United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2008, 08:49 AM
utd for ever

Default Wellbeck

[YOUTUBE]CKrBlWzgXM4[/YOUTUBE]

A cameo from al hilal game,certainly no problem with strength and height,hoping he makes it and only just 17

Unread 23-01-2008, 08:52 AM
mark o

He did look half decent, as he has when I've watched him playing for the kids, I wouldn't let him take a penalty though.

Unread 23-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Whalefish

Felt sorry for the kid tbh. Some nice touches, decent strength and pace. However that really was a bloody awful penalty. Someone check his back pocket for a fat brown envelope!

Unread 23-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Felt sorry for the kid tbh. Some nice touches, decent strength and pace. However that really was a bloody awful penalty. Someone check his back pocket for a fat brown envelope!

Ronaldo was dying to laugh, that's why he covered his face

Unread 23-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Rhodzy

Ronaldo looked disappointed for him.
Anyway
Quote:
Former Manchester United fullback Arthur Albiston says teenage striker Danny Welbeck can make it at Old Trafford.

"Arsenal have had Kanu in the past and now have Emmanuel Adebayor and I think Danny Welbeck has the kind of game to replicate what they've given the Gunners," Albiston told the Manchester Evening News.

"He has the ability to drag the ball past defenders. He has a languid style and you might think, at first look, that he is not quick. But, believe me, he is.

"He's very easy on the eye. Often big tall players don't look comfortable on the ball and their control doesn't appear great.

"But Danny is a really smooth mover, is confident on the ball and has great control.

"He can beat defenders using either foot and has a very nice unflustered temperament. He gets knocked about a lot but he just gets up and gets on with it.

"United have the likes of Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez who are low centre of gravity, powerful players. Danny Welbeck can eventually, if he progresses as he should, offer another option."

However, there is that near quarter-century albatross hanging around the necks of the Reds, who don't seem able to discover a home product.

"The fact is I think it is so much harder for strikers to make the breakthrough at a club like United," said Albiston.

"The hardest thing in football is to put the ball in the net and a big club like United need to have that available all the time.

"Producing defenders and midfield players is a bit easier. Goals win matches and all big clubs can't wait around for that special striker to come through. It has to be instant.

"But when you do get one who has the potential it is very exciting and Danny is showing good signs at this early age."

Unread 23-01-2008, 01:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Looked like he thrived on the chance to play with the first team; wanted the ball all the time. Took up some good positions and moved it quickly and smartly. From what I've seen he looks to have a lot going for him: quick, strong, skilful, intelligent and very confident in his ability.

To me he looks a cut above anyone we’ve had coming through the youth ranks for a long time.

Unread 23-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Gog Coch

If he continues as he has started then he could be one of United's most exciting players ever.

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Part 36 Offer

[quote=S/Side.Red;750198]Looked like he thrived on the chance to play with the first team; wanted the ball all the time. Took up some good positions and moved it quickly and smartly. From what I've seen he looks to have a lot going for him: quick, strong, skilful, intelligent and very confident in his ability.

To me he looks a cut above anyone we’ve had coming through the youth ranks for a long time.[/QUOTE]

after 25 mins in the 1st team vs osama united?

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:22 PM
S/Side.Red

No, it's based on what I've seen of him in general.

Although the lack of quality that has come through our ranks over the last ten years is also a factor in the statement.

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:36 PM
BarryX

he did well beck there.

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No, it's based on what I've seen of him in general.

Although the lack of quality that has come through our ranks over the last ten years is also a factor in the statement.
yes perhaps. But I certainly recall Eagles, Martin, Evans, Simpson, Rossi, Ritchie Jones etc etc putting in just as impressive cameo's over the past few years and that was in competitive matches. Essentially it is impossible to say how a player will develop. He looks a good player I admit, but i suppose we will just have to wait and see.

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:38 PM
S/Side.Red

The interesting thing is he only turned 17 in November. That he was taken on this trip and brought on for a decent runout is quite an indication of how highly he's rated. Did any other reserve players go on the trip? From I've read it was pretty much the entire first team squad, plus Welbeck.

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Whalefish

Dong didn't go. MOTWYW.

Unread 23-01-2008, 04:00 PM
dunk

Where was Pique on Monday?

Unread 23-01-2008, 04:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Where was Pique on Monday?
Good question. Seems to have disappeared from the first team picture recently.

Unread 23-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Whalefish

He's been injured. Probably back for the FA Cup.

Unread 23-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Gazw649

I'd keep him well beck from the first team for the time being

Unread 23-01-2008, 04:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's been injured. Probably back for the FA Cup.
Hope not, with all due respect.

Unread 23-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Hope not, with all due respect.
Oh aye. I mean he'll probably be available for selection if they so desire.

Unread 23-01-2008, 04:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Still not convinced by him, tbh.
Closed Thread