United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-10-2019, 02:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
A lot of chatter around Rakatic the last couple of days.

Obviously we should have been trying to sign the lad that keeps him out of the Barca starting XI, Frenkie de Jong, but that ship has sailed.

What we need, especially in the midfield, is some experience & leadership. If we want to show the likes of McTommers & Garner how to be a top professional, we could do a lot worse. He's only 31... it could be a great signing so long as his legs haven't gone / he's not about to go full Matic & keel over.

Barca wanted €50m in the summer, confirmed by Rakatic himself as Ronaldo called to ask him to join Juve but the price was too high. Now being touted around €10m less.... feels like a no brainer?
An ageing midfielder who’s won it all and wants one last big pay day in the premier league

What could possibly go wrong...

Good to see our new transfer strategy of signing young and hungry players lasted all of 3 months.

And then there’s this...

Unread 15-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
An ageing midfielder who’s won it all and wants one last big pay day in the premier league

What could possibly go wrong...

Good to see our new transfer strategy of signing young and hungry players lasted all of 3 months.
Pirlo was 32 when he joined Juve... it's about whether they are the right fit for the team. I'd suggest we look at whether he's fit enough, hungry enough - not old enough. We have a lot of kids who need some guidance & experience, if he's capable I'd think about it.

Unread 15-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Yes.

Great player, but sounds a like a bit of a #@&%!.

A fat, a black and a dwarf walk into a bar. Barman says; none of you better be a gay.

Unread 15-10-2019, 03:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Pirlo was 32 when he joined Juve... it's about whether they are the right fit for the team. I'd suggest we look at whether he's fit enough, hungry enough - not old enough. We have a lot of kids who need some guidance & experience, if he's capable I'd think about it.
Well if it worked for Pirlo and Juve then what are we waiting for? Football has a funny way of repeating itself like that tbf.

Nah, hard pass thanks. Looked old and slow v Wales who are made up of championship players.

Unread 15-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Not sure shaw would appreciate it.

Unread 15-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Baron

Quote:
Well if it worked for Pirlo and Juve then what are we waiting for? Football has a funny way of repeating itself like that tbf.

Nah, hard pass thanks. Looked old and slow v Wales who are made up of championship players.
If he looks shot then £#%&! it, no point. If he is fit, able & willing... it's a question worth asking.

There are a lot of players out there, we're not desperate to get him obviously but his reputation & ability is stellar. Question is some of that is now past tense.

Unread 15-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Not much more difficult than the summer market now there’s no cup tied players. It’s only ‘difficult’ because it’s woodward and the glazers running things, the absolute bluffers.

Unread 15-10-2019, 03:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
If he looks shot then f*** it, no point. If he is fit, able & willing... it's a question worth asking.

There are a lot of players out there, we're not desperate to get him obviously but his reputation & ability is stellar. Question is some of that is now past tense.
If he was a few years younger I’d be all for it, but not sure he’d be a worthwhile signing now especially at 50m tbh.

Who are the next up and coming players ready for the step up? We should be signing them and they don’t have to be kids but players who have impressed at mid table clubs (I know.. ) and are now ready for a big club?

Unread 15-10-2019, 05:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Not much more difficult than the summer market now there’s no cup tied players. It’s only ‘difficult’ because it’s woodward and the glazers running things, the absolute bluffers.
Yep, its always "difficult" for them.

Unread 15-10-2019, 05:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Great player, but sounds a like a bit of a #@&%!.
reads like a fred post.

if people won't tolerate matic (boo!), then we need a couple of 28ers, not someone waiting to die.

Unread 01-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Baron

The type of player I’d love to see in front of the Utd defence, anyone directly compared with Pirlo gets my shout.

& just look at that hair *swoon*

Unread 02-11-2019, 12:45 AM
Camel

am i the only one who thinks mandzukic is crap? most uninspiring rescue attempt ever.

would take rakatic even though he's passed it

Unread 02-11-2019, 02:02 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
am i the only one who thinks mandzukic is crap? most uninspiring rescue attempt ever.

He’s not crap but I don’t see how he all of a sudden is acceptable if were supposed to be moving to a more interchangeable style of play up front.

Short term move I suppose if we just need another experienced body.

Unread 02-11-2019, 10:32 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He’s not crap but I don’t see how he all of a sudden is acceptable if were supposed to be moving to a more interchangeable style of play up front.

Good to have another option, though.

I think it makes sense short term.

Emre Can keeps getting linked, too.

Unread 02-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Cheap, with experience, who I’d imagine would be happy to sit on the bench. Still not sure ole is interested. Probably another example of woodward offering a manager the chance to sign someone and ole saying no.

Would be ok as a bench option though.

Unread 02-11-2019, 03:41 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel

He's good. Getting on a bit now. Apparently Mourinho wanted him summer 2018 as back up to Lukaku

Woodward now passing on Mourinho's targets as his own to the press

Unread 04-11-2019, 12:22 AM
utd99

Reluctant to go all player du jour, but how much better would we look instantly with Chillwell at LB? Just sorting out that position and a top notch advanced midfielder/number 10 who can link play and pick a pass and yesterday’s type of game stop becoming problematic. It wouldn’t totally bridge the gap to the top, but it’d probably be a huge stride.

Unread 04-11-2019, 09:29 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Reluctant to go all player du jour, but how much better would we look instantly with Chillwell at LB? Just sorting out that position and a top notch advanced midfielder/number 10 who can link play and pick a pass and yesterday’s type of game stop becoming problematic. It wouldn’t totally bridge the gap to the top, but it’d probably be a huge stride.
Let's be honest - we should have bought Leicester when we had the chance.

How many of our team would get in theirs? 3 - 4 tops I reckon.

Unread 04-11-2019, 01:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

I’m not as sold on Maddison as some appear to be. Tielemans appears to have been a low risk no-brainer though. I like the way Chillwell gets forward, but is a pretty solid defender too; his work rate is impressive.

Again, it’s always easy to get sucked into what’s going on right now; Leicester’s form will drop off at some point.

Unread 04-11-2019, 01:13 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m not as sold on Maddison as some appear to be. Tielemans appears to have been a low risk no-brainer though. I like the way Chillwell gets forward, but is a pretty solid defender too; his work rate is impressive.

Again, it’s always easy to get sucked into what’s going on right now; Leicester’s form will drop off at some point.
People said the same in 2016...

They are a much better side now than they were then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

De Gea

Wan Bissake Maguire Soyuncu Chillwell

Tiellemanns Ndidi

Maddison Pogba Rashford

Vardy

6 for me.

Appreciate Maddison doesn't play on the right of a three but I'm not picking Lingard ffs.
Closed Thread