United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:26 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
imagine if we'd had Jose during the Glazer take over. Not saying the bloke is suited to our club but he would've been more outspoken about the whole situation than Fergie.
i don't agree. fergie was capable of being very outspoken when he felt the need - comments about refs, the league, players, other managers, that £#%&!ing horse, martin edwards, the fa, the fans, uefa etc.

i don't think fergie has kept quiet because he's worried about his job or his salary or anything like that. i think he's now so detached from the fan base that he really does think the poisonous dwarf has been 'nothing but good for the club'.

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
What WUM?

Am I missing something?
Effers pimping of Jose isa WUM, I argue with him about it on Red Ish but didn't think he bothered with it here?

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:28 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Effers pimping of Jose isa WUM, I argue with him about it on Red Ish but didn't think he bothered with it here?

Right......

Get you now.

I £#%&!ing hate divs posting the same thread/WUMS/shite on both forums.I'm still baffled as to why they do it.

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Right......

Get you now.

I £#%&!ing hate divs posting the same thread/WUMS/shite on both forums.I'm still baffled as to why they do it.
Cast a wide net and get more reactions.

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:30 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
imagine if we'd had Jose during the Glazer take over. Not saying the bloke is suited to our club but he would've been more outspoken about the whole situation than Fergie.
He would have been, not for the fans, though, but because he would have been worried about transfer funds. Just like he is now when he's had unlimited funds to spend.

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:33 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Right......

Get you now.

I posted it on both forums as not everyone has the pleasure of being over this side.
Its also the first time I have done it

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Right......

Get you now.

I sometimes post the same thread on both forums. Different audience innit and I have to do my Official team thread on both. I'm sad that you "£#%&!ing hate" me.

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I sometimes post the same thread on both forums. Different audience innit and I have to do my Official team thread on both. I'm sad that you "£#%&!ing hate" me.
No, I love you.

I don't know why, but it irks me seeing the same thread 'over there'.

Odd aren't I?

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:55 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
jose hold fire to the end of the season then join us ..
I'd rather we were relegated, then have that @#%&! with his brand of anti-football at United

Unread 11-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
jose hold fire to the end of the season then join us ..
for whatever occasional sane point you preach, you do have some £#%&!in crazy ideas lee.

Unread 11-01-2007, 01:04 PM
evian

interesting that someone mentions tommy doc on a thread about the happily married and faithful sardine trawlerman made good.

Unread 11-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Lazarus

Jose has bought mostly shit. If you analyse his signings they've nearly all been crapola. All the top Chelsea boys were bought by Ranieri - even dogbreath was in the process of being bought before Jose joined.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:38 PM
S/Side.Red

It's suicide for them not to buy a defender if there are doubts over Terry's fitness.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's suicide for them not to buy a defender if there are doubts over Terry's fitness.
The troubleis, Jose and his mates have no idea how to go out and get a good younghungry player at a reasonable price. They only understand finding the biggest most over-priced name they can and causing havoc that leaves a sour taste in the mouth in trying to sign him. Unfortunately for them, no-one seems to be indulging them this time.

Unread 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
The troubleis, Jose and his mates have no idea how to go out and get a good younghungry player at a reasonable price. They only understand finding the biggest most over-priced name they can and causing havoc that leaves a sour taste in the mouth in trying to sign him. Unfortunately for them, no-one seems to be indulging them this time.
Yeah. I thought his comments last week about not being stupid in the transfer market and unwilling to pay inflated prices was pretty amusing.

They certainly can't change their attitude now. There was a rumour about them taking Jorge Andrade on loan. I was expecting them to do that kind of deal, but it'd be great for us if they end up with nobody.

To be honest, Jose's record in the transfer market means that Terry being out is probably the most crucial thing, whether they buy or not.

Unread 11-01-2007, 04:00 PM
chorleyred

Quote:

to be fair

chelsea are in a similar position to us, we come knocking and the price immediately trebles. the way chelsea have thrown money around, and the fact everyone knows about the russian's money, and his previous get them in at whatever price we have to pay, now has them reaping the same price increases.

I understand part of the problem is that he wants good young players, not the likes of shevchenko and ballack which have been bought without him wanting them

and as much as I can't stand the @#%&!, look at what he's won, regardless of cash, which other clubs have had the monopoly on at other times, and you'd have to be pretty blinkered to say he's not done well for chelsea or porto. his players, or the majority of his stars seem to love him

i can't stand the @#%&!, but saying he's a bad manager is just silly imo.

and some might say his reputation would grow if he took the decision to walk away from the money rather than have the players he buys chosen for him by the @#%&! kenyon

and with regards to him being more outspoken than ferguson had he been in charge, that's %@#$&!s imo. we forget that we love the clubs we follow, they are just employees who can walk away if the shit hits the fan.

Unread 11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Chorley, yes they are in a similar popsition to us, yet we managed to rebuild half of our defence for a totalof £13 million 12 months ago. They on the other handused every underhand tactic they could to fork out £30 million for a £#%&!ing left back and lost their 2nd best (actually best imo) CB doing it.

Unread 11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
borsuk

Default to be fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
chelsea are in a similar position to us
they're not.

and if you'd said
Quote:
I understand part of the problem is that he says he wants wants good young players, not the likes of shevchenko and ballack which have been bought without him wanting them
then i'd agree. there has been no sign whatsoever of him having the slightest interest in developing young talent. the only young players he has bought have already been internationals and their careers have gone backwards.

Unread 11-01-2007, 04:13 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Chorley, yes they are in a similar popsition to us, yet we managed to rebuild half of our defence for a totalof £13 million 12 months ago. They on the other handused every underhand tactic they could to fork out £30 million for a £#%&!ing left back and lost their 2nd best (actually best imo) CB doing it.

agreed, but this is mourinhos issue as well from reports. he didn't want ballack, he didn't want shev, he didn't want to sell gallas, possibly didn't want mikel

i'm not saying he's blameless by any means, but from what it looks like, kenyon is pulling more strings at chelsea than mourinho is

he's snide, but I have to grudgingly say he is also a good manager, much the same as wenger (although he can usually find time to praise other teams and react to defeat better than wenger)

if he chooses to walk away because he doesn't want the likes of ballack and shev, or the hype created by the russian, I say fair play to him in a way

Unread 11-01-2007, 04:21 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
they're not.

and if you'd saidthen i'd agree. there has been no sign whatsoever of him having the slightest interest in developing young talent. the only young players he has bought have already been internationals and their careers have gone backwards.
hardly true is it. of course some would go backwards, mainly due to the wasted talent sat on benches for long periods, but many have received more attention since plying under him.

developing young talent takes years and years, it doesn't happen overnight. we did well for a period with developing kids, but it took fergie years. and how many in the class of the 92 youth team we brought through have we seen over recent years. for my money since eric harrison and kiddo left united we haven't looked like bringing many kids through at all.

we got unbelievably lucky with all the great kids we had at the same time.

wenger is probably the best at developing youngsters, and the manager I hate the most in the league
Closed Thread