United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 10:37 AM
AK14
 
Default

Apparently City have made a bid.
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Apparently City have made a bid.
Let me guess, 60m?

whereas we were being told to pay, what was it, 90 odd?
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Lok
 
Default

It could be Napoli trying to force our hand because it looks like we've moved on to other targets.

There's no way we're paying the 90m release clause, certainly not in one go.

60-70m is more realistic.
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Jethro
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Apparently City have made a bid.
I honestly think he'd be a disaster in the PL.
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It could be Napoli trying to force our hand because it looks like we've moved on to other targets.

There's no way we're paying the 90m release clause, certainly not in one go.

60-70m is more realistic.
Why not?

Van Dyke cost Liverpool 75 million 18 months ago. If that's what a 'world class' centre backs costs, then it is what it is.

Just pay the fucking fee and get it done.
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Lok
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I honestly think he'd be a disaster in the PL.
I don't watch Serie A a lot but he does seem a bit rash. Could be a very expensive Bailly.
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 11:24 AM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I don't watch Serie A a lot but he does seem a bit rash. Could be a very expensive Bailly.
Whenever I've seen him he seems to follow the ball. Awesome 1v1, but dragged all over the show and not the best organiser.
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Lok
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Why not?

Van Dyke cost Liverpool 75 million 18 months ago. If that's what a 'world class' centre backs costs, then it is what it is.

Just pay the fucking fee and get it done.
Liverpool were buying him from the Premier League which added a premium. Plus they fucked Southampton about so much they had to pay a lot more. He nearly went for 50m not long earlier.

90m for Koulibaly is a risk the club wont take. They paid it for Pogba because he is marketable. There's no way they'll pay that for a centre back that the casual fan has never heard of.
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Liverpool were buying him from the Premier League which added a premium. Plus they fucked Southampton about so much they had to pay a lot more. He nearly went for 50m not long earlier.

90m for Koulibaly is a risk the club wont take. They paid it for Pogba because he is marketable. There's no way they'll pay that for a centre back that the casual fan has never heard of.
This is 100% the reason.

I'm not saying it's right to splash 90mil on a centre back, nor do I think Koulibaly is worth the money and I think there must be better options out there. But if he, or anyone else, is the best option who is available to us, and that's what they cost, then we just need to pay the fee and get it done.

It's like we're going round a car-boot sale looking at the nicest things people have to offer, offering them half of what price tag says, and then getting told to go fuck ourselves. It won't be long until everyone has packed up and fucked off, and we end up paying the same amount anyway on something shitter.
 
Unread 19-06-2019, 11:45 AM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This is 100% the reason.

I'm not saying it's right to splash 90mil on a centre back, nor do I think Koulibaly is worth the money and I think there must be better options out there. But if he, or anyone else, is the best option who is available to us, and that's what they cost, then we just need to pay the fee and get it done.

It's like we're going round a car-boot sale looking at the nicest things people have to offer, offering them half of what price tag says, and then getting told to go fuck ourselves. It won't be long until everyone has packed up and fucked off, and we end up paying the same amount anyway on something shitter.
Or going home and sticking with our existing VHS copies of Jaws 4 and Flight of the Navigator for another year.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Kalidou Koulibaly .....
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Napoli 'place £104.7m price tag on centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly' fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 18-05-2018 08:20 AM
Manchester United and Bayern Munich check on Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 23-03-2016 10:00 AM
Manchester United eye up French defenders Kalidou Koulibaly and Kurt Zouma fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 04-10-2013 01:40 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:21 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2019 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.