Default David James is bankrupt

What a shame.

Thought he was supposed to be smart

Unread 15-05-2014, 11:45 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Waaaheeey

Unread 15-05-2014, 11:54 PM
taff

talent-wise, or has he just run out of money?

Unread 16-05-2014, 01:48 AM
The taste of...

Be a white suit coming up on ebay then.

Unread 16-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Crumps

Morally.

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:01 AM
silv

No sympathy for bankrupt footballers ever

How can you lose so much money?!

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Stickman

He needs to rent Hung.

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:40 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

It's not his fault that he, probably, stuck loads of money into tax avoidance schemes which funnily enough turned out not to be 100% legal. I could be wrong but that what seems to do for most of them.

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:41 AM
rogieop

Remember reading that djemba djemba had to ask fergie for an advance on his wages. He was earning 30k a week Ffs. Only way footballers can go bankrupt is addiction or pure greedyness (sp) which this case seems...

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:41 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

poorly advised.

A lot of footballers lack the intelligence and life skills to deal with life after football. Everything is done for them and put on a plate when they are attached to a club that when they retire and leave football they just dont have a clue. Its almost like they are institutionalised when they retire. I do think clubs and their unions need an exit strategy after their careers come to an end.

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:43 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
poorly advised.

Its almost like they are institutionalised when they retire. I do think clubs and their unions need an exit strategy after their careers come to an end.
or...£#%&! 'em the silver spooned spoiled @#%&!s.

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:44 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
Remember reading that djemba djemba had to ask fergie for an advance on his wages. He was earning 30k a week Ffs. Only way footballers can go bankrupt is addiction or pure greedyness (sp) which this case seems...
gambling addiction amongst players is rife, 20 years ago it was alcohol now it is internet gambling. A lot of young players are removed from their families and at a club from a young age and just have too much time on their hands and fall in to gambling to pass the time away and then just get hooked.

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:46 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
or...£#%&! 'em the silver spooned spoiled @#%&!s.
I had one retired player come to me and he seriously didnt know how to tax his car. Its all done for them so they can concentrate on their job.

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Switching Off

It beggars belief that they dont pay off their house and stick about three mill in some blue chips or a tracker and play with the rest. We manage wealth for quite a few footballers and its astonishing how many have mortgages.

That said James probably has some squirrelled away and this is strategic to lose some debts. Plus he can still earn.

Clubs definitely need to take their pastoral responsibilities more seriously.

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:54 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
It beggars belief that they dont pay off their house and stick about three mill in some blue chips or a tracker and play with the rest. We manage wealth for quite a few footballers and its astonishing how many have mortgages.

That said James probably has some squirrelled away and this is strategic to lose some debts. Plus he can still earn.

Clubs definitely need to take their pastoral responsibilities more seriously.
He actually seems to be doing it at least partly to spite his ex wife from reading one of the articles. She filed for divorce, he filed for bankruptcy.

Unread 16-05-2014, 07:59 AM
puressence

At least he had the honour ofplaying upfront for man city

Unread 16-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Crumps

30 for 30, Broke is worth a watch. £#%&!ing NFL players support 30 odd friends and family.

Unread 16-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I had one retired player come to me and he seriously didnt know how to tax his car. Its all done for them so they can concentrate on their job.
How are things at the Post Office pal?

Unread 16-05-2014, 08:06 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
30 for 30, Broke is worth a watch. £#%&!ing NFL players support 30 odd friends and family.
Top espn doc

Unread 16-05-2014, 08:07 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
How are things at the Post Office pal?
Closed Thread