United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2020, 01:06 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
What if i can guarantee you we will - what then?
We’d still need to replace half the team. If we can do that then I’ll start considering any new manager being brought in as a positive. Til then I’m just bracing myself for more turbocrap.

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You can see it coming a mile off.

In the absence of trophies it appears United supporters have learned to get their kicks from transfer speculations and sackings. If Ole gets tinned there will be people who call themselves ‘reds’ actually celebrating. What a sorry state of affairs.
No, in the absence of trophies United fans have turned on each other. We've reached almost wenger in/out levels of toxicity now.

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:03 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No, in the absence of trophies United fans have turned on each other. We've reached almost wenger in/out levels of toxicity now.
Who’s our DT?

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:09 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Fair post.

But anyone? Really? I mean, Allardyce? Hughes?

Agree totally about the Ferguson stuff. We really need to get over it. We went through all this with Moyes didn't we? People demanding he be given time simply because the biggest one-off in football history was given time. As if success simply arrives automatically if you wait long enough.

The difference between them for me lies mainly in attitude. Moyes was a black cloud of poison who enveloped the club from his first day, predicting defeats, saying it would get worse and generally talking and acting like he'd taken over relegation fodder rather than the champions. There was literally nothing to cling to, no positive signs whatsoever.

With Ole, his whole attitude is positive, some of the young players that have come through have been brilliant, Rashford's scoring a lot and there've been some superb results in among the shit. Two or three additions and it can all change pretty quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's not much to cling to, and I don't think he's got long left in the job, but there are some positive signs no matter how much people insist there aren't.
Would take Big Sam in a heartbeat

No, don’t mean literally anyone. Although was worrying to see Hughes at the game the other night

I mean we can’t stick with a failing manager (which Ole will be if we continue the rest of the season with results as bad as they have been so far) just because there isn’t a sure thing out there. It’s shit but if we have to start again then we have to start again. That’s all we can do.

I hope we sign three in the window, never play Lingard or Jones again and do a run for top four. Maybe a cup or two. If that happens then couldn’t think of a better manager to enjoy it with.

But as I said earlier in the thread, there’s a difference between wanting Ole to succeed and believing he will succeed. Let’s be honest, he was never meant to be in the job. If not for the run he had and the hype around it, he would have done his caretaker bit and moved on to get more experience, which he really does need. If I gave you a list of ten managers to replace mou full time at the end of 2018, Ole wouldn’t have even been on it. That said he has earned our support and the anti-Ole crew are #@&%!s. But it’s getting harder every week. We desperately need to batter Norwich and raise spirit.

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:13 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

No, don’t mean literally anyone. Although was worrying to see Hughes at the game the other night

I mean we can’t stick with a failing manager (which Ole will be if we continue the rest of the season with results as bad as they have been so far) just because there isn’t a sure thing out there. It’s shit but if we have to start again then we have to start again. That’s all we can do.

I hope we sign three in the window, never play Lingard or Jones again and do a run for top four. Maybe a cup or two. If that happens then couldn’t think of a better manager to enjoy it with.

But as I said earlier in the thread, there’s a difference between wanting Ole to succeed and believing he will succeed. Let’s be honest, he was never meant to be in the job. If not for The run he had and the hype around it, he would have done his caretaker bit and moved on to get more experience, which he really does need. If I gave you ten managers to replace mou full time at the end of 2018, Ole wouldn’t have even been on it. That said he has earned our support and the anti-Ole crew are #@&%!s. But it’s getting harder every week. We desperately need to batter Norwich and raise spirit.
In hindsight, we really shouldn’t have given him the contract prematurely. Not even a slight at Ole, just would have been interesting to see if results had stayed consistent with his early record or if we’d have gone into freefall like we did.

Anyway, if we aren’t signing anyone then there’s no point even contemplating it; no one on planet earth is getting a better song out of Lingard, Pereira, Shaw etc.just have to see this season out.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst is about where I’m at right now.

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:17 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
In hindsight, we really shouldn’t have given him the contract prematurely. Not even a slight at Ole, just would have been interesting to see if results had stayed consistent with his early record or if we’d have gone into freefall like we did.

Anyway, if we aren’t signing anyone then there’s no point even contemplating it; no one on planet earth is getting a better song out of Lingard, Pereira, Shaw etc.just have to see this season out.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst is about where I’m at right now.
As MNIK said, no signings in Jan means Ole is out in the summer and funds are being held back for a new manager. Might as well give him back the caretaker title. Would make me very sad to see Ole used as whipping boy. Unlike some of our support I like the bloke and am grateful for what he gave the club and he doesn’t deserve being shit on by clowns like Woodward.

I resigned myself to this being a bad season back in September. Doesn’t make it any easier to take though.

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:21 PM
Switching Off

We've recalled Cameron Borthwick Jackson from Tranmere (3 appearances for them this season). Im sure Borthy is a great lad who will fit in well with the guys.

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Who’s our DT?
ears

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:30 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:

You need to do a whole lot more than hope for any one of those to happen.

No decent signings
No cups
6th or 7th.

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Maybe a cup or two

Just like that eh?

We aren't good enough to win any cup.

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:46 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
You need to do a whole lot more than hope for any one of those to happen.

No decent signings
No cups
6th or 7th.
I know

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Maybe a cup or two

Just like that eh?

We aren't good enough to win any cup.
The entitlement

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:54 PM
believe

Quote:
The entitlement
3-1 down in a semi final and a replay with wolves. If that doesn’t s@y were in for a chance I don’t know what does.

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:54 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

But as I said earlier in the thread, there’s a difference between wanting Ole to succeed and believing he will succeed. Let’s be honest, he was never meant to be in the job. If not for the run he had and the hype around it, he would have done his caretaker bit and moved on to get more experience, which he really does need. If I gave you a list of ten managers to replace mou full time at the end of 2018, Ole wouldn’t have even been on it. That said he has earned our support and the anti-Ole crew are #@&%!s. But it’s getting harder every week. We desperately need to batter Norwich and raise spirit.

A failing manager ?

Still in the FA cup

Still in the semi final of the Caraboose cup

In the knockout stages of the waffer cup

5th in the league and still a good chance to finish in the Champions League places.

Three good signings, shipped a lot of dross out... but yeah he's a failing manager #TeaMole

Unread 09-01-2020, 02:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
It doesn’t need to be hysterical. The paper’s you can understand, the United name sells copy; the ABU’s you can understand because we wrecked them and they’ve been waiting for years for this. Us, I really can’t understand. If anyone should know the difficulty of this job, what it would take and how long, it’s us.

Like I’ve said before on this thread, before Ole was even a thing, if there had been a poll on this forum of how many needed to be shipped out, how many brought in and how long before we’re back properly competing, who would not have said 10-10 & 3 years plus? Why does actually having a manager we can pin angst on make us so irrational when he’s not even close to what we would have said needed to be done? Why?

We’re folding without even looking at the hole card or being dealt the rest of our hand.

Unread 09-01-2020, 03:18 PM
Patty_b

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
A failing manager ?

Still in the FA cup

5th in the league and still a good chance to finish in the Champions League places.

Three good signings, shipped a lot of dross out... but yeah he's a failing manager #TeaMole
Out of us, Chelsea and Spurs we have the weakest squad as well.

He's promoted a 19 year old academy left back who has quickly become first choice for a lot of the support, introduced a 19 year old Greenwood into the side over the course of the season so far, who looks to be getting better with every game. He's given first team debuts to seven other academy players this season as well.

He's also got the best out of Rashford when at the start of the season a lot of fans doubted he would bag 15 goals over the course of the season, and The Scottish Player has flourished under his management as well. Even Fred seems to have turned a corner under Ole.

But let's sack him because he has to play Lingard and/or Pereira rather than the invisible-£#%&!ing-man.

Unread 09-01-2020, 03:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Out of us, Chelsea and Spurs we have the weakest squad as well.

He's promoted a 19 year old academy left back who has quickly become first choice for a lot of the support, introduced a 19 year old Greenwood into the side over the course of the season so far, who looks to be getting better with every game. He's given first team debuts to seven other academy players this season as well.

He's also got the best out of Rashford when at the start of the season a lot of fans doubted he would bag 15 goals over the course of the season, and The Scottish Player has flourished under his management as well. Even Fred seems to have turned a corner under Ole.

But let's sack him because he has to play Lingard and/or Pereira rather than the invisible-£#%&!ing-man.
Lets sack him because he isn't good enough.

Unread 09-01-2020, 03:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
A failing manager ?

Still in the FA cup

Bit early to be drunk isn't it.

Unread 09-01-2020, 03:22 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
The entitlement
The irony

Unread 09-01-2020, 03:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
The irony