United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

If he is still a lb and the switch to LW wasn’t permanent then I can see why we’re interested. Probably means that Young and Dalot will be our right backs for the season though, as I can’t see is signing two full backs along with all the other positions that need upgrading?

If we’re looking for a promising home grown left back as competition for Shaw then I’ve just seen that Bournemouth have bid 13m for Bristol’s Lloyd Kelly who looks a promising players with loads of potential.
I'm not sure whether Sessegnon has the X factor to play that far up the pitch at the very top level, whereas he could probably make a very good left back. Still a kid tho I suppose.

Unread 18-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Sparky***

Didn't realise he was still only 19. He seems like he's been around ages.

Unread 18-05-2019, 04:14 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Didn't realise he was still only 19. He seems like he's been around ages.
The Sessegnons are like the Dembeles, loads of the £#%&!ers

Unread 18-05-2019, 06:13 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
The Sessegnons are like the Dembeles, loads of the £#%&!ers
The Sullers of footy players.

Unread 18-05-2019, 06:21 PM
messhead

Quote:
Yep

If he is still a lb and the switch to LW wasn’t permanent then I can see why we’re interested. Probably means that Young and Dalot will be our right backs for the season though, as I can’t see is signing two full backs along with all the other positions that need upgrading?

If we’re looking for a promising home grown left back as competition for Shaw then I’ve just seen that Bournemouth have bid 13m for Bristol’s Lloyd Kelly who looks a promising players with loads of potential.
What about that Aarons kid for Norwich? Think we've mentioned him before but couldn't be commanding too high a fee. Mind you, Woodward flashing the cash means every club will be trying to fleece us

Unread 18-05-2019, 06:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
What about that Aarons kid for Norwich? Think we've mentioned him before but couldn't be commanding too high a fee. Mind you, Woodward flashing the cash means every club will be trying to fleece us
I think he’s a right back? but that’s the type of player we should be all over. Their centre back Godfrey too looks very promising.

Unread 18-05-2019, 06:29 PM
messhead

Quote:
I think he’s a right back? but that’s the type of player we should be all over. Their centre back Godfrey too looks very promising.
Yeah a right back and totally agree, I think we should be looking at both types of fullback, we are so threadbare there it's embarrassing. Realised it a second ago posting in the other thread but I think our only actual out and out winger is Sanchez martial and Rashford both started as forwards, Lingard and Mata were attacking cms no? Oh there's young who's playing as a right back. Ffs what has happened to us

Unread 18-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by IpswichRED
I don’t get it a young unproven LB ,Luke Shaw won our player of the season so surely he’s gonna be first choice next season, Ryan has t really done it in the league this year, so surely better to promote our own youth instead of constantly buying other teams unproven ones
Our youth is largely shite. The club don’t really compete at that level since the Abu Dhabi takeover. We’re left competing for scraps.

We need some left back competition/cover for shaw. We need it in every position really - either first choice or competition.

We’ve been linked with quite a lot I players already this summer. Seems to be one or two new links every day. Most of them will be %@#$&!s, if not all.

Unread 18-05-2019, 06:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Yeah a right back and totally agree, I think we should be looking at both types of fullback, we are so threadbare there it's embarrassing. Realised it a second ago posting in the other thread but I think our only actual out and out winger is Sanchez martial and Rashford both started as forwards, Lingard and Mata were attacking cms no? Oh there's young who's playing as a right back. Ffs what has happened to us
That Laird in the reserves is apparently good so perhaps they don’t want to block his path? I’m not sure, but we should be all over the promising younger players around the lower leagues just like Spurs and Liverpool have recently.

Unread 18-05-2019, 07:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We’ve been linked with quite a lot I players already this summer. Seems to be one or two new links every day. Most of them will be %@#$&!s, if not all.
That at least isn't any different from when we were actually good
Closed Thread