United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2021, 05:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
You're assuming this did happen and someone leaked it.
It’s some version of something that has occurred, I reckon.

Unread 05-04-2021, 05:15 PM
Vida_15

no great surprise if DeGea would be upset that he was going to get dropped as he's been our #1 for almost a decade

however....henderson has proven he can handle the league, he's improving with his feet but the bigger thing is that it appears the defenders are more comfortable with him in goal which is vital.

he's only 30 and should have a good 3-4 more years to play at the top level so we should be able to get a decent return for him

Unread 05-04-2021, 05:17 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s some version of something that has occurred, I reckon.
Ole's made numerous big calls in crucial moments but he caved about changing the goalkeeper six months ago against one of the worst teams in the league. I don't believe it.

Unread 05-04-2021, 05:25 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Ole's made numerous big calls in crucial moments but he caved about changing the goalkeeper six months ago against one of the worst teams in the league. I don't believe it.

Unread 05-04-2021, 05:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Dunno, maybe he had second thoughts. Doesn’t have to have happened as described. It’s felt like DdG’s position has been wobbly a few times. Picking him cost us points though.

Unread 05-04-2021, 05:45 PM
Medlock

This rumour is obviously %@#$&!s

Unread 05-04-2021, 06:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
This rumour is obviously %@#$&!s
After @footy accumulators tweeted haalands entire wage structure how dare you say this !!!

Unread 05-04-2021, 07:28 PM
utd99

Whether we believe twitter or not appears to depend heavily on whether we want to.

Unread 06-04-2021, 01:24 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...127609348?s=21

Rumblings begin. Dave will be off in the summer.
Thats weak managment. If you ask me.

Unread 06-04-2021, 04:07 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Thats weak managment. If you ask me.
Thanks, I was just about to

Unread 06-04-2021, 07:47 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Thanks, I was just about to

Unread 06-04-2021, 08:55 AM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
no great surprise if DeGea would be upset that he was going to get dropped as he's been our #1 for almost a decade

however....henderson has proven he can handle the league, he's improving with his feet but the bigger thing is that it appears the defenders are more comfortable with him in goal which is vital.
As we will be paying Dave’s wage next season whatever happens, why not offer him 12 months paternity leave or a year on loan to whichever minor club he wants in Spain.
Gives us chance to really test Henderson and still have a solid replacement.
It costs too much to move on players Judge has given astronomical contracts too.

Unread 06-04-2021, 03:12 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
As we will be paying Dave’s wage next season whatever happens, why not offer him 12 months paternity leave or a year on loan to whichever minor club he wants in Spain.
Gives us chance to really test Henderson and still have a solid replacement.
It costs too much to move on players Judge has given astronomical contracts too.
if we sell him, we bank a fee and get his high wages off the books....

so why should we pay his wages next season if we can sell him?

Unread 06-04-2021, 04:04 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
if we sell him, we bank a fee and get his high wages off the books....

so why should we pay his wages next season if we can sell him?
New to football contracts?

Unread 06-04-2021, 04:05 PM
Ronny

De Gea is on £18 million p.a and has two more years of his contract, how many clubs in Europe can afford that?
We could hardly ask a fee of any club offering to take on his wages.
If one of the two must be moved on it will be Henderson who might raise £40m not Dave who will demand that to leave.
People underestimate the straightjacket huge contracts for Dave and Martial have put us in.

Unread 06-04-2021, 04:18 PM
Sparky***

i'll never understand how 100k a week seems to be the jumping off point for contracts these days. £#%&!ing blows my mind. All sorts of squad filler on 100k+ a week.

Some of liverpool's best players aren't even on that.

Unread 06-04-2021, 04:34 PM
triple sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
De Gea is on £18 million p.a and has two more years of his contract, how many clubs in Europe can afford that?
We could hardly ask a fee of any club offering to take on his wages.
If one of the two must be moved on it will be Henderson who might raise £40m not Dave who will demand that to leave.
People underestimate the straightjacket huge contracts for Dave and Martial have put us in.
I think we have to give Deano Hendo the gig

We certainly shouldn't be asking for a fee for Dave, or at least not much of one. It's another Sanchez situation

Shifting him off the wage bill is also worth £40m to us, so fire up the fax machine imo

Unread 06-04-2021, 04:36 PM
Ronny

The contract given to Sanchez was financial lunacy..
The manager who demanded it was sacked...
The two executives who signed it off have continued to repeat the mistake without censure.
That Judge remains in charge of contract negotiation fills me with dread for the summer.

Unread 06-04-2021, 04:40 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The one avenue in world football that might have gotten that ludicrous contract off our hands might just have opened up. It’s funny when you look at some fundamental things like coming to claim high balls, throwing out from the back and good communication and realise that for so many years we traded those things for great shot stopping. It’s almost like it became ‘nah, we don’t do that at United’.:.
Justice for lawless

Unread 06-04-2021, 04:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Goalkeepers have never been a position I enjoy, always weirdos or @#%&!s....
shots. fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
New to football contracts?
new to vida?
Closed Thread