United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 21-05-2019, 11:26 PM
utd99
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
You mean that guy who is one of the best forwards in the league, playing in a team that is much better than we are?
And are as tight as a gnat’s chaff; yes.
 
Unread 21-05-2019, 11:46 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I think we should go for Son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Hopefully this James lad goes all continental and insists on being called by his christian name.
there's a lad called avner wax playing for some israeli team. imagine if he got five minutes as a sub and then got injured.
 
Unread 22-05-2019, 01:02 AM
goldfinger II
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
You mean that guy who is one of the best forwards in the league, playing in a team that is much better than we are?
I take your point, but we're still Man Utd. I'd be surprised if that did not have a masssive appeal for him, even given the state we're in compared to them at this moment. Ji Sung Park is a superstar over there and a big part of the reason for that is because he played for us. He wasn't a great player. United are massive there.

As you say, Son is one of the best forwards in the league - quietly and hypelessly so. He seems to have a great attitude as well.

It's all hypothetical, obviously, but I'd much rather we push the boat out for him than the likes of Bale, Coutinho, Dybala etc.
 
Unread 22-05-2019, 06:54 AM
Clownbones
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I take your point, but we're still Man Utd. I'd be surprised if that did not have a masssive appeal for him, even given the state we're in compared to them at this moment. Ji Sung Park is a superstar over there and a big part of the reason for that is because he played for us. He wasn't a great player. United are massive there.

As you say, Son is one of the best forwards in the league - quietly and hypelessly so. He seems to have a great attitude as well.

It's all hypothetical, obviously, but I'd much rather we push the boat out for him than the likes of Bale, Coutinho, Dybala etc.
Dealing with Levy was tough enough when we were good.

We MIGHT get him, but it would be a huge drawn out saga and we'd potentially lose time and targets.

He's valued and on the rise there.

I'd rather we were a bit more shrewd.

Young, hungry players that want to be here. Get them in and integrated early.
 
Unread 22-05-2019, 07:20 AM
sa7
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
De Ligt, Neves, Wan Bissaka and Sancho at least or fuck off
De Ligt doesn’t want to come here any more than Kante did. Amazes me people still whinge about us not going for him when he wanted to go to Chelsea all along. Same with De Ligt, he wants to go to Barcelona. Sooner people get over that the better.
 
Unread 22-05-2019, 07:37 AM
windy waffles
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Would take that to be fair but with someone else instead of Rashford...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I take your point, but we're still Man Utd. I'd be surprised if that did not have a masssive appeal for him, even given the state we're in compared to them at this moment. Ji Sung Park is a superstar over there and a big part of the reason for that is because he played for us. He wasn't a great player. United are massive there.

As you say, Son is one of the best forwards in the league - quietly and hypelessly so. He seems to have a great attitude as well.

It's all hypothetical, obviously, but I'd much rather we push the boat out for him than the likes of Bale, Coutinho, Dybala etc.
We WERE Manchester United. We're merely a ghost of what we used to be now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Hopefully this James lad goes all continental and insists on being called by his christian name.
And insists on swapping the J for an H.
 
Unread 22-05-2019, 07:40 AM
The Stella Fella
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Would take that to be fair but with someone else instead of Rashford...



We WERE Manchester United. We're merely a ghost of what we used to be now.



And insists on swapping the J for an H.
but Shaw stays
 
Unread 22-05-2019, 08:08 AM
bazrah99
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Whoever Oli wants long term we need some grit nastiness pace and premier league experience in the short term.

No point going for youngsters only or all foreign players we need some fucking nasty spirit.

Who could be available at reasonable money and who would you try for.
De Rossi? Getting on but still has a couple of seasons in him. Would help until a younger player can replace him (assuming we use a strategy)
 
Unread 22-05-2019, 08:13 AM
Patty_b
 
Default

Grit? Nastiness? Premier League Experience?

Lee Cattermole. Only logical choice.
 
Unread 22-05-2019, 09:05 AM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there's a lad called avner wax playing for some israeli team. imagine if he got five minutes as a sub and then got injured.
It's all coming together.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Premier League Targets
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Premier League's top six clubs' January transfer budgets and targets fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 16-01-2015 11:40 AM
American raid - Major League Soccer targets Premier League stars fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 04-12-2013 03:00 PM
Steve Bruce targets Premier League after being named new Hull manager fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 08-06-2012 05:00 PM
Premier League transfer targets – where clubs will spend this summer fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 28-05-2012 10:40 PM
Mancini targets Premier League title for Manchester City fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 21-12-2009 06:30 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:22 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2019 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.