United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-01-2022, 08:39 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Here we go again…
I know a lot of these leaks must be bullshit but that would be so very… us. We’ll sign another left winger in the summer, just watch.

Unread 27-01-2022, 08:43 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Here we go again…
Like £#%&!ing clockwork. Wouldn't surprise me if it's actually true.

Unread 27-01-2022, 08:50 AM
waynes ear's

of course its true and why not give it to him? Soon as there's a sniff of top four being certain of course United will call off the "search" and will go balls out to get this guy on a massive contract

or is everyone £#%&! for that fat faced bottle job Pochettino? or that Ajax guy thats so good nobody else is after him?

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:00 AM
windy waffles

If he keeps boiling the piss and getting rid of players like Lingard, Martial and De Beek, I'm all for it.

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:03 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
If he keeps boiling the piss and getting rid of players like Lingard, Martial and De Beek, I'm all for it.
Was going to say this. If he does a good job. Gets them playing good football and finishes as high up on the table as possible then why not?

You just got to listen to him speak to know he knows what he wants and how to do it. He is already trying to implement standards, martial and lingard hopefully £#%&!ing off. Spoke about pogba being in the shop window for other clubs .

I rather have him than Pochettino.

Unread 27-01-2022, 12:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Here we go again…
Of course they are. Take the easy option every £#%&!ing time.

Unread 27-01-2022, 02:17 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Of course they are. Take the easy option every £#%&!ing time.
like they did with Van Gaal and Mourinho pal?

Unread 27-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
You mean those two unemployed guys who were past their best?…

Unread 27-01-2022, 03:00 PM
tatty

Wouldn’t be thrilled with him permanently but only because of the lack of success despite the hype.

That said, given what else is available we might as well take a punt, can’t end worse than the last 4.

Unread 27-01-2022, 03:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr stranger
you mean those two unemployed guys who were past their best?…

Unread 27-01-2022, 03:32 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Was going to say this. If he does a good job. Gets them playing good football and finishes as high up on the table as possible then why not?

You just got to listen to him speak to know he knows what he wants and how to do it. He is already trying to implement standards, martial and lingard hopefully ****ing off. Spoke about pogba being in the shop window for other clubs .

I rather have him than Pochettino.
I’d rather rangnick had power above a manager and be running the footballing operations, rather than be a manager fighting the bullshit above him.

The former fundamentally fixes issues and will lead to proper sustained success. The latter is just a continuation of the same shit.

Unread 27-01-2022, 03:34 PM
Patty_b

On one hand, it seems lazy. But on the other if he gets towards the end of the season and he has a united dressing room and continues to improve the team, then why take the risk of upsetting all of that.

Regardless of who we bring in, there would be a risk that it wouldn't work out.

He'll have to have a strong last third of the season to make this look like a sensible idea though.

Unread 27-01-2022, 04:16 PM
redhegemony

Good leak to put the fear of god into some of the shirkers...

Unread 27-01-2022, 04:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Er yeah

Unread 27-01-2022, 05:24 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I’d rather rangnick had power above a manager and be running the footballing operations, rather than be a manager fighting the bullshit above him.

The former fundamentally fixes issues and will lead to proper sustained success. The latter is just a continuation of the same shit.
Didn’t think about that. One downside is that he won’t be going upstairs. If I am being truthfully honest I don’t think he will be given any real power. They even outlined it as a “ consultancy “ role rather than a permanent “director of football” or something like that. Zero faith in the club to do the right thing .

Unread 27-01-2022, 05:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
On one hand, it seems lazy. But on the other if he gets towards the end of the season and he has a united dressing room and continues to improve the team, then why take the risk of upsetting all of that.

Regardless of who we bring in, there would be a risk that it wouldn't work out.
But so long as there’s a consistent philosophy and policy via rangnick at the top of the club, you can change first team managers as much as you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Didn’t think about that. One downside is that he won’t be going upstairs. If I am being truthfully honest I don’t think he will be given any real power. They even outlined it as a “ consultancy “ role rather than a permanent “director of football” or something like that. Zero faith in the club to do the right thing .
I’d happily keep him on for another season tbh, whilst he manoeuvres the club into eventually appointing him director of football to mentor murtough and fletcher. And if that plan was put in place soon, he’d also have power whilst manager that previous ones didn’t. He’d effectively have full control and eventually delegate the managership of the team to his own appointment whilst he stepped upstairs.

Maybe fergie should have done that after 2009.

Unread 28-01-2022, 01:45 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
But so long as there’s a consistent philosophy and policy via rangnick at the top of the club, you can change first team managers as much as you like.

I’d happily keep him on for another season tbh, whilst he manoeuvres the club into eventually appointing him director of football to mentor murtough and fletcher. And if that plan was put in place soon, he’d also have power whilst manager that previous ones didn’t. He’d effectively have full control and eventually delegate the managership of the team to his own appointment whilst he stepped upstairs.

Maybe fergie should have done that after 2009.
Fergie thought he had delegated managership to Moyeseh.

Ideally, yes but but these £#%&!ing leeches aren’t handing power over to anyone. Just pointlessly rearranging the deck chairs. Again.

Unread 28-01-2022, 12:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Fergie thought he had delegated managership to Moyeseh.

Ideally, yes but but these ****ing leeches aren’t handing power over to anyone. Just pointlessly rearranging the deck chairs. Again.
Fergie didn’t move upstairs to run the footballing direction of the club. Woodward and the commercial department took that role.

Unread 28-01-2022, 01:32 PM
saffers

Quote:
Here we go again…
Ah, you're a sceptic this time? Good.

Shame you weren't last time.

Obviously zero need to hand the job to Ralfy now even if he's doing a good job.

Easier to judge it in April and May. That is the time you would imagine the club is ready to strike a deal with a new manager. And if Ralf has us playing great stuff and we clearly feel progress then it is obviously not a bad idea if he stays another another.

Step by step.

Unread 28-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Fergie didn’t move upstairs to run the footballing direction of the club. Woodward and the commercial department took that role.
Job titles won’t mean much this time either.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss
Closed Thread