United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Ole has made it clear he doesn't want rid of these players. He's continually played the likes of Young, Smalling, Jones etc...

He has said many times we'll just buy a couple of players and there wont be lots of players leaving.

Anyone expecting a big change this summer is in for a huge disappointment. We'll sign a right winger and a full back and that will be it. Neither will be of the required standard or make any sort of difference.
He doesn’t have anymore players you idiot. You are so £#%&!ing clueless aren’t you.

Unread 21-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Sparky***

Unread 21-04-2019, 03:33 PM
yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Ole has made it clear he doesn't want rid of these players. He's continually played the likes of Young, Smalling, Jones etc...

He has said many times we'll just buy a couple of players and there wont be lots of players leaving.

Anyone expecting a big change this summer is in for a huge disappointment. We'll sign a right winger and a full back and that will be it. Neither will be of the required standard or make any sort of difference.
he's just said the opposite of this tbf

Unread 21-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
He doesn’t have anymore players you idiot. You are so £#%&!ing clueless aren’t you.
Did I £#%&! your mum/wife/daughter or something once? You've got a bizzarre hatred for me.

There is no need to play Ashley Young week in week out. Yes our squad I think all of us would rather see Dalot or even Darmian play instead.

Unread 21-04-2019, 03:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
You can't automatically presume the latter from the former, especially when we have key players unavailable.

Unread 21-04-2019, 04:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Did I £#%&! your mum/wife/daughter or something once? You've got a bizzarre hatred for me.

There is no need to play Ashley Young week in week out. Yes our squad I think all of us would rather see Dalot or even Darmian play instead.
He basically has to when the CEO is handing them new contracts and likely not allow him to sign players in there positions tbf.

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:21 AM
The Return of Tim

We need experienced leaders otherwise any youth we try to bring through are destined to fail. The idea of bringing through young players is to add invention and fearlessness into an already strong team (adding Ronaldo into a team with Keane and Scholes, adding Beckham etc into a team with Cantona, Bruce). We don't have a single player in the squad capable of setting the right example. Imagine moving up to the first team and seeing Pogba and Jesse ffs. Zlatan was the last one we had anywhere near the standard we need.

So on that, why don't we go all out for Veratti? A midfielder who isn't scared of the ball.

Thanks

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:31 AM
The Return of Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He £#%&!ing HATES Pogba
Don't we all

Thanks

Unread 22-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think that's a fair statement.

Unread 22-04-2019, 04:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I think that's a fair statement.
It's 100% correct. The manager can't be the sole disciplinarian these days.

For example when Martial apparently arrived back late from France in December, Ole shouldn't have needed to say a word. A sporting director should have been onto Martial, his agent or whoever and taken him down.

Discipline has to come from the club these days otherwise the manager is far too easy to isolate.

Unread 22-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
All well and good until a greedy agent instructs his player to take the piss in order to force a move.

Implementing strict conduct guidelines, with an identified disciplinary staff, merely removes any flexibility for the club to deal with shenanigans. Whereas a canny manager, who can manipulate players (arm round the shoulder etc) can pick and choose his battles.

Mou was simply out of his depth, notably with the Pogba snapchat incident. Shorts is ahead of the Social Media game.

Unread 22-04-2019, 05:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
All well and good until a greedy agent instructs his player to take the piss in order to force a move.

Implementing strict conduct guidelines, with an identified disciplinary staff, merely removes any flexibility for the club to deal with shenanigans. Whereas a canny manager, who can manipulate players (arm round the shoulder etc) can pick and choose his battles.

Mou was simply out of his depth, notably with the Pogba snapchat incident. Shorts is ahead of the Social Media game.
It doesn't have to be strict. But players need to feel that when they step out of line, they're going against the club rather than just the manager. Pogba royally took the piss towards the end of last season and found that the club did nothing. Removed Mou's authority.

Unread 22-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

No sorry not at all. Perhaps my response was a tad aggressive on reflection. There's a lot of emotion involved but I was frustrated as Yodoh rightly points out, Ole has been saying the exact opposite for the last 10 days.

Unread 22-04-2019, 06:02 PM
believe

Quote:
No sorry not at all. Perhaps my response was a tad aggressive on reflection. There's a lot of emotion involved but I was frustrated as Yodoh rightly points out, Ole has been saying the exact opposite for the last 10 days.
You was drunk wasn’t you

Unread 22-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You was drunk wasn’t you
I actually wasn't

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:21 PM
puressence

Hudson odi ruptures Achilles’ tendon

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
thats £#%&!ed his chances of any summer transfer then. he'll be out until next year.

Unread 22-04-2019, 09:22 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
he's looking for trouble with a name like that

Unread 23-04-2019, 05:17 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
he's looking for trouble with a name like that
50 p a letter

Quote:
thats £#%&!ed his chances of any summer transfer then. he'll be out until next year.
ideal free transfer material .. although that injury isnt great for players who are quick

Unread 23-04-2019, 09:35 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I’d have thought it would be up to the manager to decide which player needs disciplining by the person above him in the structure, rather than that person operating independently of the manager. So the manager would still be picking and choosing.
Closed Thread