United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-02-2010, 06:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Re: Tonight's Champions League

Santon played last weekend at Napoli. Injured at the moment, but given that Mourinho gave him his senior debut at the age of 18 and he has since won five caps for the Italian national side, I think you have to give him that one. Balotelli is an excellent test of Mourinho's man management skills; he's got so much baggage. I doubt there's a more difficult player to manage at a top club in Europe at the moment, but Mourinho's doing a decent job.

Unread 25-02-2010, 06:31 PM
borsuk

anybody care to take a stab at how many italians maureen had in his starting line up last night?

Spoiler:
click to showhide

cesar bra
maicon bra
lucio bra
samuel arg
zanetti arg
cambaisso arg
stankovic serb
motta bra
sneijder hol
eto'o cam
milito arg

4 brazilians
4 argentinians
1 serbian
1 dutchman
1 cameroonian

0 italians
click to showhide

Unread 25-02-2010, 06:32 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
anybody care to take a stab at how many italians maureen had in his starting line up last night?

Spoiler:
click to showhide

cesar bra
maicon bra
lucio bra
samuel arg
zanetti arg
cambaisso arg
stankovic serb
motta bra
sneijder hol
eto'o cam
milito arg

4 brazilians
4 argentinians
1 serbian
1 dutchman
1 cameroonian

0 italians
click to showhide
0?

Unread 25-02-2010, 06:36 PM
borsuk

oh, and young players?

cesar 30
maicon 28
lucio 31
samuel 31
zanetti 36
cambaisso 29
stankovic 31
motta 27
sneijder 25
eto'o 28
milito 30

Unread 25-02-2010, 06:38 PM
dunk

I like Balotelli, he has a serious chip on his shoulder. One of those people who could start a fight in a phone box while asleep.

He's going to be hated throughout Europe for the vast majority of his career I reckon

Edit: I can't believe Lucio is only 31. He looked £#%&!ing ancient in 2002.

Oh, and Zanetti is awesome.

Unread 25-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
and balotelli can't stand mourinho. still, apart from that...
Mourinho is an egomaniac, but Balotelli is a very difficult personality. He almost always appears angry, and he's suffered a lot of abuse from fans because of his attitude (and the fact that he's a black Italian).

...I'm starting to come round to Jose (look at the competition with Premier League experience for being Fergie's successor), but if only if he commits to United long-term, and doesn't place his ego above the club...both of which are doubtful however.

Unread 25-02-2010, 06:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Spoiler:
click to showhide

cesar bra
maicon bra
lucio bra
samuel arg
zanetti arg
cambaisso arg
stankovic serb
motta bra
sneijder hol
eto'o cam
milito arg

4 brazilians
4 argentinians
1 serbian
1 dutchman
1 cameroonian

0 italians
click to showhide
Quote:
oh, and young players?

cesar 30
maicon 28
lucio 31
samuel 31
zanetti 36
cambaisso 29
stankovic 31
motta 27
sneijder 25
eto'o 28
milito 30

Fair points, but I'd say he's not really been there long enough to put all that at his door. Especially as the main charge has been to win the Champions League. Similar to his arrival at Chelsea, he's been given immediate short-term targets which don't really allow for drastic changes to the club set-up. He's spoken about changing the philosophy at Inter and making them the standard bearers in Italy in terms of bringing players through from the academy. The early signs are that he's being true to that. Both Santon and Balotelli started at Old Trafford last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Oh, and Zanetti is awesome.
He's unbelievable

Unread 25-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
oh, and young players?

cesar 30
maicon 28
lucio 31
samuel 31
zanetti 36
cambaisso 29
stankovic 31
motta 27
sneijder 25
eto'o 28
milito 30

You're desperate to see him fail. You were saying that he never has positive substitutions recently and he took off a midfielder and put on a striker and won the game so now you're harping on about how Italians he has. No one cares as long as they won the game. Face it, Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world. He's not lost at home in the league in 'kin ages. I think the last one was when he was Porto manager. Takes some doing that. Maybe he's getting his tactics right. Before you slate him for his tactics, ask yourself how often when we play big teams that we go all out? Very rarely these days.

Unread 25-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Grimson

Did anyone see the Greek fans pointing green lasers at Blanc's head during the entire game? Every time they showed him, dancing green lights across his bonce. It was either lasers or he's a Na'vi.

Unread 25-02-2010, 07:07 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You're desperate to see him fail. You were saying that he never has positive substitutions recently and he took off a midfielder and put on a striker and won the game so now you're harping on about how Italians he has. No one cares as long as they won the game. Face it, Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world. He's not lost at home in the league in 'kin ages. I think the last one was when he was Porto manager. Takes some doing that. Maybe he's getting his tactics right. Before you slate him for his tactics, ask yourself how often when we play big teams that we go all out? Very rarely these days.
eh? i'm not arsed if he succeeds or fails, i don't want to see him at ot, which is something completely different. there's no desperation in it, or desire for him to fail (other than the fun of watching his ego implode). i just don't think he's the man for us.

inter were very negative last night, playing a home game like an away fixture against a chelsea side which has struggled away from home all season. chelsea were on top for most of the match.

i don't think he's a bad manager. i think it's very clear he's a good manager, in terms of results. there are other reasons why i don't want him at ot: he doesn't bring through young players, his teams don't play good football and he creates teams of snidey whining diving @#%&!s.

and we've been pretty consistently attacking recently, home and away. i wouldn't describe the first leg against milan as cautious, for example.

Unread 25-02-2010, 07:08 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You were saying that he never has positive substitutions recently
oh, and no i wasn't. i said inter have been horribly negative in europe, which is true. their spineless performances in the two games against barca were embarrassing.

Unread 25-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Argentina

Chelsea lose
Cech out for the season
city limp out of their last cup hope for another year

Carlsberg don't do wednesday nights, but if they did...

Unread 25-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Bunker Buster

borsuk HATES Mourinho

pretty sad to see.

Unread 25-02-2010, 07:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Chelsea lose
Cech out for the season
city limp out of their last cup hope for another year

Carlsberg don't do wednesday nights, but if they did...
Nope

Unread 25-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
but if they did...
And then the Advert was ended, it would stop boring @#%&!s like you an internet Nerds Spoofing Adverts 3 years after they were on our tellies...

Bet you still hang around corner shops don't you Arge'rs covered in orange paint slapping people across the face....TANGO...

its 2010.

Shitty death.....

Unread 25-02-2010, 08:18 PM
safingtons

Default Re: speaking of commentators...

We get it borsinha, Moyes>Mourinho.

Would you seriously take him over José?

Unread 25-02-2010, 08:20 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons

change your name, @#%&!fish

Unread 25-02-2010, 08:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons

like a shot. i think moyes is the closest thing around to a young fergie. fantastic manager imo.

but that's not the point. whatever opinion anyone has of moyes it doesn't change the points about mourinho.

Unread 25-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
change your name, @#%&!fish

Unread 25-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Did anyone see the Greek fans pointing green lasers at Blanc's head during the entire game? Every time they showed him, dancing green lights across his bonce. It was either lasers or he's a Na'vi.
Where did you learn a word like bonce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
borsuk HATES Mourinho

pretty sad to see.
You're a massive shit stirrer.
Closed Thread