United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 17-05-2019, 11:45 AM
messhead

Me and my brothers have found a way round this pesky women having their own rights business.

Unread 17-05-2019, 01:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Adding the exception for rape and incest could negate the argument that the baby in the womb is a person, she argued.

“The biggest thing to attack it with is to say, ‘What, you’re not going to include rape and incest?’” Collins said. “Well, how do we say, ‘The baby inside is a person unless they’re conceived in rape or incest’? If that amendment was to get on the bill, then I’ll kill the bill because it won’t go to the Supreme Court. It will contradict itself.
you don't have to exclude the concept of the baby as a person. you could just have competing rights (the mother's right to her mental health, for example). if a kind "mother" decided that, although she had been raped, she did not blame the child and wanted to keep it.... then, if she were killed by a drunk driver, you could still have a double homicide. because the baby would still be a person. if her own health or mental health were at risk, because the concept of carrying a rapist's baby was too awful, the baby could still be a person, but that shouldn't drive her to suicide (murder/suicide, obvs).

not saying that's how I'd frame it, but still....

if the mother shot her rapist to prevent her rape, she wouldn't have to show he wasn't a person to get off a murder charge.

Unread 17-05-2019, 02:00 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I might have a bit more sympathy with the so called 'moral' objections if the very people who do all the shouting about it were not so quick to support going around killing fully formed people, including children, at the drop of hat

Come back when you've stopped supporting killing people and we migth discuss it, otherwise just fuck off. Womans right to choose

Unread 27-06-2019, 10:46 AM
rubbernecker

Woman who lost unborn child after being shot in stomach charged with manslaughter in Alabama

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8976946.html

Another great story courtesy of the American Taliban

Unread 27-06-2019, 06:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Woman who lost unborn child after being shot in stomach charged with manslaughter in Alabama

But you're talking about the lEAdEr oF tHE fREe wORlD, pal.

Unread 27-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Fucking hell

Something about not having a very good pr team...

Unread 27-06-2019, 07:18 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:

Only the woman was the aggressor and was shot legally out of self defence. Her aggressive and criminal actions led to the death of her unborn child. Right or wrong you offer no context to the story to suit your own agenda, not the first time I've seen you do this and I doubt it will be the last.

Unread 28-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Only the woman was the aggressor and was shot legally out of self defence. Her aggressive and criminal actions led to the death of her unborn child. Right or wrong you offer no context to the story to suit your own agenda, not the first time I've seen you do this and I doubt it will be the last.
This incident has many parallels with the Lee Pomeroy case. Pomeroy got stabbed because he was "aggressive" towards another passenger. Most Fredsters agree that Pomeroy was stupid to provoke his attacker, but nevertheless condemn the murderer. I looked for your contribution in that thread to see if it matched you view here... alas your only contribution was

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Shut up you dickhead.
As I can't really judge your opinion from that, could you perhaps tell us, in your opinion, if Lee Pomeroy's murder was justified or not ?

Unread 28-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
This incident has many parallels with the Lee Pomeroy case. Pomeroy got stabbed because he was "aggressive" towards another passenger. Most Fredsters agree that Pomeroy was stupid to provoke his attacker, but nevertheless condemn the murderer. I looked for your contribution in that thread to see if it matched you view here... alas your only contribution was

As I can't really judge your opinion from that, could you perhaps tell us, in your opinion, if Lee Pomeroy's murder was justified or not ?
jesus mate don't feed the troll. he's proper trash.

Unread 28-06-2019, 10:02 AM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
jesus mate don't feed the troll. he's proper trash.
Trash

You utter moron.