United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:36 PM
wiganste

Default Who stops City and Liverpool this season?

Obvs we're not ready to challenge for the title yet so who is best equipped to break up these two sets of @#%&!s?

Chelsea? Not sure about them but they are doing some decent business I suppose
Spurs? Well, they're Spursy aren't they? With the players they've brought in, would you expect them to be challenging?

I can't be arsed with another year of seeing it being a 2 horse race between them again. Plus, they'll both get to the champions league semi or final again

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:36 PM
Lok

Nobody.

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:37 PM
wiganste

Thanks, season ruined already

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:38 PM
silv

us, of course!

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:38 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
us, of course!
That's the spirit!

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:39 PM
suedeshoes

It's Spurs season.

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:40 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It's Spurs season.
I think they have an outside chance but we all have to remember, it's Spurs

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:40 PM
Zorg

Christ, let me at least get past Christmas before the annual city or liverpool nightmare begins.

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Baron

If we signed De Jong & pulled a striker out of the bag I'd be tempted to say it felt a bit ON... but there's really no chance we can go from a 58 point season to a 90+ one required to win the league that quickly.

Chelsea need a striker badly, Spurs are Spurs & that's it.

Unless the Scousers are cycling off their asthma pumps this season & City lose a couple of key players like De Bryune & Haaland to long term injuries I just don't see anyone getting close.

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

City and the scousers are miles ahead of everyone but they’re not this mystical immortal set of teams that can’t be beaten. Weird stuff happens, only two years ago United finished 2nd. (My memory might be off but I think even around Jan/feb we were in touching distance of top spot)

Obviously there’s a lot of work to be done with United, but you never know . Scousers have lost mane. Realistically it’s Chelsea that can stop them but you just never know .

One thing you do know for sure is it will never ever be spurs

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:45 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I think they have an outside chance but we all have to remember, it's Spurs
Two of the best forwards in Europe. One of the best defenders, more than decent midfield but yeah...it's Spurs (and the manager is a weirdo).

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:45 PM
AK14

Spurs look like they’ve got a squad to challenge and top class manager in Conte, but they’re spurs so…

I think it’s another season of City and Liverpool challenging on their own but I don’t think the gap will be as big.

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:47 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Obvs we're not ready to challenge for the title yet so who is best equipped to break up these two sets of @#%&!s?

Chelsea? Not sure about them but they are doing some decent business I suppose
Spurs? Well, they're Spursy aren't they? With the players they've brought in, would you expect them to be challenging?

I can't be arsed with another year of seeing it being a 2 horse race between them again. Plus, they'll both get to the champions league semi or final again
Spurs could bring in the entire coaching and playing staff from the team that won it the previous season and still struggle to finish third. Arsenal are still in the middle of their perpetual re-building cycle so it won't be them. It's down to us and Chelsea. I'd like to think we can put up some sort of a fight, maybe even finish above one of them, but not both

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:49 PM
My Name is Heath

Spurs

We will be battling for 4th with Chelsea and Arse

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:52 PM
Joe Biden

It's a case of stopping city. Liverpool won't win it.

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:54 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Spurs will be in the Atletico role while City/scousers go at is as Madrid/Barca. Maybe Conte can shithouse his way to contention with 5 at the back and Kane/Son up front. Probably not.

Unread 19-07-2022, 01:56 PM
dunk

If anything both move slightly further ahead of the rest.

We really need Nunez and Haaland/Phillips to flop spectacularly and upset their momentum.

Unread 19-07-2022, 02:04 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If anything both move slightly further ahead of the rest.

We really need Nunez and Haaland/Phillips to flop spectacularly and upset their momentum.
We need teams ( including us ) to put up more of a fight when they face City or Liverpool. All too often teams are beat before they kick off against them and allow them to go on those massive winning streaks which kills the league.

Unread 19-07-2022, 02:12 PM
Jethro

Be interesting to see how Chelsea get on. Especially as they've signed a giant centre back. 5'10

Unread 19-07-2022, 02:14 PM
Hyman_Roth

Think city will walk it. The scouse balloon hasn’t burst but a bit of air has definitely come out of it. They’ll still be 2nd but perversely the rest might be closer because no one will be pushing city as hard as previous years.

Think we’ll be at best 4th, more likely 5th. There’s £#%&!ing zero chance of us getting anywhere near winning it.

The season after next though if Haggers gets it right whilst pep gets more bored with city and it goes more stale at Liverpool….
Closed Thread