United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2007, 11:04 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
What if they got it in their Jehri curls ? Also bubblies lead to more dangerous sweets. I wouldn't want Fabio to take a corner just as he's biting into an apple sour starburst for example.
I think its a good thing, they will end up like Patrice. In fact Patrice can school them in the art of British penny sweets when they arrive in January.

Unread 28-08-2007, 11:06 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I think its a good thing, they will end up like Patrice. In fact Patrice can school them in the art of British penny sweets when they arrive in January.

I could never be arsed taking the wrappers off mojos, just ate them with the wrapper still on. Wouldn't recommend doing that with a twix tbh.

Unread 28-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Elsey

Quote:
I think we should all start learning Portuegese, in order to shout approval/dissaproval to the growing number of native speakers at our club.
This isn't the Emirates, lets keep the language English.

Unread 28-08-2007, 11:09 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I could never be arsed taking the wrappers off mojos, just ate them with the wrapper still on. Wouldn't recommend doing that with a twix tbh.
you, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar when it comes to culinary etiquette of the chew variety. I was exactly the same myself, and now crave for a sherbert filled flying saucer and some toffee bon-bons.

Unread 28-08-2007, 11:12 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsey
This isn't the Emirates, lets keep the language English.
I agree, however facts are facts and for the first time in our history we are becomming as foreign as anybody else in the PL. £#%&! me, with Queiroz in charge of training Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, The Twins, pretty soon the dominant language of our first team could really be Porteguese. Its a sad state of affairs, but unfortunately the current demands of the modern English game has forced this on us, not the other way round .

Unread 28-08-2007, 12:35 PM
sharath

Quote:
thanks for the insight. I didn't see much of the tournament, but heard they looked superb. Guess you were watching some of the games - whats your view Sharath ?
They looked good. Fabio the captain is like neville in terms of leadership and like alves attacking. He is all over the pitch effectively. Like evra he has pace to get back to his position if he has caught up field. I think he could be a better player than rafael the second one. I am very surprised at the level of finishing these boys have. I look around at english under 17 team or our own team strikers and I find them struggling to bring down a simple ball with a good touch. In our youth team apart brandy ( who is also a bit erratic ) ajose is the only youngster with a really good touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What would the point of them training at United for 6 months but not playing be? Surely they'b be better off staying in Brazil and playing competetive matches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
To get them settled in England and train them defensively?
what crumps said. moreover be familiar with team mates, english game and climate.

If I am not wrong thats what MIlan are doing with pato. he isn't 18 years old but they are still getting him to italy just to train with them and play in unofficial youth games or friendlies.

Unread 28-08-2007, 12:39 PM
sharath

they certainly have portugese passports. they don't need work permits.

Unread 28-08-2007, 02:15 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Thanks Sharath. Have read great things about Flavio, and seen some of his goals here. Sounds like a real quality find. Look forward to seeing them in action soon.

Unread 28-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Serenity Now

If anyone's interested, Brazil-Ghana is on live tomorrow on Eurosport 2 at 12:00. Both of the twins should be playing, as should the likes of Lulinha and Alex.

Unread 28-08-2007, 02:31 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
If anyone's interested, Brazil-Ghana is on live tomorrow on Eurosport 2 at 12:00. Both of the twins should be playing, as should the likes of Lulinha and Alex.

only get eurosport 1, but thanks for the info.

Unread 28-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
only get eurosport 1, but thanks for the info.
You should be able to stream it live on FIFA.com as well. All the games are being broadcast on there.

Unread 28-08-2007, 03:15 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
You should be able to stream it live on FIFA.com as well. All the games are being broadcast on there.
I don't think it is free. Is it?

Unread 28-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
I don't think it is free. Is it?
Should be free. I know the U-20 World Cup was.

Unread 28-08-2007, 03:39 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

cool. streaming football it shall be, then (so long as its free).

Unread 26-04-2011, 10:20 PM
BarryX

Default Re: The twins in January.

how time fly's. both have played their part this season. great to see Fabio play so well in a EUROPEAN CUP SEMI FINAL These lads are the business. The futures bright.

Unread 26-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Rhodzy

Fabio is £#%&!ing awesome.

Unread 26-04-2011, 10:41 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
must have been tough for him watching raf get all the breaks whilst he was continuously injured. delighted he's getting a run now.

they're both excellent prospects. full backs sorted for the next ten years!

Unread 26-04-2011, 10:42 PM
RedMenace

Love Twins Hate O'Shea (I don't actually I rate O'Shea as a squad player but the twins are great fun)

Unread 26-04-2011, 10:44 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up Re: The twins in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
aint that the truth. the way he just appeared, seemingly in a center left midfield position, and took them apart, in that one mazey run in the first half, was incredible. for a lad. playing right back. I reckon we're going to see lots of goals from him - the one thing Evra seems to be missing from his own awesomeness. Love Fabio me.

Unread 26-04-2011, 11:16 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
aint that the truth. the way he just appeared, seemingly in a center left midfield position, and took them apart, in that one mazey run in the first half, was incredible. for a lad. playing right back. I reckon we're going to see lots of goals from him - the one thing Evra seems to be missing from his own awesomeness. Love Fabio me.
The way he upped the gears and left them standing in that break in the 1st

half was quality, twinnie 1 or 2 whoever it was could of had 2 toneet
Closed Thread