AK14

Apparently City have made a bid.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Let me guess, 60m?

whereas we were being told to pay, what was it, 90 odd?

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Lok

It could be Napoli trying to force our hand because it looks like we've moved on to other targets.

There's no way we're paying the 90m release clause, certainly not in one go.

60-70m is more realistic.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I honestly think he'd be a disaster in the PL.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It could be Napoli trying to force our hand because it looks like we've moved on to other targets.

There's no way we're paying the 90m release clause, certainly not in one go.

60-70m is more realistic.
Why not?

Van Dyke cost Liverpool 75 million 18 months ago. If that's what a 'world class' centre backs costs, then it is what it is.

Just pay the fucking fee and get it done.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I honestly think he'd be a disaster in the PL.
I don't watch Serie A a lot but he does seem a bit rash. Could be a very expensive Bailly.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I don't watch Serie A a lot but he does seem a bit rash. Could be a very expensive Bailly.
Whenever I've seen him he seems to follow the ball. Awesome 1v1, but dragged all over the show and not the best organiser.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Why not?

Van Dyke cost Liverpool 75 million 18 months ago. If that's what a 'world class' centre backs costs, then it is what it is.

Just pay the fucking fee and get it done.
Liverpool were buying him from the Premier League which added a premium. Plus they fucked Southampton about so much they had to pay a lot more. He nearly went for 50m not long earlier.

90m for Koulibaly is a risk the club wont take. They paid it for Pogba because he is marketable. There's no way they'll pay that for a centre back that the casual fan has never heard of.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Liverpool were buying him from the Premier League which added a premium. Plus they fucked Southampton about so much they had to pay a lot more. He nearly went for 50m not long earlier.

90m for Koulibaly is a risk the club wont take. They paid it for Pogba because he is marketable. There's no way they'll pay that for a centre back that the casual fan has never heard of.
This is 100% the reason.

I'm not saying it's right to splash 90mil on a centre back, nor do I think Koulibaly is worth the money and I think there must be better options out there. But if he, or anyone else, is the best option who is available to us, and that's what they cost, then we just need to pay the fee and get it done.

It's like we're going round a car-boot sale looking at the nicest things people have to offer, offering them half of what price tag says, and then getting told to go fuck ourselves. It won't be long until everyone has packed up and fucked off, and we end up paying the same amount anyway on something shitter.

Unread 19-06-2019, 11:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This is 100% the reason.

I'm not saying it's right to splash 90mil on a centre back, nor do I think Koulibaly is worth the money and I think there must be better options out there. But if he, or anyone else, is the best option who is available to us, and that's what they cost, then we just need to pay the fee and get it done.

It's like we're going round a car-boot sale looking at the nicest things people have to offer, offering them half of what price tag says, and then getting told to go fuck ourselves. It won't be long until everyone has packed up and fucked off, and we end up paying the same amount anyway on something shitter.
Or going home and sticking with our existing VHS copies of Jaws 4 and Flight of the Navigator for another year.