United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2021, 01:03 AM
tatty

I suspect for him to be effective he would need the whole Ajax set-up to come with him.

Or the Glazer's could go for the cheap option with Poch/Southgate.

Unread 04-11-2021, 01:05 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I suspect for him to be effective he would need the whole Ajax set-up to come with him.

Or the Glazer's could go for the cheap option with Poch/Southgate.
Most managers bring their coaching staff with them....

No idea how we ended up with phelan, Carrick and McKenna though...

Unread 04-11-2021, 01:08 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Most managers bring their coaching staff with them....

No idea how we ended up with phelan, Carrick and McKenna though...
McKenna was hired by Mou, made sense to keep some continuity as the players definitely looked well-coached back then.

Unread 04-11-2021, 01:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
McKenna was hired by Mou, made sense to keep some continuity as the players definitely looked well-coached back then.
agreed mate, if there's one thing we needed it was an ex spurs youth team player with a shattered knee and an NVQ in sports management

Unread 04-11-2021, 01:28 AM
Baron

Ten Hag works beautifully for Ajax because the entire club is set up from the youngest age group to the first team to play a specific game. There isn’t a footballer at the club that doesn’t understand the Cryuff philosophy. Adherence to a code that runs deeper than anything probably any other club, other than Barca & their La Masia academy that also adheres to a variation of the same Cryuff blueprint. Decades upon decades of coaching the same ideal, we may or may not be able to parachute a coach of his quality in and expect results because a team full of £50m players, legends and & world class academy graduates should be able to adopt tactical instructions after three years right?

I don’t think we’re able to just expect the same outcomes because the conditions aren’t the same. But we should probably expect someone like Ten Hag to have ideas beyond his education & maybe be able to do more. Because it feels like it would be a real £#%&!ing low bar to do less when you spend the money we have, have world record purchases in multiple positions and still think what we’re seeing is OK.

I really think Ole has moved the needle forward, he’s just hit a ceiling. We need an elite coach, & hopefully he’s also a leader.

Worth waiting for the summer for him I think. The results are dazzling, caveats per the above as to whether he’s another beneficiary of a magnificent club structure or if he’s capable of adapting and building?

I’d be more excited if we had him tbh. Think it boils down to that. Also the tactics.

Unread 04-11-2021, 01:58 AM
Bunker Buster

Fair points on the set up there, but this is a guy with no Ajax history so to speak....

He's obviously very schooled in their set up and history, but he's found his own way around the league after a spell in the bundesliga, he took Utrecht into 5th and 4th place finishes...think it was the first Time they'd been in the Europa League...

He has a way his team's play, he's not afraid to rip up the 4-3-3 standard...

Quote:
.But I wasn’t the first to do this. I do remember that Adriaanse got a lot of flak when he started fiddling with the house style, but the qualities of the players determine the system, not the other way around. And it’s not even about systems. It’s about what you do in possession when you lose possession and in those turnaround moments. And you need to be able to change that up.”

Unread 04-11-2021, 02:04 AM
Baron

Quote:
Fair points on the set up there, but this is a guy with no Ajax history so to speak....

He's obviously very schooled in their set up and history, but he's found his own way around the league after a spell in the bundesliga, he took Utrecht into 5th and 4th place finishes...think it was the first Time they'd been in the Europa League...

He has a way his team's play, he's not afraid to rip up the 4-3-3 standard...
Promising, promising. Bunks with the deep cuts on the Ten Hag knowledge… could this lad be the one? We need the Dutch philosophy, Utd & total football is my ultimate dream. Not an overnight one… bring VDS with him?

To elaborate, without a VDS, does he have the right back room staff to compliment him? Do we have the back room staff / DOF / Chief Exec that has ever, just once, mirrored our managers vision post Ferguson to give the club the advantage it needs when you don’t have the greatest manager of all time?

No. Is the simple answer.

Utd employing Ten Hag is probably not enough. We need to implement a structural, cultural change. We’re half arsed, Ole does “Utd & youth” well in numbers, stats… more debuts, minutes, opportunities for academy players than any other PL side since he took charge. But conversely, he should because we’re Man Utd and we play youth. I don’t think he’s done it to the over achieving level you need to hit to be the best in the world. Sorry about the outrageous target mate, but we’re Man Utd, we win CL & PL’s. Can’t be limping out of a EL final like that. Or being swotted by the Scouse at home. Pitied. £#%&! me.

Unread 04-11-2021, 02:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Promising, promising. Bunks with the deep cuts on the Ten Hag knowledge… could this lad be the one? We need the Dutch philosophy, Utd & total football is my ultimate dream. Not an overnight one… bring VDS with him?
He's the one mate and hopefully he could bring Noussair Mazraoui with him...

It won't be overnight success as he took a season or two to get going at Ajax, but he adapts to the situations around him, yes they currently walk the eredivz, but it's in Europe it's interesting to see how well they adapt...

He was using de Jong as a the ultimate disruptive force when out of possession, using Blind as his in field voice, sitting deep ...a defensive sweeper type role, wingers that he likes to get chalk on Their boots, centre backs that aren't afraid to break forward with the ball...gave de ligt the captain's arm band at 19...

He's quite strict, but with a rock and roll personality....

High tempo, high pressing, work rate and desire...

It's a perfect match...

Unread 04-11-2021, 02:24 AM
Denis Irwell

Reckon we’d have to move for him before summer but can see Ole doing just enough to keep the job. Then city get him when Pep leaves. Depends if he’d succumb to temptation $$$$$… then there’s Barca, of course

Unread 04-11-2021, 02:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Reckon we’d have to move for him before summer but can see Ole doing just enough to keep the job. Then city get him when Pep leaves. Depends if he’d succumb to temptation $$$$$… then there’s Barca, of course
He won't leave mid season, been quoted as much....(think they have another good shot at big ears as well as the domestic title and cup)

Quote:
. Ten Hag has no plans to depart Amsterdam anytime soon, “There’s no reason for me to think about that now. I am very happy at Ajax and I give everything for the club, every day. I know you can’t plan anything in football, but you have to make an exceptional and extraordinary offer if I want to change my plans.”
Has worked with pep at Bayern though....

Barcelona job is currently one if the worst positions available in world football ...and looks like they are going for Xavi...

End of the season would tie everything together nicely....

Unread 04-11-2021, 02:35 AM
Baron

Quote:

It won't be overnight success as he took a season or two to get going at Ajax, but he adapts to the situations around him, yes they currently walk the eredivz, but it's in Europe it's interesting to see how well they adapt...

He was using de Jong as a the ultimate disruptive force when out of possession, using Blind as his in field voice, sitting deep ...a defensive sweeper type role, wingers that he likes to get chalk on Their boots, centre backs that aren't afraid to break forward with the ball...gave de ligt the captain's arm band at 19...

It's a perfect match...
Feel a bit giddy. None of that with Ole

Utd strive for a generational coach, we’re working with a perfunctory one. Again, he’s done all I ever asked of him, he’s reset Utd.. time to switch up and really rejoin the elite. Christ we’re just bait in the water right now.

Unread 04-11-2021, 02:39 AM
Bunker Buster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Feel a bit giddy. None of that with Ole

Utd strive for a generational coach, we’re working with a perfunctory one. Again, he’s done all I ever asked of him, he’s reset Utd.. time to switch up and really rejoin the elite. Christ we’re just bait in the water right now.
Don't do it to yourself, we get everything wrong....

Denis has just swayed me he's off to city now ...

If they win the treble why would he even leave...

Just do the right thing, ring Edwin tomorrow, let's get the ball rolling on this ..

Unread 04-11-2021, 02:49 AM
Baron

Does anyone at Utd care as much as we do about creating a legacy, regurgitating & innovating our own devotion to promoting youthful talent to supplement the best players in the world? £#%&!ing state of the @#%&!s we have. Ronaldo, Bruno, Mason, Marcus… anyone else? Yikes. What a team of mercenaries. Talent to burn (not you AWB) and just lazy, @#%&!ish flakes. Can’t take three years to have this as your reflection as a manager. Reflects appallingly on both the staff and the side.

Unread 04-11-2021, 03:35 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
He won't leave mid season, been quoted as much....(think they have another good shot at big ears as well as the domestic title and cup)

Has worked with pep at Bayern though....

Barcelona job is currently one if the worst positions available in world football ...and looks like they are going for Xavi...

End of the season would tie everything together nicely....
Was thinking May/June. Reckon his methods would take a while to get into the heads of this lot. Don’t know much about him though, tbh.

Would we meet “extraordinary and exceptional “ conditions? Dunno.

If he’s thinking $$$$, then city would

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:17 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

I doubt Richard Arnold or SAF are even considering this man.

The club is doomed with the people in charge.

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:25 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
I doubt Richard Arnold or SAF are even considering this man.

The club is doomed with the people in charge.
100%. Won’t have heard of Ten Hag but have heard of Pirelli tyres.

We’ll end up with Sam Allardyce because he’s a mate of Fergie's and drinks wine from pint pots.

Honestly think Fergie could be a major problem with our direction and decision making at the moment….

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:36 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Don't do it to yourself, we get everything wrong....

Denis has just swayed me he's off to city now ...

If they win the treble why would he even leave...

Just do the right thing, ring Edwin tomorrow, let's get the ball rolling on this ..
Utd: Edwin I know we haven’t used the last one you sold us but is there any chance with could have ten hag.

EDwin:…..GTF

But if the Glazers realised anything it should be that we need better out of the players we have and a Coach who can do that. If they get one it will mean they won’t need to be spending as much as the coach will develop what we have and also probably be looking to buy players he can develop into his system.

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:40 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Honestly think Fergie could be a major problem with our direction and decision making at the moment….
Same tbh

Can’t believe for a minute he thinks Oles about to come good.

Unread 04-11-2021, 08:45 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Would be our first baldie manager since McGuinness?
strange thought conte had signed

the issue as bunk pointed out .. wouldnt be an overnight sensation takes time .. £#%&! me you lose one game its bad enough two unforegiveable . this is the modern world does my head in .. personally think poch is absolutely nailed on next manager , but erik looks outstanding his team looks brilliant .

Unread 04-11-2021, 10:49 AM
Parlabane

Quote:

It's a perfect match...
Im sold - All in
Closed Thread