United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2021, 10:58 PM
20LEgend1999

Iwobi is so shit

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:03 PM
Sapien

Just seen the goal difference column in the league table. It's mental. We've the 5th highest goal difference with +1. Everyone else outside of the top 4 is negative. The top 3 have a combined goal difference of +81

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:04 PM
puressence

Cost 1.5 mil gray brilliant talent. Scored one against us like that for Leicester when we beat em 4-1

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:05 PM
dinger

I’d love us to sign Richarlison for the crack, he grafts like £#%&! and seems like a torture to defenders, bit of a loopy bastard too

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:06 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Just seen the goal difference column in the league table. It's mental. We've the 5th highest goal difference with +1. Everyone else outside of the top 4 is negative. The top 3 have a combined goal difference of +81
Welcome back Riccers

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Welcome back Riccers
Is it 5pm already

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:11 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Welcome back Riccers

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:24 PM
Big Norm

Honestly, Arteta gets a ridiculously easy ride from the media.

They haven't stopped going on about both us and Spurs being totally appalling for most of this season yet we're both now ahead of Arsenal in the league.

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:27 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

They haven't stopped going on about both us and Spurs being totally appalling for most of this season yet we're both now ahead of Arsenal in the league.
Making Pep cups of tea for 18 months gets you headhunted and rated apparently

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

It’s purely because he’s a Pep acolyte.

They were discussing his future on Sky Sports earlier this season when they were struggling (the first time) and one said:

“He’s clearly a good coach”

How? How is he clearly a good coach? We only
Have this job to judge him by and he’s doing a shit job. Ole got dismissed as a novice, a PE teacher, but apparently Arsenal just need to get used to Arteta.

Going into Thursdays game they were looking at opening up an eight point lead over us. Four days later and we’re a point clear of them

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Was just about to say that. But then you remember that the fleet street mob in this country comprise of a lot of piers morgan-esque islington luvvies and they're all £#%&!ing Arsenal fans.

As much as the media slobber over City sometimes, i have never in my entire life seen a club - or manager for that matter - given as many sycophantic column inches as the Arsenal team of the late 90s/early 2000s. You really had to be there to believe just how much the press £#%&!ing loved them.

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Was just about to say that. But then you remember that the fleet street mob in this country comprise of a lot of piers morgan-esque islington luvvies and they're all £#%&!ing Arsenal fans.

As much as the media slobber over City sometimes, i have never in my entire life seen a club - or manager for that matter - given as many sycophantic column inches as the Arsenal team of the late 90s/early 2000s. You really had to be there to believe just how much the press £#%&!ing loved them.
The Invincibles remains the most overrated team of the Premier League era. It was a stat. Ignore that they won nothing else and lost more games than United 99 over the whole season.

I actually saw some article debating whether they or United 99 were the superior side. Right, so a team that won the league or a team that won the treble. Hmmm, tough one.

And we learned just how ‘invincible’ they were when they lost that first game against us. They folded and have never returned to the top as a club again.

Chelsea 05, 06 were better. Most of our title winning sides are better. City are better. Liverpool title team is probably better…. They’re not even the best Arsenal side of the PL era. Their 98/99 side was much better.

Really annoys me.

Invincible?

Invinci-PISS, more like!

Unread 07-12-2021, 12:15 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

there were many quarters referring to Wenger as the professor wasnt there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The Invincibles remains the most overrated team of the Premier League era. It was a stat. Ignore that they won nothing else and lost more games than United 99 over the whole season.

I actually saw some article debating whether they or United 99 were the superior side. Right, so a team that won the league or a team that won the treble. Hmmm, tough one.

And we learned just how ‘invincible’ they were when they lost that first game against us. They folded and have never returned to the top as a club again.

Chelsea 05, 06 were better. Most of our title winning sides are better. City are better. Liverpool title team is probably better…. They’re not even the best Arsenal side of the PL era. Their 98/99 side was much better.

Really annoys me.

Invincible?

Invinci-PISS, more like!
100% - it looked like they drew tonnes of matches in a bid to stay unbeaten whereas SAF would have tried to win many of those and inevitably lost 1 (or 3).

Unread 07-12-2021, 07:08 AM
Denis Irwell

Always been the media darlings. They stand out even amongst other London clubs and Liverpool.

Arteta was getting away with it when they had a shit start to the season whilst Ole was getting pelters even though he was yet to hit the wall, starting with YB Berne.

Ralfie’s already getting snides before he’s even dropped a point.

Unread 07-12-2021, 11:33 AM
doudou

Not that it matters much but Arsenal's '99 team was a better side than their "invincibles"

Unread 07-12-2021, 11:53 AM
puressence

troopz watchalong for the goals .. his aftermatch comments with the dwarf who pulls up a box to stand on to interview him ffs stop it

Unread 07-12-2021, 01:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Not that it matters much but Arsenal's '99 team was a better side than their "invincibles"
Definitely.
Closed Thread