Hyman_Roth

Unread 17-02-2021, 11:25 PM
Sapien

Unread 17-02-2021, 11:39 PM
Sparky***

Well, that's £#%&!ing depressing.

Unread 17-02-2021, 11:43 PM
Cream

A point clear for every pound I put on us the other day.

Still got it.

Unread 17-02-2021, 11:50 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well, that's £#%&!ing depressing.

Imagine at the start of the season Sparky saying us being 2nd in the table would be depressing

You’re a card.

Unread 17-02-2021, 11:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Imagine at the start of the season Sparky saying us being 2nd in the table would be depressing

You’re a card.
Ah you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be a bit gutted at how we've let it slip.

Not unexpected but at the same time it's a bit of a gut punch.

Unread 18-02-2021, 12:03 AM
20LEgend1999

0 people had us finishing 2nd in the pre-season poll. Not that we'll necessarily finish there, nor does it really mean anything, but more people thought we'd finish "Stone Roses" than 2nd in the league.

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...37#post5443637

Unread 18-02-2021, 12:04 AM
silv

Quote:
Ah you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be a bit gutted at how we've let it slip.

It is gutting and anyone who denies it isn’t being truthful I fear

Unread 18-02-2021, 12:11 AM
originalhogg

Losing interest when a football team have unlimitet funds, the project really have made it boring, yeah great squad etc, what do you expect though...

Unread 18-02-2021, 12:14 AM
Ethers

Quote:

It’s a bit disappointing, but this season has been far better already than a lot of people predicted, so I’m finding it hard to get too down about things.

Unread 18-02-2021, 12:22 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s a bit disappointing, but this season has been far better already than a lot of people predicted, so I’m finding it hard to get too down about things.
Pretty much where I am

But I can see us falling away even more and being dragged into a scrap for top 4 again, which will really £#%&! me off.

Just hope I’m wrong yet again and we catch a second wind.

Unread 18-02-2021, 12:41 AM
ryanMUFC

Our poor home form/defence has been the main reason for us falling short this season. city spent over £100m on their defence in the summer.

Unread 18-02-2021, 02:27 AM
Cream

City's 17th straight win in all comps, I just read.

Quote:
By beating Everton they also become the first team in English top-flight history to win their opening 10 matches in a calendar year.
ffs. Suppose if one of them and Liverpool fell away the other would mop up.

Unread 18-02-2021, 08:46 AM
MUFC One Love

Wiganste nailed it. As soon as this lot got to the top their arse fell out.

Still to many players who haven't got the character for it.

Fair enough with citys run they would probably be top anyway but we should be closer.

We've needed a right winger for years and still haven't addressed it.

There will be more pissing about in the market this summer no doubt.

We really need a centre back, right winger and a midfielder to replace Pogba who will be sold.

Unread 18-02-2021, 08:59 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Wiganste nailed it. As soon as this lot got to the top their arse fell out.

Still to many players who haven't got the character for it.

Fair enough with citys run they would probably be top anyway but we should be closer.

We've needed a right winger for years and still haven't addressed it.

There will be more pissing about in the market this summer no doubt.

We really need a centre back, right winger and a midfielder to replace Pogba who will be sold.
There's not been enough character in this team for years. We're Arsenal from the late 2000's onwards. No bite or spirit.

Bless Maguire, he gets a lot of (imo) unwarranted stick, but he tries. He was continuously trying to force something against West Brom while everyone else spent 90 minutes looking as flat as a pancake.

Need more players with the desire to stand up and try to take the game by the balls when things just aren't going our way.

Unread 18-02-2021, 09:07 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
There's not been enough character in this team for years. We're Arsenal from the late 2000's onwards. No bite or spirit.

Bless Maguire, he gets a lot of (imo) unwarranted stick, but he tries. He was continuously trying to force something against West Brom while everyone else spent 90 minutes looking as flat as a pancake.

Need more players with the desire to stand up and try to take the game by the balls when things just aren't going our way.
Agree, I don't get the shit Maguire gets. Lindelof isn't good enough and doesn't have the %@#$&!s.

We will struggle to win a league title with the likes of Martial in attack too. He's just not made to play for the big trophies at United.

You just know there is a good chance this lot get dragged into a battle to just finish in the top 4. We should cruise top 3, even 2 really. But we won't.

Unread 18-02-2021, 09:53 AM
Mr_Ed

It’s the hope that kills you. A few excellent performances sprinkled over the cake that is very poor performances.

We can’t defend for our lives and don’t have a plan b.

Other than that it’s been a great season so far.

Unread 18-02-2021, 11:28 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
It’s the hope that kills you. A few excellent performances sprinkled over the cake that is very poor performances.

We can’t defend for our lives and don’t have a plan b.

Other than that it’s been a great season so far.
Still second in the league. So we are defending better than 18 others. I get that’s not where we want to be, we want to be first and better than everyone but that won’t happen until we het a few players in. We can’t throw 200 million in a window and get 4 world class players. With Woodward one in every 10 signings we make is a good signing.

Just hope we manage to fluke another good player . If diallo breaks through into the first team we might be ok in needing just a CB CM and CF. The club is in the best position both on and off the pitch since Ferguson retired. It’s still a bit shit but atleast there is optimism. ( no doubt for Woodward to flush it down after a poor window in the summer )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Agree, I don't get the shit Maguire gets. Lindelof isn't good enough and doesn't have the balls.

We will struggle to win a league title with the likes of Martial in attack too. He's just not made to play for the big trophies at United.

You just know there is a good chance this lot get dragged into a battle to just finish in the top 4. We should cruise top 3, even 2 really. But we won't.
Look at all the goals we concede , I bet you lindelof plays a part in about 80% of them due to not marking his man or losing a header or being too slow .

Play Bailey next to maguire and maguire looks like a much more assured defender.

Unread 18-02-2021, 11:36 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Still second in the league. So we are defending better than 18 others. I get that’s not where we want to be, we want to be first and better than everyone but that won’t happen until we het a few players in. We can’t throw 200 million in a window and get 4 world class players. With Woodward one in every 10 signings we make is a good signing.

Just hope we manage to fluke another good player . If diallo breaks through into the first team we might be ok in needing just a CB CM and CF. The club is in the best position both on and off the pitch since Ferguson retired. It’s still a bit shit but atleast there is optimism. ( no doubt for Woodward to flush it down after a poor window in the summer )

Look at all the goals we concede , I bet you lindelof plays a part in about 80% of them due to not marking his man or losing a header or being too slow .

Play Bailey next to maguire and maguire looks like a much more assured defender.
I’ll ignore the fact that Villa, Burnley and Brighton have conceded less shall I?

We’ll be a much better side if we tighten up at the back - at the risk of staying the obvious.

Unread 18-02-2021, 12:43 PM
wiganste

Can we lock this thread until next season please?
Closed Thread