United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-11-2021, 09:12 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Utterly baffling. At first I thought ole was doing a Fergie - no pressure on the lad, ease him in, use him sparingly.
Some on here thought the same. Then when it never changed, the narrative switched to "well he's not proven himself anyway" .

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Tbf his sole contribution so far has been playing alright in. 4-1 defeat. Probably needs to do a bit more to convince people he’s worthy of a start.
Sure. Just like Fred or The Scottish Player.

Unread 23-11-2021, 09:18 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Tbf his sole contribution so far has been playing alright in. 4-1 defeat. Probably needs to do a bit more to convince people he’s worthy of a start.
thought he played quite neat in the 3-1 fa cup defeat to leicester last season and did well before being subbed off in the collapse away at young boys.

he could be the real deal.

Unread 23-11-2021, 09:28 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
No one’s saying he’s proved himself. But it’s impossible to do so in the circumstances he was given. And the others who played in his place proved themselves to be obviously not good enough, every £#%&!ing match.

Ole needed to try different combinations in midfield - fact.

Unread 23-11-2021, 09:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
He's also scored 2 league goals despite only starting 4 games. Few can say that

Unread 23-11-2021, 08:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Utterly baffling. At first I thought ole was doing a Fergie - no pressure on the lad, ease him in, use him sparingly.

But it quickly became obvious that ole was bat shit mental about him. Was genuinely the first obvious sign to me that ole wasn’t the right man. And not only that, was a bit £#%&!ing tapped. I’ve seen people deal with dog shit on their shoes with more respect than ole did with the beek. Weird as £#%&!.
Tbf that probably is how it started IMO. But somewhere along the line.......something happened.

Unread 23-11-2021, 08:49 PM
Lok

A bit shit tonight. Needs to take his chances

Unread 23-11-2021, 08:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
2nd start of the season

Deserved a start after Watford, he'll be starting week in week out under the new guy.

Looked leggy as £#%&! tonight ..

Unread 23-11-2021, 08:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Think the whole team tactics were a bit shit first half. The plan was to defend. Full backs were pushed forward after 60th min. Still think if we are playing 4231 he has to take one of the number 6 positions because mcfred are both shit with and without the ball. We need one player who can play in the Center

Unread 23-11-2021, 08:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Not the best, but still some nice touches and quick play with Sancho, especially.

Would still like to see him next to Fred.

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:29 AM
Whalefish

I don't think he stunk the place out tonight, did alright and did what was asked of him.

He's not a #10 for me needs to play a bit deeper. Ideally alongside a proper #6 or some mad bastard like Brozovic or Kante who do the job of two midfielders and lets the others crack on.

Can anyone remember where he played for Ajax? I f***ing can't. Poch rates him (and De Jong).

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:32 AM
History

If we got a proper holding midfielder, no reason he couldn't play alongside Bruno.

We might possibly keep the ball for longer than 3 passes.

Tonight's performance was very Meh, but can hardly expect anything else considering the circumstances and the need for the result

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:34 AM
Whalefish

Could easily play him and Fernandes with someone like Rice sitting in front of the defence. I know that's unlikely (signing Rice).

Given freebies next Summer, Brozovic will do and then get Kessie to replace Pogba.

Matic needs to go too. My mum is more mobile and she's in a chair.

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:36 AM
20LEgend1999

He's always (albeit in a small sample size) seemed to be less involved when playing higher up, despite it apparently being his favoured position. Just based on Saturday and tonight, he looked miles better further back.

I think we'll always struggle to get him involved if he's playing in front of Fred and The Scottish Player, where as alongside one of them he'll help bring others into play.

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:38 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
He's always (albeit in a small sample size) seemed to be less involved when playing higher up, despite it apparently being his favoured position. Just based on Saturday and tonight, he looked miles better further back.

I think we'll always struggle to get him involved if he's playing in front of Fred and The Scottish Player, where as alongside one of them he'll help bring others into play.
Yep.

Unread 24-11-2021, 12:50 AM
Bunker Buster

All good points at times today he was playing upfront with Ronaldo, no idea how....

Think with mcfred behind him he got a little lost at times, was much better v Watford as he dictated play from deep ..

Of course he got very leggy by 60 minutes and the sub turned out well....

Free, free at last....

Unread 24-11-2021, 01:41 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Matic needs to go too. My mum is more mobile and she's in a chair.
I was just thinking how nice it was that you've popped in.

then this.

Unread 24-11-2021, 06:18 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I was just thinking how nice it was that you've popped in.

then this.

I’m also part of the Matic fan club but I think that’s partly because his best is much better than McFreds.

Unread 24-11-2021, 08:26 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

I’m also part of the Matic fan club but I think that’s partly because his best is much better than McFreds.
Was good last night, Freddie

Without him 2x goals wouldn’t have happened

Just saying…

Unread 24-11-2021, 08:35 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Was good last night, Freddie

Without him 2x goals wouldn’t have happened

Just saying…
the sun shines on a dogs arse sometimes.

Unread 26-11-2021, 12:13 AM
Zorg

Wonder if she’ll take after gramps?