United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Tough one because for all it feels he probably isn't up to it, the circumstances aren't easy at the moment. When you trim the attack down to a few young players it's already a risk. When they all get injured (Rashford clearly wasn't right from the start) and you lose Pogba it's a harsh card to be dealt.

No point being overly negative from our point of view right now. Ole should stay in all season; need to try and stick together.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tough one because for all it feels he probably isn't up to it, the circumstances aren't easy at the moment. When you trim the attack down to a few young players it's already a risk. When they all get injured (Rashford clearly wasn't right from the start) and you lose Pogba it's a harsh card to be dealt.

No point being overly negative from our point of view right now. Ole should stay in all season; need to try and stick together.
We don’t know if he’s up for it or not. Klopp finished something like 8th in his first season; Guardiola, 4th. Were they not up for it? How many managers do these players have to underperform for before we start to put 2 and 2 together?

Keane was right; bluffers.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:04 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Agree we should wait until the end of the season (or when our season ends) to make decision on whether Ole really is up to it however if this form since PSG away continues then something will happen even if it’s Ole who falls on his sword

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s not even about backing him in particular, the board have to back themselves. They made a decision, and I’m sure they talked about years, not months. Even if he only gets 3/4 per window, I think he’s shown enough in his selection to be encouraged by the possibility of 8 or 9 of his players in one team and the bluffers jettisoned.
Agreed.

The transfers suggest a change of approach, but there needs to be a change of approach towards managers.

We cant simply react and throw it all out again at the first sign of trouble.

We haven't shown full faith in a manager or had any discernable plan since Fergie left.

If Ole is the plan. If having kids is the plan. If having ex players on staff is the plan then do it.

But we have to accept the transition. We have to take this shit on the chin and give him a proper chance.

It's not even a case that he deserves it, we just cant keep chopping and changing. It's killing us..

We'll get better

Very very very slowly

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:13 PM
utd99

I hope and pray that he is starting to realize that these players will not keep him in a job more than two years; they’re just not £#%&!ing good enough. I’m so tired of Rashford not scoring, Lingard and Periera not doing anything, Mata and Matic lumbering about, Young booting the ball 40 yards further than he should and Pogba picking and choosing his games.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:16 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Agreed.

The transfers suggest a change of approach, but there needs to be a change of approach towards managers.

We haven't shown full faith in a manager or had any discernable plan since Fergie left.

If Ole is the plan. If having kids is the plan. If having ex players on staff is the plan then do it.

But we have to accept the transition. We have to take this shit on the chin and give him a proper chance.

It's not even a case that he deserves it, we just cant keep chopping and changing. It's killing us..

We'll get better

Very very very slowly
There's no plan. That much is clear.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Agreed.

We'll get better

Very very very slowly
He may not work out; we have to be honest about this, but we have to know, and you cannot possibly know right now. My feeling is that he should be getting a better game out of them than this - and that’s on him - but it’s entirely possible that no-one could get a game out of them; especially if they feel that they’ll outlast any manager we bring in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
There’s a plan. Whether they can follow it is another matter entirely. It can’t keep being about managers; we’ve had every stripe since Fergie.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
He may not work out; we have to be honest about this, but we have to know, and you cannot possibly know right now. My feeling is that he should be getting a better game out of them than this - and that’s on him - but it’s entirely possible that no-one could get a game out of them; especially if they feel that they’ll outlast any manager we bring in.
Julian Clary could be a great football manager. Maybe the best ever.

No one will possibly know right now. Do we have to know?

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

There’s a plan. Whether they can follow it is another matter entirely. It can’t keep being about managers; we’ve had every stripe since Fergie.
Agree on both points.

If we sack him now or even close to now, we haven't tried.

We cant just keep repeating the same patterns.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:26 PM
AK14

Quote:

Joking aside I still think he would have made a better sporting director here. I have serious doubts about his management abilities tbh, but would love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong.

I agree there’s no point in even contemplating sacking him and what ever happens this season he needs another summer window, but I think the owners will buckle when we’re no where near 4th and out of the Europa and around we go again.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:26 PM
utd99

Quote:

As far as I’m aware we didn’t give Clary the job with a mandate. You can’t keep making big decisions then second guessing yourself the minute it goes a bit pear shaped. Woodward’s presided over three of these situations already and he’s only been in the job six years. it can’t keep being the manager.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:33 PM
d_knight

#glazersout
#woodwardout
#saveole

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:06 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I hope and pray that he is starting to realize that these players will not keep him in a job more than two years;
I’d say he realised that a lot earlier than any of us think. Given he’s a united fan and would have been following us closely, he probably came into the job already knowing who needed shifting. Especially as he had friends on the inside of united this past 6 years who would have told him the score.

Who would have predicted that ole would have dumped smalling when he did? He just can’t do what guardiola could and make wholesale changes very quickly, especially as it’s so difficult to get rid of players.

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I’d say he realised that a lot earlier than any of us think. Given he’s a united fan and would have been following us closely, he probably came into the job already knowing who needed shifting. Especially as he had friends on the inside of united this past 6 years who would have told him the score. Who would have predicted that ole would have dumped smalling when he did? He just can’t do what guardiola could and make wholesale changes very quickly.
You can only hope.

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
There wasn’t but there’s signs that has changed. The club were making noises about rebuilding the club culture and such, and our actions since ole has taken over have been congruent with those noises. Of course, there’s financial limitations and Woodward’s incompetence that will make that plan difficult to carry out, but it’s fair to say there is a change of strategy.

No question the change was motivated by how much money they’ve thrown down the toilet on transfers this past 6 years with hardly any players holding or increasing their value. Even woodward could see that’s a bad strategy for a club which is all about the bottom line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Joking aside I still think he would have made a better sporting director here. I have serious doubts about his management abilities tbh, but would love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong.
You doubt his management abilities despite having 10 years experience yet think he’d have been better at a job he’s never done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
#glazersout
#woodwardout
#saveole
Thing is if new owners come in the first thing they’ll do is get a big name manager and start chucking money at it, going back to the same type of shit woodward’s been doing prior to appointing ole.

Those new owners will be the Saudis and I think that will be the final nail for me.

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:55 PM
Brucie

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...cruel-20147182

£#%&! right off

Unread 23-09-2019, 05:16 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
MINGING cockney £#%&!ing @#%&!s....

That accent

The effeminate tone.....should have swung for them. Absolute state of football now via the internet...

Unread 23-09-2019, 07:10 AM
Sparky***

He's toast, i'm afraid.

Woodward will do what he usually does.

Unread 23-09-2019, 07:21 AM
Lok

I love the fact he's giving the kids a go. I love the fact that Fellaini, Sanchez and Lukaku have been sacked off. I know that the likes of Matic, Jones etc... will follow soon and that is a big step in the right direction.

I love the signings. James is such an exciting player, Maguire is what we've been crying out for and Bissaka looks gold.

I like what he's trying to do. But I fear he just can't do it. Transition or not, the results are pathetic. 5 wins in something like 20 games since PSG. It's a difficult situation to operate in but he will be toast if this continues for another couple of months. Even if he is capable, it'd take him another 3 seasons to do what he wants to do and there's no chance the club will give him that sort of time unless we fluke a couple of cups.

Unread 23-09-2019, 07:35 AM
puressence

i fear the worst .. wouldnt be surpised if hes gone before the international break . its not all down to him hardly any of it , but they have to be starting games better and theat comes from the dressing room , the warm up , theres no excuses for that .

players getting muscle injuries sounds alot like kloops first year or so , whenthey continually got these as he was trying to get his team fit , how jose can sit there straight faced and talk like he does is beyond belief .

whos available ? allegri ?
Closed Thread