea.

Liverpool, City, Spurs. In that order.