United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2012, 10:52 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Always comes across pretty well. For those who are sick of the sight of Clarke Carlisle.
I am sick of clarke. he's got stupid opinions on everything for when alan partridge can't make qt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I really can't wait to see the first team walk off the pitch in response to racist chanting. Long overdue imo. £#%&! Uefa.
if serbia aren't banned, we shouldn't go to the finals. rose's card wants rescinding and the ref demoted too.

Unread 19-10-2012, 11:04 AM
irk

Quote:

‘And I haven’t smiled for the anti-racism campaign photographs we’ve posed for as a team, either.
steady on joleon that's a bit strident

Unread 19-10-2012, 11:13 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
he's not been accused of being a racist, just using racist language in a specific incident

Unread 19-10-2012, 11:13 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
steady on joleon that's a bit strident
Dont worry, Joleon, everyone is too busy gawping at your spacky freak head instead.

Unread 19-10-2012, 11:14 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi

Worth that game getting moved just to have that picture.

Unread 19-10-2012, 11:36 AM
jem

fergie has given his verdict. silly old duffer.

Unread 19-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Quote:
I have only heard that Jason Roberts is different – but he is very different.

Unread 19-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the shootcrew will be telling us it's some kind of mind game

Unread 19-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Fergie in acting like a yes-man, establishment @#%&!. Surprise surprise.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-jason-roberts

Unread 19-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

the kick it out thing basically packages the issue in a way society can digest it, just like it does for everything else - national father's day, no smoking week, national no beating you wife up week and so on...

seems churlish to reject it even if you think it's not as effective as it wants to be.

on the other hand, I dare say luis suarez and john terry will be amongst those supporting the campaign this week in one way or another, so...

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Fergie in acting like a yes-man, establishment @#%&!. Surprise surprise.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-jason-roberts
£#%&!ing hell Fagie.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

if individuals such as Jason Roberts want to throw the whole Kick it Out thing back in the faces of the players who support it in this show of public solidarity then I think that's a mistake

they should support the campaign, but work to back it up with more robust solutions themselves. these solutions will eventually overtake the PR campaign if they do it effectively.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:14 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
if individuals such as Jason Roberts want to throw the whole Kick it Out thing back in the faces of the players who support it in this show of public solidarity then I think that's a mistake

they should support the campaign, but work to back it up with more robust solutions themselves. these solutions will eventually overtake the PR campaign if they do it effectively.
%@#$&!s. They're making a point, unlike the campaign, and eventually somebody will listen.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:24 PM
shenwen

Quote:

utter shite. that what you call the fight from within?

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
%@#$&!s. They're making a point, unlike the campaign, and eventually somebody will listen.
what point are they making though? if the players supporting the Kick it Out malarkey are racists then out them, otherwise you're just throwing it back in their faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
utter shite. that what you call the fight from within?

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:40 PM
The Return of JC

His sentiments would be echoed by most, but not wearing the shirt merely undermines that campaign as a whole, rather than the feeling that the powers that be arent doing enough (a totally fair point). It's also rather shallow. Why not wear the shirt, but productively voice concerns to the people behind the campaign? To me, not wearing the shirt is as shallow a gesture as wearing it and being, well, John Terry! It sends out a confused message, imo. It looks like a lack of support for that campaign, rather than a concern that the campaign is failing.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
It looks like a lack of support for that campaign, rather than a concern that the campaign is failing.
That's Fergie's point tbh.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
His sentiments would be echoed by most, but not wearing the shirt merely undermines that campaign as a whole, rather than the feeling that the powers that be arent doing enough (a totally fair point). It's also rather shallow. Why not wear the shirt, but productively voice concerns to the people behind the campaign? To me, not wearing the shirt is as shallow a gesture as wearing it and being, well, John Terry!
I agree. He would do a lot better by wearing the shirt to show solidarity with those who genuinely support the campaign, but also by making a string of media appearances outing examples of where the campaign is failing and where it is being given lip service. He could use the opportunity to re-assert what the Kick it Out campaign is supposed to be achieving.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:47 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's Fergie's point tbh.
Yep. But why pass up a chance to slag him off eh?

Fergie's comments that Ashley Young has done well for us are much more of a concern.

Unread 19-10-2012, 01:48 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I agree. He would do a lot better by wearing the shirt to show solidarity with those who genuinely support the campaign, but also by making a string of media appearances outing examples of where the campaign is failing and where it is being given lip service. He could use the opportunity to re-assert what the Kick it Out campaign is supposed to be achieving.
Exactly. Concerns and sentiment are correct, but I think the action is misguided.
Closed Thread