United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:02 PM
armchair

Default Manchester United v Newcastle : Official Match Thread 21/2/21 7pm

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Doesn’t take much for James to get selected again does it? He’s the anti-Donny. I really wish we’d stop playing DDG and Lindelof, but hey ho.

Not the best team, but should still be enough to beat Newcastle. They’re crap. Pick up where we left off the other night and no £#%&!ing about.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Doesn’t take much for James to get selected again does it? He’s the anti-Donny.

Not the best team, but should still be enough to beat Newcastle. They’re crap. Pick up where we left off the other night and no £#%&!ing about.
Yeah i'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that Newcastle probably won't push their defence up to the halfway line and leave our players 40 yards of clear grass to run into.

it's going to be another grinding, 10 man defence job again.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah i'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that Newcastle probably won't push their defence up to the halfway line and leave our players 40 yards of clear grass to run into.

it's going to be another grinding, 10 man defence job again.
Oh no doubt, but we’ve got to learn to overcome it because we’ll face it more often than not. A good start would be not letting large portions just piss away by doing nothing and waiting for the opposition to fall over.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:10 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Doesn’t take much for James to get selected again does it? He’s the anti-Donny.
Dan James = 4 goals and 1 assist in 614 minutes
Donny = 1 goal and 1 assist in 1053 minutes

Dunno if anybody has the heat maps to see which of them plays further forward.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Doesn’t take much for James to get selected again does it? He’s the anti-Donny. I really wish we’d stop playing DDG and Lindelof, but hey ho.

Not the best team, but should still be enough to beat Newcastle. They’re crap. Pick up where we left off the other night and no f***ing about.
The whole world has been calling for rotation. He had a decent game midweek and it’s Newcastle. Agree with lindelof starting but we should win with the team he has selected. 4-1

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
I’m comparing how they’re favoured, not directly as players, ya tit.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:12 PM
MUFC One Love

Strange team with Thursday being a dead game really.

NedKelly

Quote:

Dunno if anybody has the heat maps to see which of them plays further forward.
I love Daniel James and his devastating pace. Back in the day he’d be your dream hidden gem on Fifa.

jem

st max will make lindelof cry.

Patty_b

Shoretire and Diallo on the bench again

Don't mind James starting either, played well on the right wing on Thursday, means Martial and Rashford and play off the left.

Reckon we'll get a healthy win, 4-1

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The whole world has been calling for rotation. He had a decent game midweek and it’s Newcastle. Agree with lindelof starting but we should win with the team he has selected. 4-1
He had a decent game because Sociedad gave him the length of a small farm to run into. It’ll be different with 10 men behind the ball. Good luck to the lad, but I’d rather see Greenwood in there.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:14 PM
ScarFace

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:14 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
I’m comparing how they’re favoured, not directly as players, ya tit.
But doesn't the minutes they've played indicate Donny is favoured more than James?

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:16 PM
History

I like Dan James, don't think hes best suited for this type of game. Probably would of gone with Mata over him, but he needs the chance to prove himself. Think hes put some good showings in the last few appearances

Lindelof needs to be £#%&!ed off, I'm struggling to see how he constantly gets picked every week.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:17 PM
armchair

Donny is injured (along with Cavani.) Or he's doing super secret training ahead of building the team around him in the next europa game.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
But doesn't the minutes they've played indicate Donny is favoured more than James?
As a £40m player expected to be a regular starter, I would expect he would, yes.

It was more a flippant remark that he Ole seems to can’t wait to get James in, and can’t wait to get Donny out. I hope we can move past this.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:18 PM
ZiggyStardust

Silly sentimental decision to start James again
James played well midweek because Sociedad played a really high line

Newcastle will play very deep and he’ll look out of his depth again
Hope I’m wrong but past matches tell us that’s what will happen

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I like Dan James, don't think hes best suited for this type of game. Probably would of gone with Mata over him, but he needs the chance to prove himself. Think hes put some good showings in the last few appearances
Did a good job defensively as well, doesn't hurt having his pace tracking back against a team trying to hit us on the counter attack.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Silly sentimental decision to start James again
James played well midweek because Sociedad played a really high line

Newcastle will play very deep and he’ll look out of his depth again
Hope I’m wrong but past matches tell us that’s what will happen
I worry about this too. I’m glad he did well in the week, but the reason he played is because he’s a bit part player. I don’t want him jettisoned right back into the 11 because of it. If he does well, great, but I suspect he’ll be getting hooked for Greenwood on 70 mins,