United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-01-2021, 07:12 PM
Vida_15

he could easily play on the right as he did against us yesterday....he'd be fantastic for us and what a group of attacking talent we'd have with him, rashford, bruno, greenwood and martial...include cavani probably for another year as well

Unread 02-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Neo

Football

He's certainly proving me wrong by growing into a top Premier League player with end product now, despite him still being an utter liability off the pitch.

Don't think he's what we need though. He's another player who likes to cut inside and influence the game centrally, whereas we really need a wide player who can stay wide, stretch the opposition and beat a man.

He'd cost the same amount as Sancho, and Sancho is more in line what we need IMO.

Unread 02-01-2021, 07:47 PM
Chavez

Aside from his obvious ability, the lad has "swagger". There must be Mancunian blood in him.

I wasn't sure about him when we were linked last year; but like others have said I have changed my mind.

The Scottish Player never really got close to him last night and being man marked at OT is a huge compliment in itself. The kid finds space, carries the football with great balance and looks to make something happen whenever he is in possession. I would definitely bid in the summer when Pogba leaves.

Unread 02-01-2021, 09:10 PM
Vida_15

he created 3 or 4 really good chances against us when on the left wing and on the right wing...we've been begging for guys who have the 1v1 ability and this guy has it

he's young, he's english and both of those fit what Ole is wanting. This won't be a possibility until the summer though as Villa are right near the top so they'll want to keep him.

Unread 02-01-2021, 09:48 PM
Tronics

He's a worldie, puts in 7/10+ performances for Villa week in week out as a club captain and never disappoints!

Has a touch of the Gazza about him too (loves birds and getting yakked up ) so he'd fit in perfectly at United

Unread 02-01-2021, 09:49 PM
armchair

He'll need to wear full sized socks and shin pads if he wants to come to United.

Unread 03-01-2021, 04:51 AM
shenwen

Did he even misplace a pass against us?

On the record on this thread as saying he'd be a good squad buy. I was clearly wrong. Done amazing with Villa this season. Put him in a better team will be hammering the assists. Would prefer if that was us. Play him where Pogba has been playing recently. Him and Bruno would be ridiculous.

Unread 03-01-2021, 06:36 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

On the record on this thread as saying he'd be a good squad buy. I was clearly wrong. Done amazing with Villa this season. Put him in a better team will be hammering the assists. Would prefer if that was us. Play him where Pogba has been playing recently. Him and Bruno would be ridiculous.
he did first half we should have scored

Unread 03-01-2021, 09:34 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Agreed. Fantastic player and he's perfect for United. That deal should be getting sorted now. Whatever we get for Pogba just plough it into the Grealish deal. No brainer.

You can just tell he's dying to be at a club like United because HE knows that's where he belongs. In fact I'd say he's probaly now only running in 2nd or 3rd gear. His potential is massive.

Unread 03-01-2021, 11:15 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
Agreed. Fantastic player and he's perfect for United. That deal should be getting sorted now. Whatever we get for Pogba just plough it into the Grealish deal. No brainer.

You can just tell he's dying to be at a club like United because HE knows that's where he belongs. In fact I'd say he's probaly now only running in 2nd or 3rd gear. His potential is massive.
This.

Liked him ever since he got hit by a fan then scored the winner.

He has character...something that United should pride themselves on.

Get him signed. Straight swap for Pogba.

Unread 03-01-2021, 12:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Seems to have added some bite to his bark this season. Always been nice on the ball, but most time I’ve seen him he just seems to hold onto the ball and then do nothing with it. Now, he just seems to have more end product and he’s hellishly difficult to dispossess. It’s hard to see a place for him in the current set up, but if Pogba leaves, then he fits the bill.

He’s certainly winning me over. I’m sure he’ll be delighted about that.

Unread 06-06-2021, 10:25 PM
Sparky***

Unread 06-06-2021, 10:47 PM
Pop

Utd isn't much of a draw to his generation of player, no different to signing for Liverpool of twenty years ago.

Unread 06-06-2021, 10:48 PM
ScarFace

We wanted him last summer and could have got him but out @#%&! owners said no. Got the half price Donny OnDa Bench.

Unread 06-06-2021, 10:58 PM
MUFC One Love

He was made for United. Instead we will now piss about with Pogba for his final year with him and his shit agent moaning and he will go for nowt.

Then we need to replace him next season after him and his agent have derailed us.

Unread 06-06-2021, 10:59 PM
20LEgend1999

Would be disappointing if such a big United fan as Jack joins City.

Unread 06-06-2021, 11:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Huge worry with his shin splints for me....

Unread 06-06-2021, 11:39 PM
Sparky***

would be gutted if he joined city, he's made for United.

Unread 07-06-2021, 01:49 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Huge worry with his shin splints for me....
Horrible to suffer from, ruined my chance at a career in my YTS days. It never fully goes away either, it'll be something to manage for the rest of his career

Unread 07-06-2021, 09:00 AM
Vedder

Wonder where Sterling is going
Closed Thread