United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Chopper

Default Moussa Dembele | Lyon

Some paper talk about Dembele being a £25 million pound target for United in the Summer.

Taking the money into consideration, it is not a lot of money and is the type of figure that a team on a budget rebuild would like to spend.

Onto his record. At Celtic he was stand out.
Until he fell out, with Rodgers.
Appreciating the SPL is not the best litmus test for ability.

55 Goals in 113 games for Lyon. But he was loaned out to Atletico Madrid, who didn't take up the £30m buy clause.

He qualifies as a homegrown player, due to his time at Fulham.

Anyone been following him over the past seasons, know if he is a 'good gamble' at that price?

Unread 15-03-2022, 12:41 PM
tatty

He can’t possibly be shitter now than what we have in midfield.

He might be once we sign him mind.

Unread 15-03-2022, 12:42 PM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

He's a striker.

Unread 15-03-2022, 12:42 PM
dunk

Quote:

He probably is given he’s a striker.

Another one been linked for a few years, clearly nothing to do with the manager, cheap and a deal that can be done, doesn’t matter if he’s any good

Unread 15-03-2022, 12:45 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper
He's a striker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As I say, he can’t be shitter in midfield than anything we’ve got at the moment.

Unread 15-03-2022, 12:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
As I say, he can’t be shitter in midfield than anything we’ve got at the moment.
No, he can. Look at Beek, and he is a midfielder.

Unread 15-03-2022, 12:47 PM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Another one been linked for a few years, clearly nothing to do with the manager, cheap and a deal that can be done, doesn’t matter if he’s any good
I am not sure of the state of Atletico Madrid's finances or what is going on at the club (for example, if Moussa was brought in to cover a long term injury).

But, these loan deals are akin to a 'try before you buy'.
With that, if the players improves the team, the £30m asking price didn't seem excessive (unless they knew he would be going for £25m this summer. Or Free the Summer after).

The fact Madrid didn't opt to keep him, says something.

Quote:
He would be the last choice goalie at United too.

Unread 15-03-2022, 01:10 PM
shenwen

Not even nearly good enough.

Edouard had a similar record at Celtic and struggles at Palace.

We'll probably sign him.

Unread 15-03-2022, 02:01 PM
windy waffles

We seem to get linked with him every 12 months.

£#%&! off.

Unread 20-03-2022, 04:21 PM
Chopper

Captain for Lyon today, for the game against Reims.

Is he normally the captain? Suggest if he was farmed out on loan previously, he hasn’t usually got the armband.

Unread 08-04-2022, 04:15 PM
Chopper

He's upset the 'ammers.

MOUSSA DEMBELE's controversial reaction to Aaron Cresswell's sending off is likely to rile up West Ham fans.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Cresswell-SNT

Unread 04-06-2022, 09:31 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Not even nearly good enough.

Edouard had a similar record at Celtic and struggles at Palace.

We'll probably sign him.
The evening standard put Edouard as the ‘biggest letdown’ of the season for Palace. Not having a great impact at the Club.

You could see him at Celtic, when the chips were down, he was deflated and uninterested.

Unread 17-07-2022, 09:09 AM
Chopper

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign French forward Moussa Dembele.

Dembele enjoyed an outstanding season last campaign, scoring 21 goals in Ligue 1 for Lyon. The French striker has pushed on since leaving Celtic, and he’s now attracting the interest of clubs in the Premier League.

With the future of Cristiano Ronaldo up in the air, Manchester United could be in need of a striker this summer. Even if the Portuguese star stays at the club, another striker could be necessary with Ronaldo reaching the latter stages of his career.

Unread 17-07-2022, 09:10 AM
tatty

Has he got a face like a smacked arse?

Unread 17-07-2022, 09:11 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Has he got a face like a smacked arse?
Red?
No.

Unread 17-07-2022, 10:10 AM
windy waffles

Ah, I see the half yearly Moussa Dembele have resurfaced again?

Cool.

Unread 17-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Ah, I see the half yearly Moussa Dembele have resurfaced again?

Cool.
Won’t be long till you’re at OT with your ‘can I have your jersey - Moussa’ sign.

Unread 17-07-2022, 11:53 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper
Won’t be long till you’re at OT with your ‘can I have your jersey - Moussa’ sign.
Got to get my to Old Trafford first, pol...

#TimeServedRed
Closed Thread