United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Wez

Default Re: *Official* United v Spurs Match Thread - Teams, Links and I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK!

Good 1st half that
Jones has been brilliant as has Smalling
Good confidence booster for De Gea, his distribution is quality
Lacking ideas in midfield though
Rooney and Welbeck are not getting much service

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:50 PM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: *Official* United v Spurs Match Thread - Teams, Links and I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK!

We've done alright imo, Welbeck is talented but still needs to improve a few aspects of his game which don't seem to be there.

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Sparky***

If welbeck was Irish he'd be getting £#%&!ing slaughtered on here.

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:51 PM
JakeB

I think Tottenham are £#%&!, we need to exploit it more. Young has looked potent again..need to get it out to him more. Welbeck needs to improve, or he'll be off very very soon.

How on Earth is de Gea performing well

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:52 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v Spurs Match Thread - Teams, Links and I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK!

Love Pip Jones

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If welbeck was Irish he'd be getting £#%&!ing slaughtered on here.
Everton is about his level tbf.

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Stubbsy

OptaJoe Opta Sports
3 - Manchester United have managed just three shots on target in 135 minutes of Premier League football this season.

taff

bit slapdash at the moment, could do with berbs on to hold possession and give us chance to build an attack; it's all flitting about into nothing too often

rooney is a constant menace, jones is very classy on the ball and de gea had a solid half - good handling and distribution, and it's nice to hear the fans get behind him

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I think Tottenham are £#%&!, we need to exploit it more. Young has looked potent again..need to get it out to him more. Welbeck needs to improve, or he'll be off very very soon.

His distribution and coolness with the ball has been superb.

No handling errors - improvement He'll be class, nqat.

Tiberian

The midfield partnership and striking partnership are not working. With Anderson and Cleverley it is a balance issue, seems to be a lot of space between them, very little interplay, not working together as a pair.

Welbeck has struggled, touch and passing is off.

Plenty of options for both roles on the bench.

Impressed with Jones and De Gea.

Baron

Not a great deal to excited about in that half, Cleverley looking very tidy but it's not funny the amount Anderson is over hitting his passes, reign it in a bit fat lad.

Defence has strolled it, but Nani & Young have offered the minimum in regards to outlets & beating their men, fair enough Walker & BAE are quick but you have to try - Rooney's getting plenty of it but - and harsh as it may be, Welbeck's been a bit shit that half. Nothing sticks, not enough movement, if Pea is fit I'd have him on now as I think there are gaps at the back & they're relying on pace to get out of trouble.

I'd like to see Rooney have a dig from distance just once in a while.

ScarFace

Welshit is better than Berbatov so im not moaning. Once Berba@#%&!s gone then we'll see....

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB

He's not really, couple of shots straight at him, as alan smith I think it was said; if one of those shots took a big deflection he could have been in trouble.

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Sparky***

Good to see Anderson back to his old self anyway.

JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He's not really, couple of shots straight at him, as alan smith I think it was said; if one of those shots took a big deflection he could have been in trouble.
Handled the shots very well, and his distribution is £#%&!ing excellent.

MUFC One Love

Quote:
You're pushing the wum now mate.

Zorg

Quote:

taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
His distribution and coolness with the ball has been superb.

No handling errors - improvement He'll be class, nqat.
nimble feet when van der vaart closed him down as well - the commentators still took it as a chance to slag him off nevertheless

TheNew

Mancini with that scarf, looks like a total bender.

Unread 22-08-2011, 08:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I'd like to see Rooney have a dig from distance just once in a while.
Yep, there were a couple that half where you expected him to have a go.

Nani on the other hand is prepared to shoot from anywhere, regardless of whether it's actually on or not