United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Probably not.

Rashford, Martial and Greenwood as out striking options?
Our transfers move at the speed of a glacier, so unless we’ve got something really far along already that’s somehow been kept under wraps (hugely unlikely) I can’t see us doing anything in the time remaining.

So yep, I reckon they’re going to gamble with those 3 then maybe re-assess in January.

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Our transfers move at the speed of a glacier, so unless we’ve got something really far along already that’s somehow been kept under wraps (hugely unlikely) I can’t see us doing anything in the time remaining.

So yep, I reckon they’re going to gamble with those 3 then maybe re-assess in January.
Fernandes?

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Fernandes?
I meant not doing anything just in terms of a striker, didn’t word it very well.

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
But we're not struggling to sell him. We're simply in the middle of negotiations. Both parties want the deal. He's being left out of squads as it goes on.

Its basic transfer rumblings.

You say you're not panicking, but to accept an offer below his valuation, simply in the interests of missing out is precisely panicking.

Again, what club accepts the first offer that is below their valuation of a player? None. And nor should we.

I'm not convinced he needs replacing tbh either.

He wasnt starting many games anyway. That's why we're selling him. I'd be happy to see Greenwood phased into the side at the same appearance rate that Lukaku played under Ole.

He's a good goalscorer, but we were a poorly functioning, low-goalscoring side with him in it. We replace his goals by being a better team.

We're not. He's worth more than £54m in this market.
I’d accept it because I don’t think we’d get much more than the 54 being offered. If we can squeeze a few extra million out of them then great, but we won’t be getting anywhere close to the fee we paid for him and the longer we keep him the less we’ll be getting for him, unless a Chinese club come in for him?

Going into the season with Rashford, Martial and Greenwood as our main options isn’t something I’d be happy with tbh, it would leave us short imo.

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I meant not doing anything just in terms of a striker, didn’t word it very well.
He's a 'forward' isn't he?

An attacking option. I'd rather have someone with some flexibility up there than an out and out striker like Lukaku

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:21 PM
AK14

Quote:

An attacking option. I'd rather have someone with some flexibility up there than an out and out striker like Lukaku
Attacking midfield/10 isn’t he? I’m not entirely sure tbh.

A proper holding midfielder that can dictate the tempo of the game would make such a difference to us imo.

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:22 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I’d accept it because I don’t think we’d get much more than the 54 being offered. If we can squeeze a few extra million out of them then great, but we won’t be getting anywhere close to the fee we paid for him and the longer we keep him the less we’ll be getting for him, unless a Chinese club come in for him?

Going into the season with Rashford, Martial and Greenwood as our main options isn’t something I’d be happy with tbh, it would leave us short imo.
Probably another £10m more imo. Wasnt there talk of them offering around that in installments?

I think that will be the compromise.

Rashford, Martial and Greenwood is not more light than Rashford, martial and a lukaku who doesn't fit.

We talk about giving these kids a chance. Well, this is it. Rashford first choice. Martial not far behind and Greenwood getting phased in.

I think we'll bring in another attacking player too.

Quote:
Attacking midfield/10 isn’t he? I’m not entirely sure tbh.

A proper holding midfielder that can dictate the tempo of the game would make such a difference to us imo.
Agreed. Much more of a priority than replacing Lukaku imo.

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:22 PM
MartialLaw

Wesley Brown

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Ethers

Quote:

I haven’t seen much of him to be perfectly honest, but from what I’ve read he plays behind the forwards, another Mata type player?

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:26 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I haven’t seen much of him to be perfectly honest, but from what I’ve read he plays behind the forwards, another Mata type player?
Weak, but lovely?

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Probably another £10m more imo. Wasnt there talk of them offering around that in installments?

I think that will be the compromise.

Rashford, Martial and Greenwood is not more light than Rashford, martial and a lukaku who doesn't fit.

We talk about giving these kids a chance. Well, this is it. Rashford first choice. Martial not far behind and Greenwood getting phased in.

I think we'll bring in another attacking player too.

Agreed. Much more of a priority than replacing Lukaku imo.
Not sure greenwood is ready for consistent first team football yet tbh.

An injury to Rashford and all of the sudden there’s a hell of a lot of pressure on 17 year old Mason Greenwood...

Having another forward like a Ben Yedder, that will also offer us something different, gives us options and would also allow us to play Greenwood in cup competitions the odd league game.

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
We made a mistake paying too much for him, let’s not make another mistake being too greedy
Greedy?

defenders are going for 50 million quid these days.

whatever you think of lukaku he's a proven premier league goalscorer and belgium's record goalscorer.

Anything less than 90m should be £#%&!ing baulked at.

having said that, doesn't really matter what they sell him for because it's not being re invested.

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Not sure greenwood is ready for consistent first team football yet tbh.

An injury to Rashford and all of the sudden there’s a hell of a lot of pressure on 17 year old Mason Greenwood...

Having another forward like a Ben Yedder, that will also offer us something different, gives us options and would also allow us to play Greenwood in cup competitions the odd league game.
Don't disagree with that tbh. There's always the 'what if x gets injured' argument, but you could apply that anywhere.

Maybe there's some truth in the Ben Yedder rumours.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan deal tbh.

Larsson style.

Maybe its time to Defoe and bunks to finally get their dream?

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:33 PM
AK14

Quote:
Don't disagree with that tbh. There's always the 'what if x gets injured' argument, but you could apply that anywhere.

Maybe there's some truth in the Ben Yedder rumours.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan deal tbh.

Larsson style.

Maybe its time to Defoe and bunks to finally get their dream?
Loan deal for a certain Swedish striker once the MLS seasons ends...

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Loan deal for a certain Swedish striker once the MLS seasons ends...

Just to annoy Red Santos.

Unread 20-07-2019, 12:42 PM
MartialLaw

3 minutes in for the first Rash n Hope

Unread 20-07-2019, 01:30 PM
Jack Duckworth

sulking sat on the bench, the big wazzock.

Unread 20-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
In this market, he’s easily worth 70m to any club who rates him enough to want him. It’s not like it’s a lower level club trying to buy because he’s not good enough for a higher level. It’s serie A and inter Milan.

Unread 20-07-2019, 03:38 PM
ZiggyStardust

Good match for getting this done

By God do Inter need some presence and quality up top

Give us an offer of 60 mill plus 20 mill of very realistic bonuses and it’s a done deal

Unread 20-07-2019, 05:49 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Good match for getting this done

By God do Inter need some presence and quality up top

Give us an offer of 60 mill plus 20 mill of very realistic bonuses and it’s a done deal
60m + 5 grand for every time he falls over trying to control a 5 yard pass.
Closed Thread