United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:25 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Is it £#%&!. We are capable of hammering teams on our day. Just needs to be a case of unshackling some self belief and free flowing spirit in the team. Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's possible we will do it, but they are professional sportsmen FFS - at least the manager and the players should £#%&!ing well give it a go.
aye. i point you in the direction of everton, wigan and last night's game.

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:26 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
The only approach we should have on Sunday is to come up with a team that can absolutely batter Swansea - any notion of just getting a win and hoping City slip up should be thrown out the window. We need to come up with a team that can score shit loads.

Here's who I'd start with.

De Gea
Rafael Smalling Rio Fabio
Valencia Scholes Cleverly Nani
Rooney Berbatov

Bringing on Cheech early second half, maybe even leaving on Rooney and Berbatov.

Very £#%&!ing hard to be positive this morning, but we must, and I mean must, attack from the off, relentlessly and without mercy, irrespective of everything else and whether or not it actually matters.
Had we started Berbs in the 'easy' fixture list run that started in March, the goaldifference might be in our favour. Very odd how Fergie all of a sudden froze him out considering Cheech and Welbz's recent problems. Young players cannot be relied upon to play every week.

Agree with the sentiment of the thread but think the only way we'll win the league is via city drawing. Even if City win 0-1 on Sunday and we rattle 5 or 6 past the Swans - City have qpr at home on the last day.

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:30 AM
saffers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
some @#%&! with a "abu dhabi blues" city shirt. he wound me up no end all night and ended shouting "MUNICH MUNICH" in my face so I £#%&!ing leathered him. Any other day I would have walked off laughing but this time I didn't. I'll pm you the rest of the details later.
Serves him right for mocking the dead, don't feel guilty about it. Even if we'd won 4-0 last night you should have leathered him for it.

You've got a boat now so you should have dealt with him Dexter style

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
some @#%&! with a "abu dhabi blues" city shirt. he wound me up no end all night and ended shouting "MUNICH MUNICH" in my face so I £#%&!ing leathered him. Any other day I would have walked off laughing but this time I didn't. I'll pm you the rest of the details later.

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:37 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
aye. i point you in the direction of everton, wigan and last night's game.
All shit performances, firstly due to complaceny, secondly due to bottle, thirdly due to just shitness. We are due an end to this shitty run!

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:50 AM
captain scarlet

Agree with Bazza. It would be nice to go out with a bang rather than a whimper though I am not sure that will be this teams reaction.

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Had we started Berbs in the 'easy' fixture list run that started in March, the goaldifference might be in our favour. Very odd how Fergie all of a sudden froze him out considering Cheech and Welbz's recent problems. Young players cannot be relied upon to play every week.
Not just his goal threat, but the composure he brings to the play, the knowledge that even though he may slow the game down and frustrate at times he rarely makes basic mistakes on the ball.

Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez have all had spells this season they have struggled badly with the ball. It is hard to create fluent football with key players with those issues

A long way of saying that more technical ability is needed in attacking areas. Outside of Nani and Berbatov with Giggs and Scholes that is sadly lacking.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:01 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Apparently Welbeck left the boo camp with a protective cast on his ankle.
Hope he misses the Euro's.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:02 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Berba MUST start. MUST!

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Jethro

Thumbs up

Quote:
That's brightened up my morning.........................just a bit.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:05 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Not just his goal threat, but the composure he brings to the play, the knowledge that even though he may slow the game down and frustrate at times he rarely makes basic mistakes on the ball.

Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez have all had spells this season they have struggled badly with the ball. It is hard to create fluent football with key players with those issues

A long way of saying that more technical ability is needed in attacking areas. Outside of Nani and Berbatov with Giggs and Scholes that is sadly lacking.
That is what needs to be addressed in the summer.

No brainless destroyer ala De Jong/Fellaini, an intelligent ball winning tackler who can move the ball quickly with great technique(M'Vila/Martinez).

If we're serious about winning the European cup again, we HAVE to sign one of these in addition to an attacking midfielder. It's that simple.

If we want to settle for CL mediocrity and winning the odd league without playing the United way then you harass an ill man to keep playing through his disease, bully 38 year olds into being first choice players for the biggest team in the land and count on drink driving obese wasters.

Freshening the midfield up with quality will transform our team. Look what a difference there was when we had a fully fit Cleverley and Anderson? Makes you wonder what would happen if we bought proven top notch.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
That is what needs to be addressed in the summer.

No brainless destroyer ala De Jong/Fellaini, an intelligent ball winning tackler who can move the ball quickly with great technique(M'Vila/Martinez).

If we're serious about winning the European cup again, we HAVE to sign one of these in addition to an attacking midfielder. It's that simple.

If we want to settle for CL mediocrity and winning the odd league without playing the United way then you harass an ill man to keep playing through his disease, bully 38 year olds into being first choice players for the biggest team in the land and count on drink driving obese wasters.
Arsenal bound, if the rumours are to be believed.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:07 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

People just giving up :shakehead:

Its over when its over, last night was a shit display and city look unstoppable now but ffs we are level on points, anything can happen.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

g2c

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

Its over when its over, last night was a shit display and city look unstoppable now but ffs we are level on points, anything can happen.
Like losing the league on goal difference

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:10 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Like losing the league on goal difference
Yes, if it does it does but I for one wouldn't be giving in level on points

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:18 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

it's neck and neck on points.... but not on confidence and form.

we've stuttered and faultered, city have unbelieavable confidence now... they will steam roller sides....

you can't even be sure united will beat swansea.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Time For Heroes

Do we play before Ciddy? If so at least I can watch it with a glimmer of hope.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:20 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
it's neck and neck on points.... but not on confidence and form.

we've stuttered and faultered, city have unbelieavable confidence now... they will steam roller sides....

you can't even be sure united will beat swansea.
True but since when did we give up?

If they were 6 clear with 2 to go I could understand it.

Sunday is literally massive and the pressure on city will be huge.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

g2c
Felt the same way last night, lucky you didn't come pol. No trouble with the blues I was with just the 'neutrals' cheering the demise of United....@#%&!s the lot of them.

Still, I did get the biggest laugh of the night near the endwhen Hart was rolling around on the floor and the pub went silent just as I shouted...'Oh get up Hart you fat @#%&!!'
Closed Thread