United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2010, 11:54 AM
MJ Ramone

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 1) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Indeed. Germany was our only decent game of that campaign really, and a whole myth factory has been built around it
Nah, the Cameroon game was decent...+ a last kick of the game winner against Belgium. Exciting stuff (at the time)

I know it's about as un-Top Red as you can get, but I think there'd be a pretty decent atmosphere & a buzz in the air if England had done well this year & were playing a Semi Final tonight.

Unread 07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (Semi Finals Match 1) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Nah, the Cameroon game was decent...+ a last kick of the game winner against Belgium. Exciting stuff (at the time)
Yeah, but we didn't play particularly well in either - Belgium were the best team over the 120 minutes and Cameroon might have embarassed us had they been a bit less naive (intriguing, isn't it, how they totally flopped four years later - maybe USA'94 was just much superior??)

Having said that, we did also have the better of the draw with the Dutch in the group stage (Gazza with some lovely cameos, IIRC)

So let's make that two good games for England, then

Unread 07-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Switching Off

Titanic me if necessary but the Beeb are talking about this, and I haven't seen it:

Quote:
I wonder how Bastian Schweinsteiger feels about facing Germany's conquerors from the Euro 2008 final? The midfielder found himself in the midst of a Spanish conga after the game as he tried to hold himself together for the German press in the mixed zone - and he was not a happy bunny. This video is not hard to find on t'internet. Check it out.
Stuck at work or i'd have a look.

Unread 07-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Titanic me if necessary but the Beeb are talking about this, and I haven't seen it:

Stuck at work or i'd have a look.
Its the 3rd post in the germany thread.

Unread 07-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Its the 3rd post in the germany thread.

Unread 07-07-2010, 05:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
I only caught the highlights on bbc last night - how did it work without Beglin there? Couldn't they find anyone else who could simply sit there and watch the action replays and describe what was happening?
Obviously ITV couldn't find anyone else as shit as Beggers so they left Tyldesley to go it alone.It was actually better imo.

He's the worst is Beggers, isn't he?

Unread 07-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Obviously ITV couldn't find anyone else as shit as Beggers so they left Tyldesley to go it alone.It was actually better imo.

He's the worst is Beggers, isn't he?
Closed Thread