Unread 22-05-2014, 10:01 AM
rebelcountyred

Default Scholesy

http://blog.paddypower.com/2014/05/2...-wayne-rooney/

Carnage left in his wake, mind you he can £#%&! off with giving moyes more time

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Nani

Default Scholes on Rooney, Woodward, England

Strange place for him to write, interesting read...

http://blog.paddypower.com/2014/05/2... aul%20Scholes

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:05 AM
believe

Is Scholes working for United still?

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Nani

I very much doubt it...

If he was still under any sort of contract it's unlikely he'd be allowed to write a blog. Was he even on a contract?

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:18 AM
dunk

C&P for those of us that can't get on there, please?

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is Scholes working for United still?
i doubt he was really working before. He had two spells at united under a coaching role and both were 'casual'

He's not exactly the most vocal and communicative and was rumoured to have stayed in his car for entire training sessions.

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:21 AM
puressence

I could explain

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:27 AM
rafabio

Quote:
I’ve not spoken to Edward Woodward. I came back for Ryan Giggs for the last few games to try to help out but I’m not waiting for a phonecall and don’t expect to be at Old Trafford next season.
don't think he is coming back

Quote:
David Moyes took a lot of stick, but I believe he’s a top manager. I’d question if 10 months was enough time.
Just Amazing

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Whip Hubley

"To get the very best from Wayne in Rio, the manager needs to tell him: ‘Don’t bother running back. Stay up top. Stay centre forward. Score goals. That’s your job in my team.’ - "

Exactly, been saying that for £#%&!ing years. He's needs to stop this odd thing he has of trying to be involved in the build up from the midfield.

Stay up front wayne lad and score goals ffs

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
"To get the very best from Wayne in Rio, the manager needs to tell him: ‘Don’t bother running back. Stay up top. Stay centre forward. Score goals. That’s your job in my team.’ - "

Exactly, been saying that for £#%&!ing years. He's needs to stop this odd thing he has of trying to be involved in the build up from the midfield.

Stay up front wayne lad and score goals ffs
without getting in to this again, I doubt that's been his choice. Ferguson or Moyes didn't say "play up top today and concentrate on banging them in" for him to start running back to his own half looking for the ball.

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:34 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
without getting in to this again, I doubt that's been his choice. Ferguson or Moyes didn't say "play up top today and concentrate on banging them in" for him to start running back to his own half looking for the ball.
Even when he plays up top he drops far too deep so that he can get more touches on the ball

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

I can't remember which game it was towards the back end of last season, but we had Mata and Kagawa (and possibly Tony?) as a front 3 behind Rooney. I lost count of the amount of times Rooney had the ball in the 'number 10' role and we ended up with no one in the box.

I'm not saying it's all his 'fault' as such, but he definitely has a tendency to go looking for the ball around the halfway line and just beyond. He drops deep constantly. I'm not particularly interested in the blame game, I just think as Scholes says with the amount of games he's played since 16 years old, putting that much energy in week in week out, he has to be smarter.

Stick him up front and I think you start to see 30 goal plus returns again. My point being the other week, LVG will have RvP up front the majority of the time so I don't know what will happen with Rooney because IMO that's by far his best position and what he's born for. It's a crying shame that he's not been utilised properly for the last few seasons (barring 11/12 where he did play up front for the most part and got 27 in the league was it?)

I think you have me down as some sort of Rooney hater. I'm totally the opposite, when he's playing as he should and where he should he's still probably our best player (including RvP...) but that just doesn't happen anymore. Hence why, if LVG is going with veep up top, we may be better off getting a good wedge for rooney....

Unread 22-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Stickman

Rooney is brilliant on the left of a front three, did it a lot in the 08-09 season and did it to perfection.

Unread 22-05-2014, 02:18 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Rooney is brilliant on the left of a front three, did it a lot in the 08-09 season and did it to perfection.
when he had pace. And when the others playing with him were even pacier (Ronaldo)

Try the same with a slower van persie and even slower mata, it would be disastrous.

Unread 22-05-2014, 03:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Him, Ronaldo and Three Lung destroying l'arse still makes me smile. A lot.

Unread 22-05-2014, 03:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
http://blog.paddypower.com/2014/05/2...-wayne-rooney/

Carnage left in his wake, mind you he can £#%&! off with giving moyes more time
Normally one would question if 10 months was enough time, tbf. Not in this instance, though.

Unread 22-05-2014, 10:43 PM
wonky no

no doubt in my mind that scholes would be a brilliant assistant manager. he said united need 5/6 players, that moyes was negative but 10 months may not have been enough time. all of which is fair enough. if you need 5/6 players you are bound to be negative. i dont hate moyes but i dont think he was right for united, however i think his 10 month spell was a very very important one as he bridged the gap between fergie and gaal which in turn automatically takes the immediate pressure off the club and the new man.

lee majors

Unread 22-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Clarkie

Ridiculous...

Not aiming at this at anyone on here btw, but this shit sickens me with some of our fans

Paul Scholes says it and everyone has a big love in with him and agrees with him and lavishes praise on his insightful opinion and bluntness

But, when Roy Keane says it....He's a @#%&!, he's bipolar, he's bitter...

Some of our fans are right tossers

Unread 22-05-2014, 11:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
"Rooney could play centre midfield, possibly, into his mid-thirties."

Unread 22-05-2014, 11:42 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Ridiculous...

Not aiming at this at anyone on here btw, but this shit sickens me with some of our fans

Paul Scholes says it and everyone has a big love in with him and agrees with him and lavishes praise on his insightful opinion and bluntness

But, when Roy Keane says it....He's a @#%&!, he's bipolar, he's bitter...

Some of our fans are right tossers
your not irish by any chance are you Mr Clarkie?
Closed Thread