Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Harri Jaffa

I've not watched any news or sport all weekend

Unread 15-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
vidic to me has started very sluggish this season imho .. and going by facial expressions doesnt look entirely happy
The whole squad looks sluggish. I'd argue not one of them is match fit, or certainly to the standard required.

Piss poor prep over the Summer?

Unread 15-09-2008, 09:29 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The whole squad looks sluggish. I'd argue not one of them is match fit, or certainly to the standard required.

Piss poor prep over the Summer?
Yep. Going to Africa was a shite decision. We gained £#%&! all out of that.

We need Ronaldo back. Even if he does £#%&! all in a game there's always a chance we'll score.

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:26 PM
bruntyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
vidic to me has started very sluggish this season imho .. and going by facial expressions doesnt look entirely happy
Maybe the weather's getting him down.

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Agree with whalefish.

Vidic has looked off the pace and was poor against Newcastle too. Ferdinand and Evra look the only two that are match fit.

Vidic could have gone for either challenge tbf but Ferdinand was covering on the first. The second was complete frustration. It was a silly challenge and he went through Alonso.

Terry should not have been sent off. It was a terrible decision. Halsey got it wrong all game tbh. I fully expect the red card to be overturned on appeal. To suggest that was serious foul play is ludicrous.

Unread 15-09-2008, 01:43 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Agree with whalefish.

Vidic has looked off the pace and was poor against Newcastle too. Ferdinand and Evra look the only two that are match fit.

Vidic could have gone for either challenge tbf but Ferdinand was covering on the first. The second was complete frustration. It was a silly challenge and he went through Alonso.

Terry should not have been sent off. It was a terrible decision. Halsey got it wrong all game tbh. I fully expect the red card to be overturned on appeal. To suggest that was serious foul play is ludicrous.
Is rugby tackling now part of football, I must have missed that new FIFA directive. Maybe United could sign Martin Johnson as the new assistant managed to give the squad some tips on the best way to bring down a striker heading goalwards. I was always taught to clamp the knees togther and go it an an angle so you don't end up with a face full of boot. Do you think we are allowed the tap tackle?

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Is rugby tackling now part of football, I must have missed that new FIFA directive. Maybe United could sign Martin Johnson as the new assistant managed to give the squad some tips on the best way to bring down a striker heading goalwards. I was always taught to clamp the knees togther and go it an an angle so you don't end up with a face full of boot. Do you think we are allowed the tap tackle?
A typically inept and childish post. All this watching semi pro football has obviously clouded your judgment of the rules.

Jog on, now there's a good lad.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:15 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
A typically inept and childish post. All this watching semi pro football has obviously clouded your judgment of the rules.

Jog on, now there's a good lad.
If you say so sweetheart, I don't want to mess with you and your firm. I'd be brown bread quicker than you can say "gobshite"

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
If you say so sweetheart, I don't want to mess with you and your firm. I'd be brown bread quicker than you can say "gobshite"
Good man. It's nice for one to know one's place.

Unread 15-09-2008, 02:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Anyway, apparantly in order to be succesful Chelsea will have to prove it wasn't a bookable offence as red cards cannot be downgraded to yellow cards.
Closed Thread