Unread 19-07-2019, 01:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro

Unread 19-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
As much as i'd love to weigh in on Frankenguire... I could show you 101 clips of defenders like Bruce, Pallister, Vidic, Ferdinand being turned and out paced and lets not even mention Johnny Evans making Carlton Cole look like Batistuta... most centre halves generally aren't that quick over 15 yards anyway.

But yeah. £#%&!ing hell. 80m.

Unread 19-07-2019, 01:35 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As much as i'd love to weigh in on Frankenguire... I could show you 101 clips of defenders like Bruce, Pallister, Vidic, Ferdinand being turned and out paced and lets not even mention Johnny Evans making Carlton Cole look like Batistuta... most centre halves generally aren't that quick over 15 yards anyway.

With a head that big you pay by the kilo.

Unread 19-07-2019, 01:50 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
620m income. Don’t see the big deal. Probably the equivalent of 20m back when we bought Ferdinand. Players like peak Ferdinand or Baresi would be valued at 120m plus with the money in the game today.

The glazers have us well trained, moaning about prices the club should be able to afford with no bother.

Unread 19-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Don’t see the big deal. 620m income. Probably the equivalent of 20m back when we bought Ferdinand. Players like peak Ferdinand or Baresi would be valued at 120m plus today.
Wouldn't £80m be a world record for a defender?

What was the world record then?

Point is, it's a world record fee for a player who is nowhere near the top defenders in the game.

Slightly better than some of what we have. A massive waste of money IMO.

De Ligt is the most sought after young defender in the world and has gone for £12m less

Unread 19-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
19 yrs old and will be one of the best defenders in the world. And still costs less than Maguire. I know you can't stomach any criticism of the club but come on dude.

Unread 19-07-2019, 02:26 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Wouldn't £80m be a world record for a defender?

What was the world record then?

Point is, it's a world record fee for a player who is nowhere near the top defenders in the game.

Slightly better than some of what we have. A massive waste of money IMO.

De Ligt is the most sought after young defender in the world and has gone for £12m less
That just points to collusion between certain clubs and agents. Raiola will have got the buy in (purely my theory) from De Ligt and Juve that he can go there for say 3 seasons at an affordable fee.

Ajax are underselling but will know that market forces will push the next transfer up to £100m plus. They’ll get a high percent of that, Raiola will get paid a percentage from Juve for doing the deal, and De Ligt gets 3 Scudettos, more time to develop and a promise of a share of the few million up front when he goes to Real, United or whoever can afford the transfer fee.

Unread 19-07-2019, 02:28 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
19 yrs old and will be one of the best defenders in the world. And still costs less than Maguire. I know you can't stomach any criticism of the club but come on dude.
Behave you daft sod I'm only taking the piss.

Unread 19-07-2019, 02:40 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Well actually he’d cost more than Maguire when you factor in agent fees and wages

Unread 19-07-2019, 02:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
620m income. Don’t see the big deal. Probably the equivalent of 20m back when we bought Ferdinand. Players like peak Ferdinand or Baresi would be valued at 120m plus with the money in the game today.

The glazers have us well trained, moaning about prices the club should be able to afford with no bother.
This.

Just pay the £#%&!ing money and move onto buying a midfielder ffs.

Unread 19-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
This.

Just pay the £#%&!ing money and move onto buying a midfielder ffs.
Listen i hate to break this to you, but you know all those players who weren't good enough 2 months ago?

Yeah, well they're suddenly good enough now.

So no need for any overhauls or major revamps.

Unread 19-07-2019, 03:34 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 19-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Clownbones

So are we actually signing this £#%&!ing giant Oven or what?

Unread 19-07-2019, 05:58 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Listen i hate to break this to you, but you know all those players who weren't good enough 2 months ago?

Yeah, well they're suddenly good enough now.

So no need for any overhauls or major revamps.

Unread 19-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
So are we actually signing this £#%&!ing giant Oven or what?

Maybe. But we need to create a pressure cooker environment to force the board's hand. A real fan assisted signing.

Unread 19-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Maybe. But we need to create a pressure cooker environment to force the board's hand. A real fan assisted signing.
Did you see the replies to the initial news, think United have realised their mistake..

No one wants him near the club...

(Thank god)
Closed Thread