Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
"Media chef"

No ta

Unread 15-06-2019, 07:40 AM
My Name is Keith

Thumbs down

Staying in San SebastiŠn at the moment for a wedding anniversary.

Went to a 3 star Michelin restaurant called the Akelarre last night.

Inedible at times - a fucking black pudding paste cookie

Boiled red mullet

Jesus, some of the dishes were decent but fucking hell.

The sommelier also miss understood our wine taster request that we both didnít like sherry to Mr MNIK loves sherry whilst the Mrs doesnít . Had sherry most of the night but felt too embarrassed to correct him

The good thing about it was that it didnít matter from a money POV as it was only £650 for the two of us

You have to laugh

Unread 15-06-2019, 07:53 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith View Post
Staying in San SebastiŠn at the moment for a wedding anniversary.

Went to a 3 star Michelin restaurant called the Akelarre last night.

Inedible at times - a fucking black pudding paste cookie

Boiled red mullet

Jesus, some of the dishes were decent but fucking hell.

The sommelier also miss understood our wine taster request that we both didnít like sherry to Mr MNIK loves sherry whilst the Mrs doesnít . Had sherry most of the night but felt too embarrassed to correct him

The good thing about it was that it didnít matter from a money POV as it was only £650 for the two of us

You have to laugh

Was part of my plans for this summer but prices in general have put me off. Also, friend said she went to a restaurant and they served her dish on an ipad which was also playing the sounds of the sea. She might have been exaggerating, but I'm guessing not by too much.

At another place she said they brought out the covered dish, all cold steam rising from it. Big carry on. Unveiled the dish and it was a single shrimp

Unread 15-06-2019, 08:12 AM
Bunker Buster

There reviews online are horrific MNIK.

Even mentioned the black pudding paste....

Unread 15-06-2019, 08:21 AM
jaffo

Black pudding paste cookie sounds alright, I'd try one.

Unread 15-06-2019, 08:25 AM
no fun

Man from Bury spends £650 on black pudding

Itís like a headline from the Radcliffe Advertiser

Unread 15-06-2019, 08:28 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
Man from Bury spends £650 on black pudding

Itís like a headline from the Radcliffe Advertiser

Unread 15-06-2019, 08:35 AM
NinoyAquino

Best thing to do when in San SebastiŠn is to avoid the Michelin gaffs and just eat in the Pinxto bars - youíll eat like a king. MNIK - check out Atari-Ya by the old church and have the grilled octopus. Sirimiri next door is decent too and Ganbara near the square does a couple of cracking dishes.

Closer to home - Mana in Ancoats is not going to be for everyone but I thought it was brilliant. Best fine dining restaurant in Manchester by a long way.

Unread 15-06-2019, 08:41 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoyAquino View Post
Best thing to do when in San SebastiŠn is to avoid the Michelin gaffs and just eat in the Pinxto bars - youíll eat like a king. MNIK - check out Atari-Ya by the old church and have the grilled octopus. Sirimiri next door is decent too and Ganbara near the square does a couple of cracking dishes.

Closer to home - Mana in Ancoats is not going to be for everyone but I thought it was brilliant. Best fine dining restaurant in Manchester by a long way.
Nofers

Thanks pal - going there tonight - looking forward to it.

Did see the reviews but dismissed them for some odd reason. The hotel is off the scale gorgeous though

Unread 15-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Nofers

Thanks pal - going there tonight - looking forward to it.

Did see the reviews but dismissed them for some odd reason. The hotel is off the scale gorgeous though
My mate was in San Sebastian yesterday. This is the place i have always wanted to try Keithers, up in the hills between San S and Bilbao i think

http://asadoretxebarri.com/en/