United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2022, 11:44 AM
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

And Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world.
I used to think that until I travelled around the world.

United are the biggest club in the world.

Unread 15-05-2022, 12:06 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob

This.

in the last 3 years I can't tell you how many times I've met Africans from all over and they all know about United and have an opinion.

White Afrikaner old guys, young francophone black guys and everything in between.

It's truly amazing,

Unread 15-05-2022, 12:13 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob

I do find it amusing that people think no-one cares about us because we have not won anything in years. Not only are we still a huge club, we also pay huge deal wages. People talking on here like we’re Everton or something. It’s a dream for many player to play at United. Even those who were only 15 last time we won something. . That may or may not be Frenkie but we’re still a huge draw.

Unread 15-05-2022, 12:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Of course he would. We last won a title when he was 15 and city hoover up everything. To everyone outside of us, they’re more of a draw. We’re hardly gonna attract top European talent by showing them the £#%&!ing Munich tunnel.
Praising Liverpool all over the fa cup thread.

Alisson is a wall

Now berating the club and its historic tunnel....

reeking of a scouser currently ...

Unread 15-05-2022, 12:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Praising Liverpool all over the fa cup thread.

Alisson is a wall

Now berating the club and its historic tunnel....

reeking of a scouser currently ...
An IMAX screen, I believe. And Stay on topic, please 👍

Unread 15-05-2022, 12:35 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Alisson is a wall
Surprised they haven't tried pushing the @#%&! over.

Unread 15-05-2022, 01:51 PM
tatty

It’s 9 years since we last won the league.

There’s a whole generation of young players turning pro who won’t remember us as a successful club.

Yes we will still attract the mercenaries but ambitious young players have at least 3 more attractive options in the PL alone.

Unread 15-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

There’s a whole generation of young players turning pro who won’t remember us as a successful club.

Yes we will still attract the mercenaries but ambitious young players have at least 3 more attractive options in the PL alone.
Underlines the need to keep the pressure on the Glazer ownership, the fans must not be bought off with the odd flashy signing.

Unread 15-05-2022, 03:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Then they need better parenting....

Man United are still the biggest most successful club in world football ..

Unread 15-05-2022, 03:33 PM
shenwen

Quote:

Why would that matter? More than one generation of players had never seen Liverpool win anything. Didn't stop them signing great players and becoming successful again.

I think some underestimate the global appeal some clubs, including us, will always have.

Unread 15-05-2022, 03:35 PM
saffers

Anyone who has left the UK will know there is no bigger club globally than Manchester United.

No offence to any of you british guys who have never set foot outside northern England.

Unread 16-05-2022, 06:08 AM
westcoastvan

Not sure if even ETH will be able to get him to come to United at this point.

There are lots of options for a CDM, De Jong, Rice, Bellingham, the trouble is trying to persuade them to come to a club that's been on a downward trajectory for 9 years.

There's that kid out of Monaco, (I can't remember his name) super young and apparently tearing it up as a CDM....United should look at him.

Unread 16-05-2022, 08:19 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Anyone who has left the UK will know there is no bigger club globally than Manchester United.

No offence to any of you british guys who have never set foot outside northern England.
at least weve set foot in it

Unread 16-05-2022, 09:00 AM
Lok

Any advance on 95% yet? This transfer is taking a long time to load

Unread 16-05-2022, 09:40 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Unread 16-05-2022, 10:18 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Any advance on 95% yet? This transfer is taking a long time to load
Heard it’s gone to a solid 96% …only 4% left for the here we go #@&%! to announce it…

Unread 16-05-2022, 10:48 AM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ffs.

Unread 16-05-2022, 10:53 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Pure is on fire lately

Unread 16-05-2022, 11:14 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
👍

Unread 16-05-2022, 07:12 PM
Vedder

Gundogan is leaving city this summer so they’ll probably make a move for De Jong
Closed Thread