United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Two superb 19 year olds on the left flank.

The future is bright, NQAT.

Unread 26-10-2014, 07:44 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Two superb 19 year olds on the left flank.

The future is bright, NQAT.

if Nani had the exact same game as Januzaj today he would have been slaughtered....

Unread 26-10-2014, 07:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington avenue
if Nani had the exact same game as Januzaj today he would have been slaughtered....
Very true.

Thought he was decent today. Him and Shaw seem to have a good understanding.

Unread 26-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Providing multiple balls on a plate he had a couple of wayward shots on goal he was more than entitled to. Good all round game and I'd like to see him on the left with Shaw next week

Unread 26-10-2014, 07:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Played well and hopefully shut up some of the stupid @#%&!s on here

Still can play much better but he should feel much better after that and will hopefully go from strength to strength

Played the pass of the match to van Persie in the first half

Unread 26-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Ethers

Had good moments, nice bits of link up with the full backs. Looks short on ideas at times though and tends to slow things down too much. Doesn't seem to be able to beat players at pace.

Unread 26-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
And if had played like Di Maria?

You have to accept wingers will make mistakes, give the ball away and frustrate. Some people can't do that, have know more than a few Utd fans who despised Giggs.

Unread 26-10-2014, 07:52 PM
barca99

Quote:
Perhaps, but nano is supposed to be older and wiser. He's not a kid any more he should be at his peak

Unread 26-10-2014, 07:58 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Providing multiple balls on a plate he had a couple of wayward shots on goal he was more than entitled to. Good all round game and I'd like to see him on the left with Shaw next week

my point exactly...........if a winger does his job plus creates 2 or 3 clear chances a game that is all you can ask for imo...i love a winger i do

not everyone is Ronaldo or Bale

Unread 26-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Like Adnan a lot. His major problem is slowing play down and not releasing the ball quick enough. Not too difficult to be coached out of him.

Unread 26-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Like Adnan a lot. His major problem is slowing play down and not releasing the ball quick enough. Not too difficult to be coached out of him.
He seems to be very cautious in possession compared to last season, and he obviously doesn't want the team losing possession as soon as he gets the ball. It's quite good for a young player to think like that IMO, and it shows a certain level of maturity.

He linked up well with Shaw today (both only 19 ), and showed good awareness of the overlap. He did the same thing at West Brom, and slipped Rafael into the byline a few times, which Moyes would have loved.

He played a superb pass into Van Persie in the first half today, too. Perfect weight and timing, which split Chelsea apart and should have led to the opening goal.

I think if he gets a run of games we'll see more confidence and willingness in him to beat his man and go on those mazy runs that we saw last season. Brilliant talent, and is maturing nicely.

Unread 26-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Marlon Van Baron

This guy is not only slow paced but he also slows down general play whenever he receives the ball. I don't recall him beating a single man in the last two games.

At the moment we cannot accommodate a winger that has £#%&! all pace, never beats a man and hardly ever scores.

Every time he received the ball out wide today he would take a touch and come back inside. By which time either the full back had closed him down or he was being doubled up on.

Unread 26-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Vedder

Much better today.

Clearly not a winger though. I'd like to see him central.

Unread 02-11-2014, 06:38 PM
barrington avenue

Januzaj will not become one of europes best or anywhere near it...he offers zero atm...no pace,no trick,cant cross wont cross,

he has done nowt since his first few games!

the new Kiko imo

Unread 02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Januzaj will not become one of europes best or anywhere near it...he offers zero atm...no pace,no trick,cant cross wont cross,

he has done nowt since his first few games!

the new Kiko imo
Well, that's a very silly assessment. He had the measure of Clichy more than once and was one of two in a unbalanced right hand side. Him not taking defenders on is puzzling

Unread 02-11-2014, 06:42 PM
magic_cantona

Still seems decidedly scared to take people on

Good control, pace etc but he's definitely regressed since last season.

Unread 02-11-2014, 06:44 PM
dragflick

Was causing them all sorts of problems before he unluckily had to go off?

Sparky***

I thought clichy had an extremely comfortable afternoon against him. Constantly receiving it with his back to goal, clichy pushing him inside all the time and i can't remember a single time he got in behind him.

ScarFace

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Well, that's a very silly assessment. He had the measure of Clichy more than once and was one of two in a unbalanced right hand side. Him not taking defenders on is puzzling
He did nothing.
He never does anything.

He was given the ball more than any other player and did ZERO with it.

He gets the ball, does that stupid babysteps shimmy and ends up giving it away.

I £#%&!ing hate Nani but he pisses all over this little £#%&!.

Jesus even Valencia is more of a threat going forward.

He isn't a winger or if he is.....he's a shit one.

Unread 02-11-2014, 06:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
He isn't a winger or if he is.....he's a shit one.
he isn't really a winger, though, is he?
Closed Thread