United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Flicking through TV last night and I saw Fergie on who wants to be a millionaire with Eamonn Holmes; within about 10 minutes Holmes and Tarrant were half-ribbing Fergie about Wenger and it made me realise just how far they've fallen as a club. They were THE rivals to us in that time period and now we see them as a joke, even as our own club has fallen into disrepair. Definitely serves as a warning though, as another few years of this and we could be as equally big a joke.
£#%&! Arsenal and their @#%&! fans.

I always had respect for Wenger. He helped change English football when he came in, and we had some of the most epic battles the Premier League has ever seen thanks to him and his Arsenal sides.

He practically built that stadium thanks to the success he brought in with the budgets he had, and a board couldn't really give two shits about the team as long as he was still bringing in that Champions League money.

He loved that club and almost gave them everything they could dream of. And they forced him out with a very vocal and public campaign which lasted years. It was £#%&!ing disgraceful how those fans treated him, especially when all their ire should have been directed at the boardroom, not at him.

£#%&! Arsenal and £#%&! their fans, I hope they continue to tumble into obscurity until the only @#%&!s occupying that stadium to watch Arsenal play in the National League South, are the same gutless £#%&!s who forced out the man who practically built it.

Unread 16-07-2019, 11:37 AM
utd99

So what? Does that mean he gets a lifetime pass on mediocrity? Not only has Arsenal not won the league for 15-odd years, they weren’t even close to challenging and the players he bought were toss.
Throw in the fact that he lost his best players year in and year out because he was a skinflint who was out of touch with modern football and kept repeating the same error of allowing contracts to run into their final year to squeeze the very last penny out of their value.

In hindsight he did a very good job of building onto the excellent players he inherited and getting their culture straight, but Fergie rebuilt United three or four times, Wenger couldn’t manage one serious re-build.

He was more of a dinosaur than their mascot and got 10 years longer than he deserved. Bye..

Unread 16-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So what? Does that mean he gets a lifetime pass on mediocrity? Not only has Arsenal not won the league for 15-odd years, they weren’t even close to challenging and the players he bought were toss.

Throw in the fact that he lost his best players year in and year out because he was a skinflint who was out of touch with modern football and kept repeating the same error of allowing contracts to run into their final year to squeeze the very last penny out of their value.

In hindsight he did a very good job of building onto the excellent players he inherited and getting their culture straight, but Fergie rebuilt United three or four times, Wenger couldn’t manage one serious re-build.

He was more of a dinosaur than their mascot and got 10 years longer than he deserved. Bye..
Yeah, and they've really tasted the success since sacking him and bringing in a new, young modern manager, right?

Being able to achieve a mighty 5th, very much helped by our inability to win a £#%&!ing game for the last few months of the season and just handing them the spot.

For those 15 years he was competing against Man United, Chelsea and then City, on budgets that were dwarfed by those of the aforementioned clubs - £#%&!ing hell, even Liverpool had a bigger budgets, but for the most part were will shit.

Don't pretend they are a giant club with unlimited funds, because that was far from the case, especially when Wenger was at the helm.

Now everyone expects them to fall even further down the table, under the guidance of that young, modern manager they were obviously crying out for.

I said it before and I'll say it again. £#%&! Arsenal and their @#%&! fans.

Unread 16-07-2019, 11:55 AM
red red robbo

Quote:

This. 100%

Unread 16-07-2019, 01:05 PM
windy waffles

Didn't we approach Arsenal and he almost joined us several years ago...?

Unread 16-07-2019, 01:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No.

In better news Mustafa is getting booed on tour apparently. Might be an opportune time to slip a cheeky bid in..

Unread 16-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Can't argue with any of that. They should have pulled the trigger years ago.

Unread 16-07-2019, 02:18 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
No.

In better news Mustafa is getting booed on tour apparently. Might be an opportune time to slip a cheeky bid in..
Er, wrong...

Tapped him up when Fergie first 'retired'...

Quote:
“I turned many, many, many jobs down to stay here and face the challenge when we built the stadium.”

“I speak to everybody. I met Martin Edwards. Many people came to see me in my home. But I was always, I think, loyal to this club.”
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/ar...-united-158360

Unread 16-07-2019, 03:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
Er, wrong...

Tapped him up when Fergie first 'retired'...
Probably looking to borrow a couple of videos.

I think it was well documented that SGE was the one we were after mate.

Unread 16-07-2019, 03:43 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Probably looking to borrow a couple of videos.

I think it was well documented that SGE was the one we were after mate.
After Wenger told us to do one I assume.

Unread 16-07-2019, 05:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
When SAF was about to step down, I presume?

Unread 17-07-2019, 05:21 PM
ScarFace

£350k a week

Unread 28-07-2019, 06:01 PM
puressence

Lost 2-1 to
Lyon at home and Lacazrtte left the ground with a knee boot cast on. 8th

Unread 28-07-2019, 06:04 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Lost 2-1 to

Unread 28-07-2019, 06:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Lost 2-1 to
About to spend £100m + in a summer where their budget is £45m.

We're about to break even on a £250m spending spree despite only selling one player.

Yeah, good job we aren't Arsenal..

Unread 28-07-2019, 06:13 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
About to spend £100m + in a summer where their budget is £45m.

We're about to break even on a £250m spending spree despite only selling one player.

Yeah, good job we aren't Arsenal..
Dunk they have no money and need a new complete back 4 and that’s not happening anytime soon and there trying to but players like a Littlewoods catalogue scheme
Closed Thread