United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2023, 10:57 PM
armchair

The liverpool pen yesterday was the most "clear and obvious" error ever. Var will have an excuse. "Although replays show a clear error, in this case, it was not obvious to the referee, therefore it is not a clear AND obvious error" or some bs.

They are making it up as the go.

Unread 20-08-2023, 11:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think refereering has gone backwards in the last couple of years and i'm not just talking about bad decisions against United. So many games I watch referees being subjective rather than objective. Same with var. They convoluted the rules so much that, in every case, they could rule either way and still justify it.
VAR has made them all cowards. None of them have the balls to ref a game on their own terms. Why make a big call when they can just defer to the VAR ref. Worst addition to the game in my lifetime.

There’s loads of reductive changes to refereeing that have been implemented in recent years though. My biggest hate is the offside one where the attacking player is blatantly off but they let them attack/shoot or whatever. Just blow the whistle and get on with it.

Unread 20-08-2023, 11:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The liverpool pen yesterday was the most "clear and obvious" error ever. Var will have an excuse. "Although replays show a clear error, in this case, it was not obvious to the referee, therefore it is not a clear AND obvious error" or some bs.

They seem to make #@&%! ups and then just move the goalposts to justify them.

Unread 20-08-2023, 11:25 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
didn’t have maggers down as such a soft #@&%!

the man can absorb an unreal amount of personal indignity, a human shame sponge…

yet he’s blocking jem and heath fjs
Agreed. He must be masticating his 50 McNuggets in such a fashion he forgets which dip to choose and doesn't give a shit about his shirt or sofa

Unread 21-08-2023, 01:16 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
In no way shape or form are we currently approaching anything like “crisis point” ffs.
Give it time.

Unread 21-08-2023, 05:40 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Agreed. That Szobslaah cheated, he conned the ref. Staggeringly, VAR still gave the penalty and even though we all know what's happened, there's no come back on anyone. The referee's in our game vs Wolves got demoted instantly and there was apologies galore - wheres the consistency?

Apart from catching players throwing an elbow, what's been positive or what works with VAR? And even violent conduct is ambiguous (Casemiro's red vs Palace). Until something is introduced where there's a two way dialogue between PGMOL and the clubs/managers and they have to explain the decisions, it's a broken system which confuses all and spoils the game.

Unread 21-08-2023, 09:17 AM
jem

I must be the only one who thought it was a pen. dived like aldridge, for sure, but that was after the foul. if var saw contact, no way it's overruling.

Unread 21-08-2023, 11:18 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I must be the only one who thought it was a pen. dived like aldridge, for sure, but that was after the foul. if var saw contact, no way it's overruling.
you can probably start most of your posts with that tbf

Unread 21-08-2023, 11:24 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
you can probably start most of your posts with that tbf
it's lonely at the top.
Closed Thread